Peanuts (2015)

View Poll Results: How would you see this movie?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • In theaters?

4 57.14%
  • Home Release? (DVD)

1 14.29%
  • Both.

4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Peanuts (2015)

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool Peanuts (2015)

To commemorate the 65th anniversary of the Peanuts comic strip as well as the 50th anniversary of the first special,
    A Charlie Brown Christmas, The companies Peanuts Worldwide, 20th Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios had
    announced that a fifth feature film would be released as a celebration back in October of 2012.

The film is being handled by Charles Schulz's family with the screenwriters being Craig Schulz (son of Charles Schulz),
    Bryan Schulz (son of Craig Schulz/grandson of Charles Schulz), and Cornelius Uliano, writer of several short films,
    and directed by Steve Martino, director of the Blue Sky Studios film, Dr. Suess' Horton Hears a Who and will be done in
    CGI with Blue Sky Studios handling the animation. This will be the first feature film since the fourth film,
    Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!!), released in 1980.

On March 18th 2014, the first Teaser Trailer for the new film was released, unveiling the new art style which combines
    CG and Schulz's illustrations into one. The film is apparently titled Peanuts (by Schulz) and its trailer can be seen here,
    in this video provided by 20th Century Fox's YouTube Channel:

No firm plot details have been revealed other than to say that the Peanuts gang will be featured in this film with Snoopy and
    Charlie Brown being the central protagonists. The Little-Red Haired Girl and Fifi will be making an onscreen appearance,
    being the first time they have done so since It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown, Happy New Year, Charlie Brown and Life Is a Circus, Charlie Brown, respectively which were all specials that Charles Schulz had worked on.

Info from USA today.

Snoopy and Woodstock will be voiced by the late Bill Melendez, with archived
    vocal work.

Peanuts (by Schulz) will be coming to theaters on November 6th, 2015.

So what are your thoughts on the new art style and film?

EDIT:
    You're a Good Plan, Charlie Brown:
    A behind the scenes look on how the upcoming 2015 film
    went into production:
    You’re a Good Plan, Charlie Brown: A peek into the meticulous vision behind 2015′s ‘Peanuts’ feature film

Article also confirms that Vince Guaraldi's score will be present in the film,
    being the first time it has done so since 2006's, He's a Bully, Charlie Brown.
    Last edited by Kalos Adventurer; 12th April 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Peanuts (2015)

The animation style is quite stellar. It's interesting that they went for a style that resembles the authenticity of the animation and not a complete 3D-style model.

Quite looking forward to how this turns out.

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Hmm, I'm almost loathed to admit this, but that animation doesn't look altogether hideous.

This couldn't actually work, could it?

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I have to agree with the rest of you the animation is gorgeous. I wouldn't mind watching this movie when it's out.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

Registered User Machamp In Making's Avatar

So far, I'm really looking forward to this. We'll have to see a longer trailer before we can get a sense of how good the writing might be, but the visuals definitely capture the spirit of the original.
    Friend Code: 0259-0439-7123
    Friend Safari: Mankey, Throh, and Tyrogue

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People are so quick to be pessimistic. I've always loved Charlie Brown and love the rare instances when they do some new special with the Peanuts gang. The animations style here shows of the original style of the characters very well.

I'm very excited for this movie and I definitely plan on seeing it when it comes out!~ Wish it wasn't over a year away, though, but that should be plenty of time to make sure this turns out well.
    Kalos Adventurer likes this.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I love how they have animated this - I think it's a really gorgeous encapsulation of the original style with fresh technique. I might not get it on DVD unless the writing is really great, but I would certainly love to see it in a cinema. It just looks... Pretty, for lack of a better way of explaining it. At the very least it will be a very soothingly captured nostalgia kick.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I never really enjoyed the old specials that much. But this style is so pretty. I'll probably watch it when it comes out though.

That looks way, way better than I ever would have expected from a 3D take on Peanuts. It reminds me of the clay model art used for Earthbound and other games from the 80s/90s.

The Peanuts gang were a huge part of my childhood, and I believe the animators are going to do this movie great justice! From the few seconds that have played, it looks very promising!

But notice I said animators. I just hope they do not hire some hack writer who loves to insert disgusting toilet humor into these kinds of movies to make them more "hip" to a younger audience. The comics and specials are timeless, and I hope the people in charge of writing for this movie realize that! :O The animators captured that timeless element into a newer medium, and I here's to the writers pulling off the same.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snowlioness87 View Post
    I just hope they do not hire some hack writer who loves to insert disgusting toilet humor into these kinds of movies to make them more "hip" to a younger audience. The comics and specials are timeless, and I hope the people in charge of writing for this movie realize that! :O The animators captured that timeless element into a newer medium, and I here's to the writers pulling off the same.
    Charles Schulz' son and grandson are the writers of this film.

Producer, Paul Feig also says in the USA Today article from above,
    that "Snoopy will not be rapping, no one will be twerking, we're in good hands."

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Adventurer View Post
    Charles Schulz' son and grandson are the writers of this film.

Producer, Paul Feig also says in the USA Today article from above,
    that "Snoopy will not be rapping, no one will be twerking, we're in good hands."
    Slightly ironic, given that there actually WAS rapping in one of the Peanuts specials:

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I was worried about how this would work out, but the involvement of the Schulz estate and that trailer have alleviated most of my fears. This might actually be good!

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I've been curious about this film since it was announced. Granted CGI films have gotten tiresome for me (though I have nothing against CGI films), at least they're trying something different by making the CGI look like it's imitating 2D, but I am still more comfortable with full 2D animation.

I hear this will be kept timeless much like the classic Peanuts specials rather than filling it with toilet humor and such, and that's something that annoys me with kid's films to an extent, especially CGI films is the use of juvenile toilet humor to some extent. The thing about most CGI films today that annoys me (especially in Dreamworks films and most of their imitators) probably even more than toilet humor is pop-culture references, which are a sad attempt at trying to be "hip" and "current", especially when you realize the fact that people who watch these movies for the first time 10 years from now are likely not even going to get many of these references, which will cause the film to not age well and become dated, and I hope this film doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Johtohfiller View Post
    That looks way, way better than I ever would have expected from a 3D take on Peanuts. It reminds me of the clay model art used for Earthbound and other games from the 80s/90s.
    Now that you mentioned it, it kinda does, but then again, Earthbound reminds me a lot of the Peanuts to an extent.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I still prefer a 2D animated film, but I was pleasantly surprised by the style in the teaser. It does make it a bit more interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast