Operation Rainfall

View Poll Results: Have you played any of the Operation Rainfall titles?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • No, but I want to.

1 16.67%
  • I don't care about them.

2 33.33%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sohma-sohma
  • 1 Post By Reila

Thread: Operation Rainfall

Add sohma-sohma on Facebook
    Follow sohma-sohma on Tumblr

Smile Operation Rainfall

I was trying to find a thread with this topic, but I couldn't locate one. Thus, I decided to make one myself. I'm sure most of the people on here have at least heard of Operation Rainfall. Or have heard of the games that were included in its campaign. So, I wanna hear peoples' opinions on the matter.

Was it a success?
    Personally, I'm not sure. I know for that the localization of The Last Story was in development prior to even hearing about/acknowledging Operation Rainfall. A member of the XSeed team was at Tokyo Game Show, and brought it back to the XSeed offices. They all loved it. If you'd like information, you can read the article, pertaining to the subject matter here. I was also told that Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't necessarily impacted by OpRainfall's efforts either. I believe I read it somewhere on Operation Rainfall's site, ironically. But I can't seem to find a post/article pertaining to this. So, this information isn't necessarily true. And last but not least is Pandora's Tower. This is one I'm pretty positive was impacted by the campaigning of OpRainfall. XSeed's best selling title to date was the Last Story, and I believe by that point they realized that OpRainfall helped it sell that well. I think they decided to localize Pandora's Tower, knowing it would get instant support upon release.

Did you buy any of the OpRainfall titles?
    I have purchased The Last Story. I was lucky to find a launch copy that came in the special case, along with the artbook. Sadly, I don't have Xenoblade Chronicles. Even though I was told it would be a limited print exclusive to Gamestop (and Best Buy later). It was a bad decision at the time. ^^; Now it's almost impossible to find. :( And with Pandora's Tower coming out on March 26th of this year, I won't make the same mistake as I did with Xenoblade Chronicles...hopefully.

So, I guess it's your turn now. Feel free to answer the questions I highlighted in red. Or say whatever you'd like pertaining to the subject.
    White version Friend Code:
    1936-2837-5440

Blog Entries

Default Re: Operation Rainfall

I don't really care about the operation since I am not fond of RPG (besides Pokémon and SMT), but I was hoping for it to be successful anyway

I support Operation Moonfall, though.

Add sohma-sohma on Facebook
    Follow sohma-sohma on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I don't really care about the operation since I am not fond of RPG (besides Pokémon and SMT), but I was hoping for it to be successful anyway

I support Operation Moonfall, though.
    Well, I'm glad you wanted it to be successful at least. :) I think it overall sent a positive message to gamers in general, that their voices matter. To some degree they can make an impact on the video games industry.

I support Operation Moonfall as well. It would be nice if Majora's Mask received the same treatment that Ocarina of Time had. :D
    Reila likes this.
    White version Friend Code:
    1936-2837-5440

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

I do support Operation Rainfall's cause, as I was drawn to Pandora's Tower when it was announced. Yet to actually play an Operation Rainfall game though.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sohma-sohma View Post
    I support Operation Moonfall as well. It would be nice if Majora's Mask received the same treatment that Ocarina of Time had. :D
    Thanks for the support, it means a lot to me. Majora's Mask is my favorite game :)