My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Page 8

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite pony?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

40 13.75%
  • Rainbow Dash

78 26.80%
  • Pinkie Pie

46 15.81%
  • Rarity

34 11.68%
  • Applejack

16 5.50%
  • Fluttershy

77 26.46%
Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu
    Is it wrong for me to think Pinkie Pie is sexier than Rarity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank
    No, though you might want to look again at the fact that you're ranking ponies in order of sexiness.

Oh, who am I kidding? The sexiest is obviously Rainbow Dash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Pfffft, Twilight is clearly the sexiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana
    This.

Wait, what?
    srsly u guise, srsly.

lol, what the heck?

Anyway, the prices those eBay auctions have been going for are quite impressive. I figured Pinkie would sell higher than Derpy, in the end. People really love Pinkie.

Even Applejack is up in the $2000s now, though... I honestly didn't expect that.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

The dedication of the fanbase is certainly admirable. Or hopelessly addicted. I kid, the cause is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eredar Warlock View Post
    Now if she would just remove "Sparkle" from her name and just be called Twilight, it would be fairly perfect.
    The ponies refer to her simply as Twilight for most of the series so you're in luck. Most ponies with drawn out names tend to get truncated to just the first word much like a nickname.

-In Simple Harmony-

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ho ho, now I have a Pinkie Pie theme for Firefox!
    Official Claimer of Mii Fighter (Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U)
    3DS Code: 0860 - 3581 - 9005

Yeah, it actually sounds odd when somepony refers to Twilight by her full name (see: Fluttershy in Feeling Pinkie Keen during her apology to Twilight for dropping a frog on her face).

Rainbow Dash is the only one of them who you can really refer to by either portion of her name on its own, and have it not sound odd (Sparkle and Pie just wouldn't work the same way as Dash, lol). Even her full name doesn't really sound as odd as the others when used out loud, perhaps because it's often blended together so that it almost sounds like a single word (especially when uttered by Pinkie).

Agent of SHIELD $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Rarity is by far the best of the group.

Blog Entries

Pinkie bends the rules of reality amusingly well.

Blog Entries
    Follow Sailor Tay On Twitter

I prefer Dash [obviously ;)]

I'd liked her already, but Sonic Rainboom (the entire episode) sealed her as my permanent fave :D
    Tweet me.

10/22/11 - the day I came out as a transgender female. The next chapter of my life has begun...

Wibbly-Wobbly Blastywasty Hydro Blastoise's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are my favorite ponies. Rainbow Dash is awesome; especially after Sonic Rainboom (and Cutie Mark Chronicles) showed.

Pinkie Pie breaks reality and even the fourth wall constantly, adding great humor while still giving catchy songs (cupcakes, anyone?) and being an overall sweetie.

I also think Spike is hilarious, especially (A Dog and Pony Show was an example of this) when he's taken a more centered role.
    Last edited by Hydro Blastoise; 27th April 2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Oak's words echoed... "Player! This isn't the time to use that!"
    Platinum: 4812 8510 1948 | SoulSilver: 3996 8822 9936
    White: 4298 2572 7641
    PGL Nickname: DarkBowser
    Wii #: 4411 3334 4226 7777

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolverine Pony View Post
    I prefer Dash [obviously ;)]

I'd liked her already, but Sonic Rainboom (the entire episode) sealed her as my permanent fave :D
    Not to mention she's the reason...well...just watch "Cutie Mark Chronicles".

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

Applejack is the best.

/thread

Speaking of Rainbow Dash and Applejack, the shipping part of the fandom like to put these two together a lot. Well, they do act very... lesibean?

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

Blog Entries
    Follow Sailor Tay On Twitter

^ I personally don't believe they act like that at all, but people are free to do what they want, I just don't care for it...

Funny thing is that AJ and Dash both have the same voice actress.
    Tweet me.

10/22/11 - the day I came out as a transgender female. The next chapter of my life has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldeenTail View Post
    Applejack is the best.

/thread
    I can't believe how wrong this statement is. Really.

Speaking of Rainbow Dash and Applejack, the shipping part of the fandom like to put these two together a lot. Well, they do act very... lesibean?
    It's natural to make lesbians out of a cast of characters that are almost all female.

Rainbow Dash is basically the fandom bicycle in that she gets shipped with everyone. Applejack and Pinkie Pie are the most popular.

Ugh... I feel very uncomfortable talking about shipping horses.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    Not to mention she's the reason...well...just watch "Cutie Mark Chronicles".
    Of course, that provides a lot of fun potential (probably not in the show; but in fanfics) for a time travelling villain trying to change the past. It's possible to link at least some of the main cast members together, had Dash lost the race and the rainboom never happened.

Pinkamena (she wouldn't have switched to Pinkie in this timeline) would've stayed on the farm, retained her conservative hairstyle, and not been driven mad by the rainboom's shockwave or developed her physics-defying powers. After taking over the farm from her parents, she'd decide to begin expanding the family business from simple rock farming to a more elaborate mining operation.

The boulder Rarity was dragged to by her horn never would've shattered without the rainboom, so she would've continued thinking her destiny is rocks... initially resistant to the idea, but eventually growing to accept it. Soon after finishing school, this would lead her to Pinkamena's farm, where Rarity would become her right-hand-pony and top administrator during the transition from farming to mining. Spending so much more time around rocks at this point, it would be inevitable that she'd finally discover her horn is actually sensitive to the gems inside rocks, rather than the rocks themselves. That would be just the kick-start the mining business needs, and Pinkamena would make Rarity a full partner and they'd begin buying up as much of the land around Ponyville and the Everfree Forest as possible.

Applejack would've stayed in Manehatten, eventually becoming a wealthy socialite moving in the same circles as her aunt and uncle. She could be one of the first investors in Pinkamena and Rarity's mining operations (having been let in on the secret of Rarity's talent), hosting fundraiser galas and otherwise assisting them in securing investments from other members of Manehatten's elite. The reason Pinkamena and Rarity would've chosen to confide in Applejack out of all the Manehatten elite, of course, was because they both somewhat remembered her from their schoolfilly days in Ponyville, before Applejack moved to the city.

After losing the race, Rainbow decided to give up flying for good, dropping out of flight school and confining herself permanently to the ground; living a mostly solitary life on the outskirts of Ponyville. She goes so far as to make her career beneath the ground, becoming an embittered, heart-broken laborer in one of Pinkamena's many mines.

Fluttershy still developed her love for the ground (this depending only on the beginning of the race, not Rainbow's victory), but not her special talent for communicating with animals; or at least not as quickly. I don't imagine things would've gone as differently for her as for the others, though, because even prior to the rainboom she was clearly getting along with all those animals extremely well. Given her personality, I do think she would've felt herself responsible for Rainbow's bitterness and self-imposed isolation. She would probably choose to live relatively nearby to Dash so she could maintain their relationship, keep tabs on her, and continue to make attempts to draw out her old spirit.
    Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 27th April 2011 at 06:01 PM.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Ugh... I feel very uncomfortable talking about shipping horses.
    My uncle was a livestock haulage contractor. He felt the same way.

Uh, anyway, shipping Rainbow Dash and Applejack is absolutely the most boring approach. You could do that without even watching the show: "Oh hey, Rainbow Dash is a jock, and Applejack is strong and does manual work. They both have slightly masculine traits and are thus lesbians." There was that one magazine article that claimed Rainbow Dash was a lesbian stereotype (the writer hadn't actually watched the show).

This is, believe it or not, a show where I've never really considered shipping. Though I tend to ship characters with opposing personalities, so I suppose I'd go for Twilight/Pinkie, Rainbow Dash/Fluttershy and Applejack/Rarity. Rainbow Dash/Fluttershy could actually be adorable.

Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast