My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Page 24

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite pony?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

40 13.99%
  • Rainbow Dash

77 26.92%
  • Pinkie Pie

45 15.73%
  • Rarity

33 11.54%
  • Applejack

16 5.59%
  • Fluttershy

75 26.22%
Page 24 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree1056Likes

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

So I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma.

I've got a character in mind for a MLP story. It's an ultimately villainous character, and I base him heavily on Final Fantasy VI's Kefka Palazzo. He would ultimately be similarly insane and have a similar rise to power, becoming equally as powerful as either of the two princess/goddesses, perhaps even robbing them of the majority of their powers for his own. A few issues are here, however.

1. A story of this kind almost demands Pinkie Pie as the main character. A Kefka-like character would have many of the same qualities Pinkie Pie herself has, but twisted. His insanity runs far deeper and far darker than Pinkie Pie's can go, and would be on display almost constantly. In essence, the character would be Pinkie Pie's reflection in a cracked mirror.

2. The dark, nihilistic nature of the character present the problem that the fic may end up becoming rather dark. I'm not really sure how this can be avoided, given the nature of a mixture of nihilism and complete insanity. I'm not really keen on this idea as I really don't like seeing especially bright worlds turning grim and dark beyond a certain point. Making the world a bit grittier is fine, considering the backstory and the frequent elements of danger in the show proper - just not rampant death and destruction.

Essentially, I have three choices: Go ahead with the story in its most raw, dark form, find a way to make it less dark, or simply kill the thoughts with fire. If I do the second, though, I am at a total loss as to how.
    ~DawnFairy=)~ likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eredar Warlock View Post
    So I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma.

I've got a character in mind for a MLP story. It's an ultimately villainous character, and I base him heavily on Final Fantasy VI's Kefka Palazzo. He would ultimately be similarly insane and have a similar rise to power, becoming equally as powerful as either of the two princess/goddesses, perhaps even robbing them of the majority of their powers for his own. A few issues are here, however.

1. A story of this kind almost demands Pinkie Pie as the main character. A Kefka-like character would have many of the same qualities Pinkie Pie herself has, but twisted. His insanity runs far deeper and far darker than Pinkie Pie's can go, and would be on display almost constantly. In essence, the character would be Pinkie Pie's reflection in a cracked mirror.

2. The dark, nihilistic nature of the character present the problem that the fic may end up becoming rather dark. I'm not really sure how this can be avoided, given the nature of a mixture of nihilism and complete insanity. I'm not really keen on this idea as I really don't like seeing especially bright worlds turning grim and dark beyond a certain point. Making the world a bit grittier is fine, considering the backstory and the frequent elements of danger in the show proper - just not rampant death and destruction.

Essentially, I have three choices: Go ahead with the story in its most raw, dark form, find a way to make it less dark, or simply kill the thoughts with fire. If I do the second, though, I am at a total loss as to how.

There's already a fallout crossover. I know it's not the darkest but nuclear apocalypses is fairly grim so go right ahead and use the story in its most raw, dark form
    "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."

- William Westmoreland

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

-Douglas MacArthur

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyler212 View Post
    There's already a fallout crossover. I know it's not the darkest but nuclear apocalypses is fairly grim so go right ahead and use the story in its most raw, dark form
    Not looking to past writers as an example of what I should or shouldn't do, so don't suggest them to me. Even if you say "so and so did this". I'm also aware of the Cupcakes fic, and in any case the fact that there is dark fiction out there of that kind is one of the reasons why I am even questioning whether or not to go grim with this one. I've already written a blog about how much I dislike dark fiction in Pokemon, so the fact that I even have these story ideas makes me feel like a hypocrite.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Figures the one time my parents aren't listening to WWDTM they decide to talk about the ponies. :/
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eredar Warlock View Post
    Not looking to past writers as an example of what I should or shouldn't do, so don't suggest them to me. Even if you say "so and so did this". I'm also aware of the Cupcakes fic, and in any case the fact that there is dark fiction out there of that kind is one of the reasons why I am even questioning whether or not to go grim with this one. I've already written a blog about how much I dislike dark fiction in Pokemon, so the fact that I even have these story ideas makes me feel like a hypocrite.
    Well then it's up to you. I don't know a thing about FF games or characters so I don't know how dark it's going to get. Maybe you can outline the idea to somebody and have them write or scrap it. You could start writing it and after two chapters(not post it) make the decisions as to continue the darkness as you have started or tone it down or scrap the idea.

- William Westmoreland

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

-Douglas MacArthur

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

After 'procrastinating' (being interested but not seeing the show), I saw a few episodes... I think I'm addicted. The show is fun. ^^;

I became interested after seeing animated GIFs and then changing mine to one (not the current one; another avatar with Trixie in it).

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

have they announced a DVD set of the first season yet?

Don't make Twilight angry PokemonHero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    have they announced a DVD set of the first season yet?
    They said they are working on it, but there is no official release date as of right now. Otherwise, it's available on iTunes right now. $39.99 for standard definition, $49.99 for HD.

Blog Entries

iTunes leaves something to be desired, though, even ignoring the lack of a physical product and the fact it`s not full HD. They cropped the frame very slightly, which is noticeable if you compare an iTunes screenshot to one from a Hubworld episode or HD cable broadcast. They also did a very poor job converting it, and the colours are washed out. I avoid dealing with Apple for the most part, and I won`t make an exception; not even for FiM.

I would like a Blu-Ray release alongside the DVD, though. Genuine 1080p without the problems of iTunes (poor colour, 720p, cropping) or the problems with the 1080p cable broadcast (relatively low-bitrate video using the inferior MPEG-2 codec rather than H.264). It would be the best of both worlds, without any of the drawbacks.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I just watched the first two episodes on YouTube. I'm honestly surprised that I liked it, and I think I'll keep watching them. My favorite for now is Fluttershy. She's adorable. :3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    I just watched the first two episodes on YouTube. I'm honestly surprised that I liked it, and I think I'll keep watching them. My favorite for now is Fluttershy. She's adorable. :3

Welcome to

My your stay be plesent or feel the wraith of the O.F.C

- William Westmoreland

-Douglas MacArthur

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    I'm sure you'll like the rest of the series: the pilot is quite different to the other episodes in terms of storyline. I often say to people "don't watch the pilot first", because it might give a wrong impression of the series.

Which reminds me... I wonder if we will see Luna in season 2?

y team

Blog Entries

While I haven't picked up anymore episodes since I saw the first two and that one abridged vid (look on page 17) and a few others. They made another episode. I've seen other takes, but this one's the best.

confoundtheseponies

additional comment:
    Really confound them now. I sat through episode three last night after I posted this despite saying I wouldn't return (Guess that vid up there was what did it. Crossing anything with Gurren Lagann always makes things 220% cooler, at minimum) Now it's officially my favorite western cartoon (tied with Regular show, which had its own breed of "bronies". But that's something entirely different.)

What I'm trying to say is, I now officially adore it. Favorite character is Spike.
    Last edited by Miar; 3rd July 2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: extra little something.

Glad to see another Brony with us. My Little Pony is amazing.

Blog Entries

people know about my pony love :(
    I Said i put the website on for my 2 year old sister
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here