My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Page 130

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite pony?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

40 13.99%
  • Rainbow Dash

77 26.92%
  • Pinkie Pie

45 15.73%
  • Rarity

33 11.54%
  • Applejack

16 5.59%
  • Fluttershy

75 26.22%
Page 130 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2172
Like Tree1056Likes

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Blog Entries

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I'm disappointed that it wasn't a two-parter or anything though.
    A two parter is said to follow in Season 4. Hopefully, it serves as a good follow up.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Oh, okay, that sounds good to me then. :)

But one question, why was season 3 so short? Seasons 1 and 2 both had like 25 episodes, but season 3 only has what, 16? :/

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Oh, okay, that sounds good to me then. :)

But one question, why was season 3 so short? Seasons 1 and 2 both had like 25 episodes, but season 3 only has what, 16? :/
    Actually, Season 1 and 2 had 26 and Season 3 had 13.

I guess it was because DMX and the VAs were doing more involving not only Littlest Pet Shop, there was also the issue of Equestria Girls. I dunno why Season 4 has 26, but maybe new animators were hired.

That, or Hasbro, for some unknown reason, wanted the show to get to 65 episodes. I dunno.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    Actually, Season 1 and 2 had 26 and Season 3 had 13.

I guess it was because DMX and the VAs were doing more involving not only Littlest Pet Shop, there was also the issue of Equestria Girls. I dunno why Season 4 has 26, but maybe new animators were hired.

That, or Hasbro, for some unknown reason, wanted the show to get to 65 episodes. I dunno.
    Oh. Huh. Well, I suppose we'll never really know. At least the next season won't be so short.

Blog Entries

Why would Twilight be granted Alicorn-hood simply by completing an ancient spell? Because, if you think about it, Star Swirl's spell switches ponies' places in life, e.g., it makes them understand each other, something that would be paramount in a world where friendship is so heavily relevant. It's rather fascinating to think about.
    Celestia tells Twilight that her knowledge of friendship was what allowed her to complete Star Swirl's spell. Recalling what Twilight was like in the very beginning, it appears that Star Swirl was the type of pony Twilight would have become without the influence of her friends: an accomplished unicorn with massive magical talent, but lacking the understanding that 'friendship is magic' and all that came with it. Perhaps she would have been content with her books and original conviction that she didn't 'need' friends.
    The very first song we were introduced to in this season was Twilight singing about that, despite her copious and clear talents, she isn't prepared for the duty ahead of her. And then the very last song in the third season we hear is how everything is going to be fine. It seems practically as though the last episode was basically an answer to the first. No, Twilight was certainly not prepared for the responsibility that was suddenly thrust upon her...but just like in real life, just because you aren't prepared for something that lands in your lap, it doesn't mean you don't have the talents to make it through with flying colors anyway. It's more like a Fridge Heartwarming, a way of saying "just because something huge and unexpected gets put on your shoulders, it doesn't mean you can't make it work"...which could also apply to the show itself! "No, you fans weren't prepared for this big change, but you know we're talented and we can make it happen." Frankly, an awesome message in my opinion!
    Pearls of wisdom straight from TV Tropes.
    RiverAura and Kelleo like this.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I'm excited to hear about Twilight turning alicorn, but please tell me I'm not the only fan who sort of lost interest with this season.

(which I think is partly changes in the fandom and partly because the wait was just way, way, way too long)
    Insanish Danish likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I'm excited to hear about Twilight turning alicorn, but please tell me I'm not the only fan who sort of lost interest with this season.

(which I think is partly changes in the fandom and partly because the wait was just way, way, way too long)
    I agree completely. I still enjoy the show but I'm not as into it as I was this time last year.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post

I agree completely. I still enjoy the show but I'm not as into it as I was this time last year.
    Yeah, I've noticed that I really don't care as much about keeping up to date on whatever is the latest episode which was a BIG DEAL for me last season. It's more something I enjoy on my own when I need some escapism; I'm not as interested in discussing it with other fans as I was a year ago.

I still treasure that Pinkie Pie plush thing I got at Otakon though.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Yeah I'm on that boat too I guess. I still haven't finished all of season 3 yet. I'm currently on "Wonderbolt Academy" which makes me about 6 episodes behind. Although most people I know I like MLP, I like watching the episodes in private when I'm alone, but I haven't had time to catch up. Though also for some reason, I don't really feel like watching the episodes even when I have time. I still love the show, but I've also lost interest in with this season. Though a year ago this time I was a big fan and interacted with alot of the fan on forums and facebook pages. This year not so much. Maybe it's just how short the season was. I don't know. But I'm exactly pretty excited for Season 4.

Blog Entries

@BlueRoyal92; Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. It might be length of the season or long the wait was. But I don't think there's actually been any quality drop this season. I guess maybe I've gotten into a lot of more compelling TV series that draw more attention and are bigger conversation starters since the second season of MLP ended, but that doesn't really explain why it seems like so many are also losing interest. It's clearly not just me.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

@BlueRoyal92; Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. It might be length of the season or long the wait was. But I don't think there's actually been any quality drop this season. I guess maybe I've gotten into a lot of more compelling TV series that draw more attention and are bigger conversation starters since the second season of MLP ended, but that doesn't really explain why it seems like so many are also losing interest. It's clearly not just me.
    Well for me, it's mainly not having enough time to watch them.I used to watch them on my iPod but now my iPod's broken and I have no other way to watch them but on my computer or try to get myself out of bed early enough to catch them on TV. The latter which is the least likely due to my crazy sleep schedule. From the 6 and a half episodes I've seen, the quality of the show is still there. Though it doesn't compare to season 2 for me which has to be my favorite season so far. The lack of episode could also be part of it because the season felt rushed and I couldn't become part of the excitement as much.I have high hopes for season 4 though.

Blog Entries

Bored? Check this TV Tropes page out. It always enhances my enjoyment of the show. How certain subtleties go over people's heads and all.

@BlueRoyal92 @Goodbye Blue Monday @Insanish Danish @Kelleo

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic - Television Tropes & Idioms

Blog Entries

@matt0044; Believe me, I've read the various My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic TVTropes pages hundreds of times and probably added tons of edits myself. I'm sure most people here are also at least somewhat familiar with TV Tropes too.

Anyway, when I say that MLP isn't as "deep" as other shows I watch I'm mostly talking about adult shows, where these things are a lot more explicit and intentional than they are on a kids' show that needs to have over-the-top morals at the end of each episode because its target audience of 7-year-olds wouldn't get them otherwise.
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 26th February 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Blog Entries

@Goodbye Blue Monday Okay, suit yourself. I meant it more for those who had seen it. Sorry.

To lighten up the mood, has anyone seen this Youtube series called Equestria Inquirer? It's zany and crazy and gets good around episode 10 (Equestria Inquirer #10 - YouTube). For those who haven seen it, that is... Of course, absurdness and craziness isn't everyone's cup of joe so trend carefully.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    To lighten up the mood, has anyone seen this Youtube series called Equestria Inquirer? It's zany and crazy and gets good around episode 10 (Equestria Inquirer #10 - YouTube). For those who haven seen it, that is... Of course, absurdness and craziness isn't everyone's cup of joe so trend carefully.
    The Enquirer has some pretty funny stuff. I tend to read the PDF versions on Joe Stevens' DeviantArt account. They're still a bit strange, but a bit less outright crazy than the videos (they read similarly to articles from The Onion).

As for TV Tropes, there is some pretty cool stuff on there to get people thinking about the show more. I have contributed a little to the site myself, but mostly it's just fun to see everyone's insight into potential explanations for the show (such as the Fridge Brilliance pages), as well as the more standard examinations of plot elements.

As a bit of a warning, however, to anyone who has never visited the site before: Block out a good few hours where you don't have anything to do before going on TV Tropes. It can be a bit addicting, especially when you don't yet recognize the site-specific jargon used and end up doing the Wiki Walk (and yes, that's a page on TV Tropes).