My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Page 127

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite pony?

Voters
288. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

40 13.89%
  • Rainbow Dash

78 27.08%
  • Pinkie Pie

46 15.97%
  • Rarity

33 11.46%
  • Applejack

16 5.56%
  • Fluttershy

75 26.04%
Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2173
Like Tree1057Likes

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Blog Entries

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I did not Like Dashie at all in this episode, she was just Too mean.
    Given Discord mindraped her and her friends, her "meanness" wasn't entirely unwarranted. With a bad first impression like that, who wouldn't be apprehensive in the slightest?

Bionicle = my first love Toa of Ponies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I did not Like Dashie at all in this episode, she was just Too mean.
    Given Discord mindraped her and her friends, her "meanness" wasn't entirely unwarranted. With a bad first impression like that, who wouldn't be apprehensive in the slightest?
    Yeah , your probably right. heh, I dunno leave me alone!

Saxophonist|PW:AA fan|Orchestra/Jazz player |K-On! fan|Pokemon Fan|
    My dragons! Please have a look and click!

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

This was a really wonderful episode. I honestly never expected them to go the redemption route with Discord, but I'm very pleasantly surprised that they did, as I felt bad for him at the end of the Return of Harmony two-parter (to an extent, I feel even worse for him now with hindsight, since it transpires that, instead of subjecting him to god-knows-how-many-years of being trapped in stone - during which he was apparently consciously aware of everything - Celestia could have solved the problem all along by just being friendly to him). :p

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Did they used to be friends when they were young, never explained.
    Discord stated that he never had a friend before Fluttershy, so probably not. I hope that this will be addressed in a future episode, otherwise it comes across as a mere plot contrivance to bring Discord back (not that I'm complaining, mind...).
    Last edited by garrison-san; 24th January 2013 at 02:21 AM.

After digesting the episode for a few days, I like it but I feel future episodes determine if Discord stays as awesome as he is. One thing I hope they do is not pull a grinch and make him all warm and fuzzy but show that his self-interest in keeping Fluttershy on friendly terms is what holds back his chaos. As for Fluttershy we finally get an episode not about her getting more confident but using the skills natural to her and her element to overcome an obstacle. For the first time ever (with the exception of her counter-trolling in the hedge maze) I can say I liked her character and didn't find her bland.

Blog Entries

Still not sure how I feel about that.
    I mean, Discord was the antithesis, the opposite of friendship and harmony (not to mention a great source for laughs--just ask Pinkie)
    What's to happen to him now?

And now the series is to air in Japan (トモダチは魔法 tomodachi wa mahou), dubbed by Bushiroad (Cardfight Vanguard).
    Plusgood? Eh...
    While they're aware of the potential adult fans (They name-dropped Lady Gaga), from what I'm aware of, cutesy colorful animals (Pikachu!) make better mascots than main characters.
    Stuff like this would be for an even younger audience there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Celestia could have solved the problem all along by just being friendly to him.
    My guess that he never made a good impression on the Princesses and other ponies as during his rule he created chaos here, there and everywhere. Including ponies being manipulated and causing major strife. Hell, in my headcanon, Celestia and Luna became Equestria's rulers after saving the ponies from him (that and being able to control the sun and moon with ease gets you major recognition). Anyways, Discord didn't exactly have the makings of a good friend then.

Okay, I officially hate Spike's interaction with the Mane 6. "Hey guy who saved the Crystal Empire we're all headed up for important stuff bet'cha wish you could come." Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised if Spike joined Chrysalis or Sombra at some point? I know he won't because kid's show but really, Dragons got his own stained glass window what more does he need for some respect?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woba Fett View Post
    Okay, I officially hate Spike's interaction with the Mane 6. "Hey guy who saved the Crystal Empire we're all headed up for important stuff bet'cha wish you could come." Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised if Spike joined Chrysalis or Sombra at some point? I know he won't because kid's show but really, Dragons got his own stained glass window what more does he need for some respect?
    I know what you mean. While I do want to wait for the next episode to see if any explanation is given then, it does seem odd that he wasn't invited.

I did like this episode, though. It was fun to see everyone's pets again.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Thoughts on Just For Sidekicks.

Who is this git?

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Wow, they dropped Peewee Phoenix from the show a little unceremoniously. "Dragon Quest" was one of my least favourite episodes, so I can't claim to care too much, but it does make me wonder why they didn't just have Spike reunite him with his family at the end of that episode, instead of setting it up to look like Spike was going to have a pet of his own.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 27th January 2013 at 07:18 AM.

Registered User Gilda the Griffon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Wow, they dropped Peewee Phoenix from the show a little unceremoniously. "Dragon Quest" was one of my least favourite episodes, so I can't claim to care too much, but it does make me wonder why they didn't just have Spike reunite him with his family at the end of that episode, instead of setting it up to look like Spike was going to have a pet of his own.
    Agreed. Disregarding the Just for Sidekicks episode (which I love of the idea including pets) Since they are the pets of the Mane 6 they should be in many more eps. With the exception of Opal and possibly Angel they really need more of the pets in there. Especially Pewee. I'd honestly like to see more Peewee.

Blog Entries

They didn't seem to be "disrespecting" him and I think you might be going about it the wrong way. At best, it sounded like playful banter. So yeah, you're the only one and for good reason.
    Last edited by matt0044; 27th January 2013 at 12:08 PM.

True there hasn't been any FiW-esque abuse but if you pay attention it seems more like callous indifference that can be just as bad. In the past we've seen things like Spike not being at Twilight's birthday and having to "photo-shop" a photo of himself in a group pic. Even in Crystal Empire the only real recognition Spike got was his window, which is from Celestia. Instead everyone sings for Twilight. "Since when does Twilight Sparkle ever fail?" If it weren't for Spike she'd still be at the bottom of Sombra's staircase or in his cage. Little things like this build up over time so in this episode the issue appears twice. Once Spike is clearly bitter that he is left behind, even though he played a huge role in saving the Crystal Empire, and Fluttershy is too busy trying to get him to babysit to comfort him. On the train ride RD even bluntly states Spike would have enjoyed himself. It may not be blatant abuse Spike receives but he is ignored and only remembered when useful, and this episode implies that attitude extends to Cadence.

All I'm saying is Spike is becoming the new Zoidberg, Zoidberg works because everyone in Futurama is a self-centered jerk most of the time but it doesn't really fit in MLP/

Blog Entries

In the past we've seen things like Spike not being at Twilight's birthday and having to "photo-shop" a photo of himself in a group pic.
    At best, he could've been doing something important but a statement in that episode would've helped.

Even in Crystal Empire the only real recognition Spike got was his window, which is from Celestia. Instead everyone sings for Twilight. "Since when does Twilight Sparkle ever fail?" If it weren't for Spike she'd still be at the bottom of Sombra's staircase or in his cage.
    If you wish to stretch it, you could say it was meant to show how Twilight's paranoia over how she'd ace the test at the beginning have been proven to be just that: paranoia.

Little things like this build up over time so in this episode the issue appears twice. Once Spike is clearly bitter that he is left behind, even though he played a huge role in saving the Crystal Empire, and Fluttershy is too busy trying to get him to babysit to comfort him. On the train ride RD even bluntly states Spike would have enjoyed himself. It may not be blatant abuse Spike receives but he is ignored and only remembered when useful, and this episode implies that attitude extends to Cadence.
    Sadly, it's pretty much Unfortunate Implications.

While I disagree with your claims regarding the Mane Six, I will admit how Spike not being able to go is weird. But considering how the Mane Six are barely recognized for defeating evil in the name of the moon, it shouldn't come as a huge shocker. Seems that in Equestria, defeating evil isn't a huge deal. Maybe others do it so it's nothing special there.
    Last edited by matt0044; 27th January 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Should've said this long before, but +1 for Sherclop on yet another correct guess. Shame they got Littlekuriboh'd.
    But seriously, there's got to be a twist somewhere. Hasbro just continues to hype the freaking hell out of

Whatever.
    Whoever wrote Just for Sidekicks should do his own show. Xyr characterization is great, and the lines were delivered surprisingly well.
    Of course, the Crusaders are never not cute, so it was a given for them.
    matt0044 likes this.