My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Page 111

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite pony?

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

40 13.75%
  • Rainbow Dash

78 26.80%
  • Pinkie Pie

46 15.81%
  • Rarity

34 11.68%
  • Applejack

16 5.50%
  • Fluttershy

77 26.46%
Page 111 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2191

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I'm surprised that Iron Will is featured on the "Villains" poster. Really, what was so bad about him?
    Well, he's not so much as a villain as an antagonist. At least, for a time before Fluttershy got him thinking.
    Yeah, THIS. I'd say if they're going to count the likes of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, or the Sports Pegasi, they should count Iron Will.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I don't think Silver Spoon or Diamond Tiara are villains really. Antagonists, like Iron Will so yeah they should be removed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Kouzan View Post
    I don't think Silver Spoon or Diamond Tiara are villains really. Antagonists, like Iron Will so yeah they should be removed.
    Eh, I think in order to have a truly expansive and epic "villain" poster, we need to count the regular old antagonists as well. Using only the "true villains" would mean we'd have Nightmare Moon, Discord, the Windigoes and the Changelings and that would be it. Maybe the Flim-Flam brothers, but you could argue that they were just trying to drum up business, that it wasn't done out of malice.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Eh, I think in order to have a truly expansive and epic "villain" poster, we need to count the regular old antagonists as well. Using only the "true villains" would mean we'd have Nightmare Moon, Discord, the Windigoes and the Changelings and that would be it. Maybe the Flim-Flam brothers, but you could argue that they were just trying to drum up business, that it wasn't done out of malice.
    Yeah true , that wouldn't be much of poster.

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon I can actually understand. They may be fairly harmless on the grand scale of things (certainly compared to the likes of Discord, Nightmare Moon and the Changeling queen), but they're still intentionally cruel to AppleBloom and the CMC. Iron Will, IMO, was merely misjudged by Rarity and Pinkie Pie. They kept calling him a "monster", and though he had a threatening demeanour (part of his act as a self-help guru), he was perfectly fair and reasonable when it came down to it. And it wasn't his fault that Fluttershy carried out his advice to an alarming extreme.

No matter - looking at that poster again, it seems that a number of the featured characters are just generally intimidating things they put on to fill up space. Cerberus and the Manticore seem even more out of place than Iron Will when you consider their roles in their respective episodes.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 26th August 2012 at 04:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Eh, I would say his original advice can be pretty extreme:

"Never apologize when you can criticize"? NEVER apologize? And when you have an opportunity to be critical, you should always take it? That's pretty harsh, man.

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

All I personally interpret that to mean is that you shouldn't feel obliged to apologise for your actions when someone else was at fault. I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with Iron Will there, but I don't believe that his advice automatically translated to "Be a loud, hateful dick in general." Maybe he did put too much emphasis on being aggressively assertive rather than politely standing your ground, but in the end he certainly wasn't the monster that Rarity and Pinkie Pie pegged him for.

Say, what was that post about Apple Bloom speaking in Norwegian?

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

lol I had a mental note to correct this but that was over a week ago and left it hanging.
    I totally meant antagonists yet somehow I still said villains.

Oh gosh so sorry guys, I didn't mean for you to get into a debate over this XD

So to make up for it, I'll post some d'awww.

And interestingly I came across this as a related video, I just totally agree with his logic.
    It reminded me of the discussion we had a few weeks back.

Just love what you love man!
    Last edited by Rayne; 27th August 2012 at 10:30 PM.

-In Simple Harmony-

Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy
    Asked my kid who his fave pony was. He named a character from Season 3. #coolestkid
    Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird. Real me! Real me!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack1973 View Post
    Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy
    Asked my kid who his fave pony was. He named a character from Season 3. #coolestkid
    1. Will they ever stop teasing us like this? They're so kind yet so cruel.

2. "He." As in a young boy. As in a male person not yet in his teens. Guess we found one of our youngest Brony today.

2d0b7yb.jpg
    Applejack: OK, this is just gettin' weird. Real me! Real me!

So is Chrysalis the queen AND mother of the Changelings (the ones featured in "A Canterlot Wedding"). I mean, if the designers were really going for the insect motif.

Blog Entries

So is Chrysalis the queen AND mother of the Changelings (the ones featured in "A Canterlot Wedding"). I mean, if the designers were really going for the insect motif.
    She could rule alone, like Elizabeth I the "Virgin" Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    She could rule alone, like Elizabeth I the "Virgin" Queen.
    Though wouldn't she have to mate with a king changeling. Or is she asexual?