My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Page 105

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite pony?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

40 13.99%
  • Rainbow Dash

77 26.92%
  • Pinkie Pie

45 15.73%
  • Rarity

33 11.54%
  • Applejack

16 5.59%
  • Fluttershy

75 26.22%
Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2172
Like Tree1056Likes

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Yeah, there hasn't been an episode centered on Scootaloo yet. Perhaps where she learns to fly?

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or maybe development of her family life beyond "she goes someplace when she isn't with the CMC".

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Ah yeah, we don't know anything about her family either. Good point. Gosh, the writers could do so much with Scootaloo at this point, I guess. :/

Blog Entries

I'm getting the feeling that Scootaloo's episode just might be something unexpected. Hope it's a good surprise.
    Leggo likes this.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

She is a blank slate. Let's hope the writers manage it well.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Oh boy, you guys:
    Daily Dot | Tara Strong spearheads brony campaign against Jerry Springer

I hope that the brony community listens to Tara and doesn't fall for it, but I doubt it's going to make a difference. Those shows always manage to find someone opportunistic enough.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I have to ask: Why is MLP:FiM considered a meme or a fad that will die out soon?

Blog Entries

That is weird... not that I watch Springer... but still.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    Oh boy, you guys:

I hope that the brony community listens to Tara and doesn't fall for it, but I doubt it's going to make a difference. Those shows always manage to find someone opportunistic enough.
    Jerry Springer's an ass. Case closed.

Blog Entries

Oh boy, you guys:

I think EqD had a post as well saying "Warning: Springer's looking for bronies" or something.

EDIT: Found it!

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I have to ask: Why is MLP:FiM considered a meme or a fad that will die out soon?
    Because some people are sexist assholes who assume that men can't really like a show for girls, so it must be a joke.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I just thought of another episode that would be cool. One where the ponies meet another adult pony that has no cutie mark, but also has no desire to earn one. This pony doesn't want one because it either A: doesn't give a damn about what talent he or she has, or B: is afraid that his or her cutie mark will end up looking lame/stupid/whatever. The main ponies have to convince this pony that earning a cutie mark and performing a special talent is a great thing that helps one find out who they are and such, and that what the cutie mark looks like doesn't matter.

Blog Entries

Because some people are sexist assholes who assume that men can't really like a show for girls, so it must be a joke.
    Hear Hear.

What I like about the fandom the most is the multiple art drawings, good fanfics and terrific music they make.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Oh boy, you guys:

Even if that plea didn't work, I'd say let him have his 15 minutes of fame and let it fly under the radar, he'll make a new flavor of the week his next show anyway and everyone will forget about it. I say bronies best defend themselves by continuing to put a good foot forward, that's more memorable so long as it's a persistent positive image. (A very optimistic hope, yes I realize, but it is one that continues to propel the fandom despite less decent parts).

Mostly, because it started out that way. That is until it evolved a legit fanbase.

I never put an 'end' to anything in my mind, I enjoy things for as long as they're enjoyable to me. I still like Pokemon and that's been going on for over a decade despite people once saying the EXACT same things said about Ponies now to Pokemon fans in the early fandom :P

Seriously, between all the internal fandom fights like shipping wars, product debates, voice debates and external fights like negative media and haters bashing with a 'you're gay/this is a children's only thing' is like early Pokemon all over again. EXACTLY. Yet these days Pokemon fandom enjoys a relative acceptance, even amongst old haters and pretty stable fanbase.

I have high hopes Ponies can turn out that way too, especially with the best dedicated fans. They'll be what keep the integrity and good side of what the fandom stands for, going.

The best advice is just to keep chugging along at your own pace with how you enjoy the show regardless of what other's say. What you do doesn't affect them so eventually they'll just get tired of complaining and move on.

Oh boy, you guys:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Yeah, there hasn't been an episode centered on Scootaloo yet. Perhaps where she learns to fly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pschitt View Post
    Or maybe development of her family life beyond "she goes someplace when she isn't with the CMC".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Ah yeah, we don't know anything about her family either. Good point. Gosh, the writers could do so much with Scootaloo at this point, I guess. :/
    I'm getting the feeling that Scootaloo's episode just might be something unexpected. Hope it's a good surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    She is a blank slate. Let's hope the writers manage it well.
    Did I hear you guys mention Scoots :P

Funny you should mention this since this 'Word of Faust' was released by a bodyguard working close with her during Bronycon.
    The concepts for Scoots are definitely there, Faust planned for about 3 episodes worth related to Scootaloo, they just haven't been used yet. (and keep in mind at the start, everypony gets a ton of episodes planned so that '3' isn't a guarantee but a potential amount since they're all narrowed down during storyboarding)

But that doesn't mean the concepts go away, many of them can still be recycled and used for Season 3!

[art by Lone Wolf Kait]
    Anyhow referencing the vid, Scoots was originally designed as a permanently handicapped pony, unable to truly ever fly. Whether that stays in the show remains to be seen, though that kinda makes her character a bit more tragic, but one with a message of hope that she'll eventually figure out something she can accel at, even if she can't fly.
    Last edited by Rayne; 9th August 2012 at 11:51 PM.

-In Simple Harmony-

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh wow, interesting. :o

I still think we need an episode about a pony who has no desire to get a cutie mark. I mean, it would be a neat twist to the series. It wouldn't be very predictable, as it seems like everypony who has no cutie mark wants to earn theirs. The Cutie Mark Crusaders could also have a hand in an episode like this since their quest is to earn cutie marks. This could also be what they do when that happens: help other blank flanks earn their cutie marks.