In Memoriam: Celebrities - Page 10

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: In Memoriam: Celebrities

Blog Entries

Default Re: In Memoriam: Celebrities

RIP Elizabeth Taylor. As a movie buff, it wouldn't make sense not to voice my condolences. Rest in peace.

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

RIP Geraldine Ferraro, the first woman to be nominated for the Vice Presidency in 1984.

Story here

Default Dianna Wynne Jones dead at 76

British fantasy and science fiction writer Diana Wynne Jones has reportedly died. Jones, author of the wildly popular 1986 fantasy novel Howl's Moving Castle, is said to have passed away on Saturday after a long battle with cancer. Jones' death is a huge loss in the literary world and for millions of fans who have cherished Jones' many books through the decades.

Diana Wynne Jones' fans took to Twitter to spread the news of her death, and to offer kind words about the Dark Lord of Derkholm and Year of the Griffin author.

Among those fans: Neil Gaiman, author of such well-known works as American Gods, Coraline and The Graveyard Book. Gaiman Tweeted about his friend's death early on Saturday, saying, "Rest in Peace, Diana Wynne Jones. You shone like a star. The funniest, wisest, writer and the finest friend" and adding simply, "I miss you."

Diana Wynne Jones was not sitting idle after her 2009 lung cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatments for the disease. According to reports, Jones was still writing and, around the time of her death, was "in the midst of a book, with plans for another." One can only hope that Jones' words find their way to fans in coming years, offering them more spectacular stories to spark the imagination.
    Source.

I was so upset to hear this. DWJ was my favorite author, and I will miss her dearly.

Yesterday it was 17 years since Kurt Cobain passed. RIP.

Blog Entries

Rest in peace many of the gifted rappers across the years: 2pac, Biggie, Big L, Guru, and especially BIG PUN who is from my neighborhood here in Soundview, South Bronx NY
    "DJ Stackz" - Blazin Nightclubs and fillin' up dancefloors since 08!
    HERE WE GOOOOO!

Join the BMGF Hip-Hop/Rap Group :http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/groups/rap-hip-hop/

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

RIP Trevor Bannister, a British comedy actor.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

Default Doctor Who/Sarah Jane Adventures actress Elisabeth Sladen has died aged 63

Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen has died of cancer at the age of 63, the BBC has confirmed.

She joined the programme in 1973 and became one of the most popular companions in her role as Sarah Jane Smith. In 2007 she was given her own spin-off series, the Sarah Jane Adventures, which introduced her to a new generation of fans.

Tributes have been pouring in for the Liverpool-born actress, known to her friends and family as Lis.

Russell T Davies, creator of The Sarah Jane Adventures, which won this year's RTS Award for best children's drama, said all those involved in the series had been left "reeling" at news of her death.

He said: "I absolutely loved Lis. She was funny and cheeky and clever and just simply wonderful.

"The universe was lucky to have Sarah Jane Smith; the world was lucky to have Lis."

Sladen starred in Doctor Who alongside Jon Pertwee, the third doctor, and his successor Tom Baker.

She then returned to the series on a number of occasions over the years before her own CBBC show was created, in which she starred as an investigative journalist trying to defend Earth from extraterrestrial threats.

It had not been widely known that she had been suffering from ill health. She leaves behind her husband, the actor Brian Miller, and daughter Sadie.

Doctor Who lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat said she was a "ferociously talented actress".
    I was really shocked when I heard about her death. I had no idea she was ill, she looked really fab, and healthy. My thoughts are with her family, I hope they are coping.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Oh my god, Elisabeth Sladen has died. Along with Nicholas Courtney, they were two of Doctor Who's greatest actors. RIP.

EDIT: A full list of passed Doctor Who regulars: RIP William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Jacqueline Hill, Michael Craze, Nicholas Courtney, Elisabeth Sladen, Ian Marter.
    Last edited by Pidgeot; 22nd April 2011 at 02:30 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

RIP John Sullivan.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Punk singer Poly Styrene, former singer with the X-Ray Spex, has died at the age of 53 after suffering from cancer.

She was one of the first female punk icons, whose unorthodox yet infectious style was highly influential.

Real name Marianne Elliot-Said, she had cancer of the spine and breast.

A statement on her official Twitter feed said: "We can confirm that the beautiful Poly Styrene, who has been a true fighter, won her battle on Monday evening to go to higher places."
    Source

追放されたバカ

I miss Michael Jackson and he was coming up with new music and songs before he died.

So R.I.P. Michael Jackson. I also saw on Yahoo that people don't remember correctly his deathdate. He died on June 23, 2009, not June 25, 2009.

Blog Entries

Um, not to correct you, but MJ did die on June 25 2009. I remember the day...

Dad-"So you're a black belt now?"

Me-"Yeah"

Radio-"And then, Barack Ob- OH MY GOD. We just got breaking news."

Me-"What?"

Radio-"At 3:36 PM, today, Thursday, June 25, 2009, MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD."

Dad-"I feel sick".

So did I.

R.I.P. MJ.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

追放されたバカ

Then, how come we were already confirming his death on June 23, 2009? It was on the NEWS and everyone was like R.I.P. Michael Jackson. My friends who have been on the SPP chat even told me about his death on June 23, well I'm going to have to read what it says on the internet for more.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

RIP Elisebeth Sladen

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Blog Entries

RIP "Macho Man" Randy Savage, one of the biggest stars ever in the WWF/WWE and WCW.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast