Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ghetsis-Dennis
  • 1 Post By Gemini Spark

Thread: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

  1. #1
    Lying GrnMarvl14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,040
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Not entirely certain why Marvel's going in these directions, but it's definitely a strange list:

    Black Panther. The only one that's not a deep dig. Black Panther's been a big rumor for quite a while, so it's only a surprise to see it maybe, possibly, actually getting made and released. Maybe we can even get it out in time for him to be in Avengers 2.

    Guardians of the Galaxy. All but confirmed, it's set to be announced at San Diego Comic-Con next month. Been rumored since last year, and with their recent return in a storyline featuring the big mystery villain from the Avengers film...it's a safe bet they're on the way (now to wonder who's going to be on the team).

    Big Hero 6. The first Disney-animated Marvel film. Love the team, but no idea why they've picked them. And the big question is whether Silver Samurai and Sunfire will be in it, since both are X-Men properties, which Fox currently has the rights to (plus Silver Samurai's rumored to be the Wolverine 2 villain).

    Human Fly. Not the Spider-Man villain (for the...two people who know who THAT even is). This is the far more obscure hero based on a real person who briefly had his own series in the 70s (or was it 80s?). Looks to be a low-budget indie film.

    There's also Ant-Man. Still being slowly developed, but coming along nonetheless. I mean, hey, there's a script now. And some test footage. That's something. Still trying to figure out Human Fly, though...

  2. #2
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Wasn't there suppose to be a Dr. Strange and Deadpool movie in the works?
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

  3. #3
    Lying GrnMarvl14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    14,040
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Yeah. Ryan Reynolds is pushing for a Rated-R Deadpool, but that's the only progress I've heard.

    Dr. Strange was announced, but that's where it's been at. I assume they're writing the script and working on casting, though.

  4. #4
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Wasn't there going to be an Iron Man 3? I've seen people say they're looking forward to it. Maybe there's actually no announcement. I really want this movie, Iron Man is the best and Robert Downey Jr. did him perfectly. :D

  5. #5
    Light and Dark Gemini Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Utah, the Tetris Block State
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl14 View Post
    Yeah. Ryan Reynolds is pushing for a Rated-R Deadpool, but that's the only progress I've heard.
    Aw, I'd watch a Deadpool movie if it wasn't R-Rated. It doesn't need that sort of junk to be a funny movie.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

  6. #6
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Wasn't there going to be an Iron Man 3? I've seen people say they're looking forward to it. Maybe there's actually no announcement. I really want this movie, Iron Man is the best and Robert Downey Jr. did him perfectly. :D
    Yes, Iron Man 3 is confirmed for next year if I remember correctly, filming is already going on, and I heard from somewhere the Mandarin will be the villain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl14 View Post
    Yeah. Ryan Reynolds is pushing for a Rated-R Deadpool, but that's the only progress I've heard.
    Aw, I'd watch a Deadpool movie if it wasn't R-Rated. It doesn't need that sort of junk to be a funny movie.
    While I am at the age where I can watch R-Rated movies alone, I think it would be better off as a PG-13 movie, as it doesn't need the "Seth MacFarlane" kind of humor put into it, if you're trying to make it super-violent (like Watchmen violent), I'm fine with that, but Deadpool is too intelligent of a concept in my opinion to be doing humor that low
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  7. #7
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Yes, Iron Man 3 is confirmed for next year if I remember correctly, filming is already going on, and I heard from somewhere the Mandarin will be the villain.
    Ah, I see! Thanks for letting me know. I can't wait. :D

    Though, I'm probably going to skip seeing it in theaters and wait until I can rent or buy it. My ears are sensitive and the first two Iron Man movies were pretty loud in the movie theater. xP

  8. #8
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,567
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Marvel digs deep for next slate of movies

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl14 View Post
    Human Fly. Not the Spider-Man villain (for the...two people who know who THAT even is). This is the far more obscure hero based on a real person who briefly had his own series in the 70s (or was it 80s?). Looks to be a low-budget indie film.
    This film has to include The Cramps' song Human Fly, even if they have to blow their budget getting the song, it'll be worth it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •