Mad Men Discussion - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mad Men Discussion

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Default Re: Mad Men Discussion (Season Six Begins 4/7!)

Quote Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
    I have three words about Sunday's episode:

What. the. FUCK
    Don has a weird family
    I thought that bit was great, so random but great

Pluuussss we got drug don

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I'm confused though, wasn't Don growing up away from the prostitutes as a kid? I know his mother was one, but he grew up being raised by his father and stepmother on this cold farm in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, what did you think of this most recent episode? Here are my thoughts. A lot of progress on the relationship front! It's like they knew last week was a "week off" and decided this week would have to make up for it in spades.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

I share some similar thoughts with you, ESP with the Peggy/Abe relationship ending (that was hilarious, or well the events leading up to it) and bob/Joan . That's definitely a thing Faye, definitely a thing. Bob is way too nice/appeasing to not have something be up with him and I trust cosgrove's instincts about the guy

Roger losing out on time with his grandson was sad, even if I expected him to mess that up.

I think if don finds out about Ted and his feelings for Peggy it'll be a shit hits the fan moment

I didn't really like the scene with Megan and her costar, thought that was unnecessary you know? And Peggy/don aren't getting back together, I hope not because that's played out

He was raised in that farmhouse with his father/stepmom and the tenants were prostitutes iirc
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.

Blog Entries

@Typhlosionisafirebadger; So besides what you thought of last episode, what do you think of all these weird conspiracy theories about "Megan is gonna get murdered!" or "Bob Benson is a spy/murderer/gay/The Lizard King"?

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

@Typhlosionisafirebadger; So besides what you thought of last episode, what do you think of all these weird conspiracy theories about "Megan is gonna get murdered!" or "Bob Benson is a spy/murderer/gay/The Lizard King"?
    I am loving how suspicious everyone is of bob

I think he's just an opportunist or something, and he might just be a really decent guy who is being unjustly persecuted

Megan isn't dying I think

Emotionally she might, she seems ready to snap

But so do roger and don

What you think of bob "I'm that dude" benson?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    What you think of bob "I'm that dude" benson?
    The only theory I think has any merit is the idea of him being gay, which I'm divided about; on one hand, I'd like to have another gay major character on Mad Men (I still really, really miss Sal), on the other hand, I like him with Joan and would like to see her happy. Overall, though, I think it's all red herrings and it just says so much about this show that seemingly actually nice guy shows up and we're all suspicious of him, haha.

I don't think Megan is going to die, either. People are making too big of a deal out of a shirt. In terms of end-of-season shockers, I have my money on something involving Pete, probably him leaving the firm or even the advertising business altogether.

Lol bob is great, just because he prob is a normal dude and we're being trolled

I think if something does happen with Pete I might be him getting fired/replaced by Bob? Eh? That'd be something else right?

Blog Entries

Well I think we got our big Bob Benson reveal tonight...

Well I think we got our big Bob Benson reveal tonight...
    That was not what I expected

Like at all

But this shows that him and don are a lot alike, and Pete has dealt with both of them! Though his interactions with each show how he's changed as well

I mean he's still a prick but he'd never work with Bob if this was season one Pete

And Don, he fun goofed up

That whole Sally Sylvia thing, and how he went to Sylvia instead of Sally, his own daughter?

Smh draper

Omg

I really liked the finale

That Hershey's scene was great, and the moment with Sally?

This last season, don draper comes undone

Blog Entries

@Typhlosionisafirebadger; Yeah, these last episodes have been crazy. Really tied up the season.

I think that Hershey's scene is going to be Jon Hamm's Emmy moment.

What else did you think about the last two episodes of this season?

@Faye Valentine;

Pete's meltdown and the Manolo plot line (SO SILLY) but I think the last few scenes where Don is in th car with his kids and he shares a look with Sally? I really enjoyed that and it got me hype for the future

That and I have this weird feeling Pete and Peggy might fall back into step with each other? Do you feel that way?

Blog Entries

That and I have this weird feeling Pete and Peggy might fall back into step with each other? Do you feel that way?
    I don't know, I think with Pete and Peggy they've established a good pattern of teasing the lingering shippers once a season and then not going anywhere with that. I think Peggy deserves better than Pete, and now that he's in CA I think we'll likely see him shack up with somebody new.

But yeah, the Bob Benson and Manolo stuff has been strange, strange, strange. I still hope they do more with Bob next season though, because he has some interesting potential and they kind of left that hanging. I hope James Wolk being on another show next season won't keep him too much from Mad Men, just like Alison Brie's being on Community hasn't kept her from the show either.

And all the Don stuff was brilliant. It's interesting that in a way, he's finally really growing as a character, by wanting to be more honest. After six seasons of going forward a little and then backpedaling, we might see some more lasting, fundamental changes in who he is going into Season 7.

I think his relationship with Sally abd the whole failure to comfort her was the impetus behind this change. She's been the one female relationship that he's cherished the most, weif as that sounds

The bob stuff was weird, but a fun parallel . Don Draper 2.0 since the best ad men have shady pasts it seem. Plus James wolk played a dude with secrets not once but twice now

Blog Entries

I think his relationship with Sally abd the whole failure to comfort her was the impetus behind this change. She's been the one female relationship that he's cherished the most, weif as that sounds
    I think he's cherished his relationship with Peggy at certain points; he just has a tendency to forget that sometimes.

And with Anna Draper, but she's dead now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast