Mad Men Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mad Men Discussion

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Re: Mad Men Discussion (Season Six Begins 4/7!)

@Typhlosionisafirebadger; So what were your impressions of the premiere?

I enjoyed it, though I already detailed all my feels on Tumblr. But as Todd VanDerWerff noted in his A.V. Club review, there were a lot of little callbacks to earlier seasons. The vet in the bar calling Don "Lieutenant," the Roger/Mona subtext, Betty caring more about somebody else's kid than her own, and so on...It seems like a lot of this season will be in reference to earlier seasons.

Also I need to know opinions on this matter.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

@Faye Valentine;

Omg I thought I was the only person who found that beginning to be crazy! Don would prob be guiding dante through each level I think. Pretty surreal moment though and yea, the callbacks were some of my fav parts

Then there was the funeral with roger acting a fool. It was definitely an entertaining premiere. "Roger sterling no matter what you do everybody loves you"=so true

I also liked seeing James Wolk as a new character on the show, and I wonder what he'll bring to the series, as he's a good actor IMO. More and more often it seems to me like don is gonna end up dead or like, leave his job?

Is it wrong I laughed at the death ad?

Pete's wife FINALLY gonna leave him?

If you so much as open your fly to urinate ill destroy you omg that was great

Dyou think don is going to get busted?
    Last edited by Typhlosionisafirebadger; 16th April 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    Pete's wife FINALLY gonna leave him?

If you so much as open your fly to urinate ill destroy you omg that was great
    This is what I was coming to this thread to discuss.

I was just like HOLY SHIT last night when that happened. But in a very good way.

FOUR FOR YOU TRUDY CAMPBELL YOU GO TRUDY CAMPBELL

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

She laid the smack down on Pete, and he's clashing with Don again

My fav characters are still ken cosgrove and roger sterling. You think Don will get busted for banging Velma/the doctor's wife?

James Wolk's character seems interesting to me but only bc I don't trust him

Blog Entries

Holy crap, what an episode.

It seems to be pretty polarizing around the Internet; everyone either loved or hated it.

I'm leaning on the side of loving it. My Tumblr friend and I have a theory that, per the producers making it clear the Inferno reference in the premiere was intentional, that Don is going through Hell, I wonder if there's some sort of reference intended to the different levels in each episode. Last week seemed pretty focused on lust, so what would this week be? There seemed to be a theme of selfishness this week, of people protecting their own rather than caring about the larger picture (like Harry only caring how the MLK assassination affected TV ads, Peggy and her apartment, Don thinking about his mistress in D.C. first and foremost, to the point of forgetting to pick up his kids, Pete unsuccessfully using the events to try to mend his marriage). So maybe greed?

Blog Entries

Update! So last night I got caught up on the Mad Men I've missed due to my TV issues - this week's and last week's. And holy shit! Both phenomenal episodes.

I recapped last week's episode here and this week's episode here. What do the rest of you (okay, mainly @Typhlosionisafirebadger; because I dunno if anyone else reads this thread) think about this stuff?

Also apparently Bob Benson and wtf his deal is has become a meme, and this link has been going around tumblr and it's hilarious.

At first I didn't really get the feeling that don is going through he'll this season, but rather that times are changing and he can't change with them or is having trouble with these new parts of his life. However after last episode, I've come around to that theory

Lol bob benson yes wtf is his deal? Cosgrove doesn't like him so naturally im suspicious you know? Though I find it weird hes like Pete's homey now. I think he'll be exposed soon as something. James wolk is too good an actor to not have him placed in something

Blog Entries

At first I didn't really get the feeling that don is going through he'll this season, but rather that times are changing and he can't change with them or is having trouble with these new parts of his life. However after last episode, I've come around to that theory
    Well I think the show creators, like Matthew Weiner or someone, said there was supposed to be a "Don's going through hell" theme and that's what they tried to foreshadow by showing him reading Dante's Inferno in the season opener and quoting from it.

The fans on tumblr, naturally, have run with this.

Lol bob benson yes wtf is his deal?
    I dunno but the conspiracy theories are getting hilarious.

Honestly, I think they just put him in the show to have a fling with Joan. Because she needs some lovin' these days.

So do you think Don and Sylvia are done for good?

Well uh if don is going through he'll I don't think him and Sylvia are done. Knowing this show there HAS to be a fallout you know? Plus it'll be interesting to see a guy so in control of his life lose it all

Bob is the luckiest newbie in the office, even if Joan uses and abuses him. I still have this nagging feeling something else is going on with him though @Faye Valentine;

Blog Entries

Plus it'll be interesting to see a guy so in control of his life lose it all
    He's lost it all several times already on this show.

It's really just a matter of how he will lose it all this time.

Point taken but he's never really seemed shaken for long you know? Like at the end is he gonna be the dude in the opening credits falling?

Blog Entries

I don't know, he seemed pretty shaken in Season 2, when he was in California?

Like he was basically Achilles in his Tent for several episodes there. He was almost ready to completely leave his life behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Faye Valentine View Post
    I don't know, he seemed pretty shaken in Season 2, when he was in California?

Like he was basically Achilles in his Tent for several episodes there. He was almost ready to completely leave his life behind.
    It didn't seem as bad as this to me

Like he was just confused IMO, while this thing with Sylvia is making me think that yeah, he's slowly losing it and baaaaaaad. He's catching feelings at the WRONG time. I mean the drugs may have added to the hysteria but it's stil worse than the California trip. He came out stronger/ more solid as a man from it kinda but this he seems to be breaking down with no end in sight. I loved this episode, ESP for the secret origin of Don's roaming dong. "Grandma Ida" was great too, I forget Sally isn't as clever as she thinks sometimes

Cosgrove is getting put through the ringer like what are they doing to my boy.

Blog Entries

I have three words about Sunday's episode:

What. the. FUCK

Blog Entries

Another update time:

So I didn't get to see tonight's episode, have to wait for it to go online (AGAIN), but if Tumblr was anything to go by it looks like there was a lot of progress on the shipping front. Which should make for some...interesting...online discussions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast