Let's take a walk down memory lane...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's take a walk down memory lane...

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Red face Let's take a walk down memory lane...

Nostalgia. We all love the excitement it can bring sometimes, but what triggers that fuzzy warm feeling for you? What do you still have the rose-tinted glasses on for, if anything?

Personally, I get that old familiarity from a lot of cartoons (like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Rugrats), older RPGs (like Star Ocean: The Second Story and The Legend of Dragoon) and the music of Sam Cooke, Michael Jackson, Nirvana, ABBA and Fleetwood Mac as they featured heavily (and loudly) in childhood Saturday nights in my house.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits

~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc.~

ⓕⓐⓑ Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's take a walk down memory lane...

Playing my old games, Like Crash Bandicoot, GTA, Toy Story 2. 90s cartoons also make me reminisce about my childhood.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Some old NOW CDs trigger my nostalgia moments of my previous visits to some areas at California I haven't gone to in a long time since my younger years.

A magnetic personality Analytic Magnezone's Avatar
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

My copy of Silver Version, Animaniacs, Eek the Cat, Histeria and Eiffel 65's Blue make me feel nostalgic.

Banner by Blue Dragon | Crystal Onix | Shiny Metagross | Iron Defense | Black 2 FC: 2967 7719 9235

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Movies are probably the biggest trigger for me. Toy Story, The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Toy Story 2, Spider-Man, Toy Story 3, the works.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    Nostalgia. We all love the excitement it can bring sometimes, but what triggers that fuzzy warm feeling for you? What do you still have the rose-tinted glasses on for, if anything?

Personally, I get that old familiarity from a lot of cartoons (like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Rugrats), older RPGs (like Star Ocean: The Second Story and The Legend of Dragoon) and the music of Sam Cooke, Michael Jackson, Nirvana, ABBA and Fleetwood Mac as they featured heavily (and loudly) in childhood Saturday nights in my house.
    Ohmigod, I love ABBA. Okay, off-topic portion of this post is over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Gear View Post
    My copy of Silver Version, Animaniacs, Eek the Cat, Histeria and Eiffel 65's Blue make me feel nostalgic.
    That covers a lot of my nostalgia right there. Most older Disney movies have the same effect, as well as the music of Trout Fishing in America and many, many other things that don't pop into my head right away.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

I have a kinda strange one. Whenever I enter one of the Tech classes in my school, a smell fills my body with the weirdest sense of nostalgia. It takes me back to when I was still tiny, at my Grandpa's caravan. A certain memory of me playing with my two elder cousins in the pool always squeezes in whenever that smell occurs, too. Watching Beyblade (original) and playing Dragon Quest X111 also trigger some though.
    i post art here / fursona
    ❄️ steam / last.fm / storenvy ❄️

Looks can be deceiving. Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

There's too many things for me to list. >3< But some of the top few things that fill me with joy from long ago are:

-Courage the Cowardly Dog
    -The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    -Power Rangers
    -Big Bad Beetleborgs
    -ALL of the Disney movies
    -Hamtaro
    -Monster Rancher
    -Spice Girls
    -About 50 other old cartoons I can't remember atm.

And I think that's it. xD

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Almost all RSE music does this for me. Also, Teen Titans in general (my sister and I were obsessed as kids, and still love the show. We'd sometimes play teen Titans together, and I would insist on Kid Flash being on the team because I love Wally West).

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's music that triggers it for me the most. You know, the stuff that was played on the radio and at big events around certain times you associate them with. (especially songs from the late 90s- mid-00s... Late elementary through high school/ early college for me)

Also, SNES games and 1990s TV shows (especially from Nickelodeon) bring back major memories.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not entirely sure what triggers it. It may be a location (or just thinking about it), thinking about the people of my past, games like Legend of Zelda, or maybe the obvious picture. Either way, I do and don't like going to that nostalgic place.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, nostalgia triggers. I have quite a few:

-the original Transformers theme song from 1984. So many memories of watching Bumblebee...
    -Starbucks Frappuccino. My friend DA will buy some for me and my hubby when we're on vacation so when I have one, I think of BotCons past.
    -Ranma 1/2. This was huge with me and my friends in the 90s. Hearing the themes just gets me so nostalgic that sometimes I want to cry.
    -the English opening to Sailor Moon. Yeah, that was a huge part of my early adulthood. A lot of memories attached to that.
    -music. If it played back in the 80s and I remember it, it makes me pause and remember.

There's a lot more, but I'll keep it at that. This is already making me feeling a bit wistful, if you will.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

I have quite a few things that trigger my nostalgia:

• Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
    • Backstreet Boys & *NSYNC
    • Spice Girls
    • S Club 7
    • Crash Bandicoot 2
    • Pokemon & Sailor Moon
    • Nickelodeon (The Amanda Show, Angry Beavers, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold!, Power Rangers)
    • Disney (Lizzie McGuire, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, The Lion King 2, Toy Story 2, Mulan)

I'll stop now.
    Last edited by Lavender; 8th November 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Blog Entries

I didn't have any video games until I was 9 since my family couldn't afford them, so unfortunately I don't have nostalgic games. But I do have nostalgic TV shows, such as Hey Arnold, As Told By Ginger, SpongeBob (before it got flanderised), Rugrats (its quality declined towards the end of its run, but the spinoff All Grown Up made up for it), Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory (seasons 1 and 2 only. The inferior animation in the latter two was so awful it made me hate seasons 3 and 4), Hamtaro, and Arthur (on PBS. I still watch it because it's actually funny despite the target audience being little kids). As for live-action, I liked The Amanda Show and All That.

Be careful with nostalgia, though. Some things I used to watch I now look back on and wonder why. I don't mean little kid shows like Dora. Two shows I look back on unfondly are ChalkZone (because the format reminds me too much of an 80s cartoon) and Danny Phantom (the writing isn't that funny, and I hated most of the characters - particularly Paulina).

I even used to watch some of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons - especially Scooby-Doo. I admit I used to have a crush on Daphne .

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Ah, Hey Arnold!, as Told By Ginger, SpongeBob SquarePants, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Hamtaro and Arthur! And The Amanda Show! Gosh, you basically just described my childhood with all of those things and Scooby-Doo. And Kenan & Kel. I'm starting to feel strangely old, so much of what you guys are saying takes me back.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits

~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc.~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast