The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 36

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Morningsun View Post
    What episode of ATLB is that Zuko picture from?
    Zuko Alone. Given Byke's bitchin' world-building, I'd say the connection was intentional.

Blog Entries

I hope we get more of the 1st Avatars story ever since the series began I always wondered how the Avatar came into being this great being.

Best Wishes to BW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    I face plamed at Asami kissing Mako. The romance in this series causes way to much problem and honestly I'd prefer they all ended up alone then see another chapter in the Korra, Mako and Asami love triangle story.
    MEGA SPUD. Yeah, I thought the romance in ATLA was great as it wasn't constantly changing and thrust upon us, whereas this is convoluted as hell and too much screen time is dedicated towards it.

@SimH5

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I face plamed at Asami kissing Mako. The romance in this series causes way to much problem and honestly I'd prefer they all ended up alone then see another chapter in the Korra, Mako and Asami love triangle story.

The Legend of Korra

To those who don't like Korra so far: I'm afraid, I (among others) must humbly disagree.

Hopefully, you'll understand why ...
    Last edited by Morningsun; 26th October 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post
    MEGA SPUD. Yeah, I thought the romance in ATLA was great as it wasn't constantly changing and thrust upon us, whereas this is convoluted as hell and too much screen time is dedicated towards it.
    I'd agree with you if said "love triangle" was actually brought back. THIS JUST IN: it wasn't. See post above mine for more.

Blog Entries

The fact Mako already left Asami back when her life started getting rough just proved to me that they shouldn't be together. I just want them to avoid getting back to that because I feel that everyone individually is already going through enough and adding more "love" drama will just cause more trouble then it will be worth in the end.
    Leggo likes this.

Best Wishes to BW!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Don't mind me. Just enjoying the show on Tumblr:

*sighs* But in all honesty, I hardly believe this notion that they'd bring back the love triangle (or at the very least to the forefront) since they've been there and done that in Book 1.

As for Unalaq, I still believe he'll be like Jet (or a lot of Pokemon antagonists), a Well-Intentioned Extremist who believes he's doing the right thing.

Anywho, I'm gonna lay low for the month until Book two's done and the fandom's done fuming. See you in December!
    Last edited by Dolce; 2nd November 2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Leggo likes this.

I was surprised that Korra found Tenzin's group so fast, but glad that they were at the Eastern Air Temple. I thought the Tenzin subplot about him struggling to get into the Spirit World was actually really enjoyable; it was refreshing to see him struggle against something for once. I don't really care for Jinora or her sudden ability to interact with spirits but I guess it's helpful. And I was surprised that Unalaq was already in league with Vaatu; I assumed he was just working for himself and that he wouldn't meet Vaatu until the harmonic convergence thing. The stuff that happened in Republic City was boring and predictable though. I'm not really a fan of Mako x Asami at the moment.
    Leggo likes this.

Blog Entries

Is Varrick implying he'll do something to Boiln and Asami if Mako doesn't join? And I guess Republic City's police don't need a warrant to search through someone's place.

Hopefully Desna doesn't rebel against his father because of the latter's selfishness. I'm expecting it to happen though.

There's 5 episodes left i think. What I'm most excited for are:

Wan Shi Tong
    Uanalaq and Korra's fight
    and Varrick storyline climax
    Leggo likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IS1296 View Post
    Is Varrick implying he'll do something to Boiln and Asami if Mako doesn't join? And I guess Republic City's police don't need a warrant to search through someone's place.
    Or it's before that becomes law in the Avatar world.

Personally, I would've made it so that Mako and Asami ALMOST kissed but the cops interrupt him.
    Last edited by matt0044; 2nd November 2013 at 07:03 AM.

Really, really hoping that the love triangle isn't coming back. By far the low point of Season One for me, although at this point they kissed and it's a Nickelodeon show, so they're basically married again. :>

Episode nine was pretty average for me. The beginning was silly--"oh, Tenzin's magical travel itinerary let me catch up with you and also get off of the mysterious Avatar island that I think is in the fire nation, good thing that took us weeks on Appa and I could only waterbend-surf my way around the ocean." Also, might've bee my dub or something, but the bit where Korra was like "the whole story? Well talk talk talk really fast" didn't synch up with her lips at all, lol, but small detail.

My main issue was that the dialogue, especially Tenzin's, felt ridiculously wooden during this episode. They didn't seem to have their charm or charisma as characters as they normally do, and it felt a bit flat to me.

But Desna and Eska, man. I kind of hated them at first, but they're starting to grow on me. ^^

Blog Entries

Eh, I'd say (given the episode count and the summaries release) that any "love" will be on the back-burner (as in WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY back). Or at the very least will be restricted to one episode.

Though there's a theory that there's a difference motive to that kiss like, say, trying to get Varrick out into the open. Though unlike, it's interesting...
    Last edited by matt0044; 4th November 2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Elysia and Leggo like this.

Can this theory also apply to Lin's devolution from token badass in season one to complete moron in season two?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Can this theory also apply to Lin's devolution from token badass in season one to complete moron in season two?
    No but there's this if you'd like. There's more in a post above.
    Last edited by matt0044; 5th November 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast