The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 3

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Because a bender can only control one main element unless the bender is the Avatar.

I think it's something you're born with. Their parents must have been an Earthbender and a Firebender respectively which is where they got their bending abilities from. And like I said before, you can't learn to bend another main element unless you are the Avatar. You can, however, learn to bend a special subset of techniques within your own element. For example, Earthbenders can bend Metal because metal is simply earth that has been purified. Or Firebenders can redirect lighting by separating the yin-yang energy in it or how Waterbenders can bend blood because blood is only another type of liquid.
    Actually in an interview it's described as being more of an talents then anything genetic, there is a small amount of geneticness involved but it's mostly upbringing and talent it seems. Its culture and upbringing that brings out the bending talents for people. I guess if Zuko was raised in the Earth Kingdom he would have been a Earth bender.

RM: Okay, next I know I'm going really left brained and you can call me a geek because I am, but in "The Fortuneteller" you have a pair of twins...kids...one is an earthbender and one isn't. So is bending genetic, or is it some sort of spiritual thing? How does it work?

BK: Mike and I just got new puppies. They're brothers. They have the same mother and father. Same litter. Mike's dog can just sit in a crate and be happy as a clam. My dog just loses all control...everything. Who knows why these things happen? They're beyond our full understanding.

MDD: Yeah, Katara's mom and dad weren't benders. Maybe it's a recessive gene. I've always seen it as more spiritual connections, though. A little bit mysterious...

BK: I mean we've definitely talked about it. I think, again, sometimes we might not know...it's more of what we don't want it to be. We didn't want it to be like there is a lineage...a royal family or something...and these people can bend and then there's everyone else as non-bending, people who never will. Some sort of caste system. Mike and I are more attracted to more of the flux type universe. The only constant is change, variation, that sorta thing. I'm sure it's a bunch of factors.

***Interviewers note: About 20 mins after the interview, Bryan came back to me and we spoke a little more about the basis of bending off recorder. He described bending as more of a talent. You have some genetic basis for potential, but you could go your whole life without developing the talent into ability. Some people have more inherent talent than others, while others with minimal inherent talent can still develop it through hard work and practice. He reiterated a connection to the spiritual energies is the underlying basis. How it manifests is based on upbringing and experience.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 25th March 2012 at 06:53 AM.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Does anyone know if the third episode has been leaked yet?
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Nope.

I absolutely loved the second episode. When I saw the probending battles in the previews, I thought it would be just boring battling. But I was so wrong! The probending was the coolest stuff ever and kept me interested all the time. I also loved the training with the old gates and how it worked out for Korra in the end. Also loved Bolin and Mako, they're so likable. <3 I think the ending implied that there will be big development for Mako.

The animation and background music is so flawless, I'm in awe every time I watch Korra.

y team

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    The animation and background music is so flawless, I'm in awe every time I watch Korra.
    I still prefer the music of the old series. And of course, nothing beats Uncle Iroh singing Little Soldier Boy.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Blog Entries

Oh god, I am cringing with hype.
    Continent Turtle likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

This new series is awesome, I saw the leakes and they inpired me to watch the first series again. Also, Korra is amazing!

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I wasn't convinced to watch it but I'm pretty psyched for this series after watching the first episode and now I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    Does anyone know if the third episode has been leaked yet?
    I don't think it will be leaked it may have been just the first two episodes. We're probably gonna have to wait till after the first two episodes to show on TV to see it.

Blog Entries

Having re-watched the first two episodes of Korra, I'm amazed on how incredible the voice acting of this series is. The dialogue sound much more natural than the first series and the actors seem like they're trying to much each scene as believable-sounding as possible.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Her Polar Bear Dog Naga, mannnnnnnnn I think I'll like Naga more then Appa :p He's cute, and he's a DOG and I likes Doggies
    Naga's a girl, you know. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    I still prefer the music of the old series. And of course, nothing beats Uncle Iroh singing Little Soldier Boy.
    I don't know, some of the music is pretty good (especially "The Rally"). Though what seems to be the main theme has a lot more oriental feel to it.

But yes, nothing beats Iroh's song.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaçant View Post
    I love how 1920's it is with radio and photography (during Korra's press conference) and the music style.
    I know. As a fan of Lackadaisy, I really love that 1920's vibe. I was surprised to see cars in Republic City, but I suppose it's only natural, with the developments from the Fire Nation in the war.

I mean the Metal Benders and Earth Benders can multibend.
    Er, no... As Tsutarja's explained, it's not so much multi-bending as it is just sheer innovation.

Actually in an interview it's described as being more of an talents then anything genetic, there is a small amount of geneticness involved but it's mostly upbringing and talent it seems. Its culture and upbringing that brings out the bending talents for people. I guess if Zuko was raised in the Earth Kingdom he would have been a Earth bender.
    They've established the canon that only the Avatar is capable of learning to use all four elements. Yes, given the origin stories of the bending styles, it would seem that a person would be able to learn more than just one element. However, take note of the very interview you've provided; it says that being able to bend, while a genetic trait, is also a spiritual trait as well. A person's spiritual constitution dictates what element they could learn. Perhaps the avatar is the only one with a compatible spiritual construct to learn all four elements, and everyone else's would only allow them to learn just one on a spiritual side. It's usually hard for the avatar to learn the opposite element to the group they're born in, possibly because of such a contrast. For normal people, their spiritual energies could be so ingrained into their very beings that they cannot "stray" from it. Perhaps for this very reason (given the cultural cooking pot Republic City is supposed to be) Mako and Bolin are different benders. Mako simply could have inherited the spiritual energy from another Fire Bender/being exposed to "Fire Nation" culture and the same for Bolin and Earthbenders. Their parents could be benders, or simply from two differing cultures.

-----

From what I've seen, I really like how non-benders are portrayed as being victimized and lower-class people. I think this Avatar's journey is going to be interesting, having to deal with her bias and whatnot. Especially since she's not the best-suited for the job, lacking spiritual maturity.
    Last edited by Mitsuru; 31st March 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Feng likes this.

Blog Entries

Watched the original series again thanks to Korra. Now I'm in ultimate-hype mode.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdramon View Post
    ***Interviewers note: About 20 mins after the interview, Bryan came back to me and we spoke a little more about the basis of bending off recorder. He described bending as more of a talent. You have some genetic basis for potential, but you could go your whole life without developing the talent into ability. Some people have more inherent talent than others, while others with minimal inherent talent can still develop it through hard work and practice. He reiterated a connection to the spiritual energies is the underlying basis. How it manifests is based on upbringing and experience.
    Er, this has kind of been obvious to me since the first time I watched Avatar. I mean, two major characters are proof: Sokka and Suki. Sokka has no desire to waterbend, so he chooses not to learn. Suki is the same with earthbending. Interesting how they end up together too, huh? I thought they were cute. SokkaxSuki ftw. Too bad my other preferred pairing got shot down... JetxKatara. Why is this pairing impossible, other than the fact that Katara was paired with Aang instead? Simple.

Anyway, I thought The Last Airbender was pretty okay (Sokka is hilarious and Zuko is plain cool), but I'm not enough of a fan to be interested in watching the new series. It's not going to be very long anyway. I heard it's only going to last around 14 episodes. Sad.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mitsuru On Twitter
    Follow Mitsuru on Tumblr Visit Mitsuru's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Sokka has no desire to waterbend, so he chooses not to learn.
    I'm not so sure that's the reason, though. He goes through some angst in Book 3 about not being a bender.

but I'm not enough of a fan to be interested in watching the new series. It's not going to be very long anyway. I heard it's only going to last around 14 episodes. Sad.
    You know that's only for the first season, right? Pretty sure they added "Book 1: Air" in the intro in case Nickelodeon commissions a second one, which I'm sure they will.

New series definitely has potential. If you haven't seen it yet, let me say don't go into it expecting it to be as good as the original right away. That's unrealistic, yet people do it all the time. Its two episodes in. I like what they're doing by moving everything so far into the future, yet I miss the more rustic designs of the original. The music also isn' nearly as good as the original. I like the lives they've set up for the main cast here in the future, Aang having such a large family (It'll be interesting to see what his other children are like), metalbending now being common (Which I actually think makes sense, but it annoys me at the same time), Republic City, etc. Korra...I find her annoying at times to be honest. I think its gonna be an episode by episode thing. Her lack of patience really irks me, but her bending talent is amazing.

I find Mako and Bolin to be...on the nose I guess. I mean, its clear from the end of the second episode who Korra's already being set up with. The probending battles are nice and make a lot of sense, as there's no longer a war going on. What i'm interested in seeing now, are the children of the other members of the group.

Oh and that Zuko's mom mention in the first episode? SMH, bunch of trolls.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuru View Post
    You know that's only for the first season, right? Pretty sure they added "Book 1: Air" in the intro in case Nickelodeon commissions a second one, which I'm sure they will.
    You know that Korra is supposed to already have mastered water, fire, and earthbending, right? This means there will be no seasons for those, and that there will only be one season. Last I heard, The Legend of Korra is only going to be a side thing to The Last Airbender, not a full new series like, say, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, and Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal are to the original Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'm sorry, I'm disappointed by this too, but it's the sad truth.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuru View Post
    You know that Korra is supposed to already have mastered water, fire, and earthbending, right? This means there will be no seasons for those, and that there will only be one season. Last I heard, The Legend of Korra is only going to be a side thing to The Last Airbender, not a full new series like, say, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, and Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal are to the original Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'm sorry, I'm disappointed by this too, but it's the sad truth.
    Eh, but it's been confirmed that Legend of Korra will have two seasons; thus, two books.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast