The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 25

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Is it just me, or is the Tarrlok death scene made all the more frightening by the fact that they actually showed him undoing the fuel cap?
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post
    "DiMartino: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there."
    Er, I said grandfather, not father.

"The Boiling Rock, pt. 2": Cut to Azula fists as she firebends a huge jet of blue fire. Cut to an over head shot of Azula as she propels herself from the ground into the air. Cut to the line as the handcuff locks around it. Cut to the side view of Azula as she places on arm and a leg behind her and firebends another huge jet of fire. The force slides her across the line.
    Oh, I believed him. You didn't need to show me.

Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post
    "DiMartino: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there."
    Er, I said grandfather, not father.
    No no, that was an official statement from Bryan and Micheal. There was a lot of confusing regarding Iroh II. People were saying he was Zuko's son, which if you look, he'd be too young. So the creators released that statement on their tumblr.
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

I'm gonna touch... everything.

Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    No no, that was an official statement from Bryan and Micheal. There was a lot of confusing regarding Iroh II. People were saying he was Zuko's son, which if you look, he'd be too young. So the creators released that statement on their tumblr.
    I know that. I thought Kthleen was using that statement to correct me.

By the way, did anyone notice that Tarrlok's mom bears a resemblance to Katara? Could she actually be Katara's daughter?

Also, and this is just coincidence, but I happen to have an OC (for the Fire Emblem fandom) named Bryan. And he's my favorite of all the characters I've created. :P

Blog Entries

Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

Well, you still seemed unsure (even if slightly), so I clarified with an official statement.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    By the way, did anyone notice that Tarrlok's mom bears a resemblance to Katara? Could she actually be Katara's daughter?
    Yakone and Aang were contemporaries, age wise more or less. There's no way it could be Aang's daughter.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    Yakone and Aang were contemporaries, age wise more or less. There's no way it could be Aang's daughter.
    Ah, that's true. Still, I immediately thought of Katara when I saw her.

Blog Entries

Man. I know a lot of you guys loved the part with Aang, but it was so incredibly deus ex machina...

Still, a good finale to an awesome show. I just wish Korra hadn't gotten her powers magicked back, and instead, the second season would've focused (at least, in part) on her trying to regain them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Lugion View Post
    Man. I know a lot of you guys loved the part with Aang, but it was so incredibly deus ex machina...

Still, a good finale to an awesome show. I just wish Korra hadn't gotten her powers magicked back, and instead, the second season would've focused (at least, in part) on her trying to regain them.
    Just because she got her powers back doesn't mean she's mastered all of them. She still has to master Airbending and the Avatar State. Plus, what most people keep seeming to forget is, LOK was only suppose to be a mini series. There wasn't going to be a second season, only after the mini series was animated did Nick green light a season season.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    You saying all waterbenders look the same?

[IMAGE REMOVED]
    Um, no. Please don't troll me.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Firstly, I just wanna say after thinking about it. I didn't like the whole being able to be in touch with your spiritual side, Korra managing to Airbend thing. It felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I didn't like seeing Korra getting her bending back. I would have liked to see Korra losing her Fire, Water, and Earthbending skills and then working to earn them back, since it was stated that Korra excelled at bending those three elements since she was child and that made her seem a tad too overpowered. Meanwhile, Airbending would be her main source of focus and combat during season 2 while she worked to relearn the other three elements along with trying to master Airbending fully. Being able to produce a cyclone of air despite no scenes of being able to make a fart of it. WHY TAKE THOSE BENDINGS AWAY FROM HER IF SHE JUST GETS IT BACK A FEW SECONDS LATER?! Bullcrap on her being able to connect to spiritual stuff out of the blue like that too.

Amon and Tarrlok can Bloodbend with no full moon. All we got was "They're special, that's why" and apart of a powerful bloodline, that didn't bother me and I liked it. Also, how the hell does Bloodbending take away other peoples' bending? It makes little sense. They explained before that Energy Bending was skill that was high form and a bending everyone could do back in the ancient times, I would have liked to see that being the reason behind Amon's talents. I actually partly think I would have preferred for Amon to be a self-hating Water bender or perhaps Elite ChiBlocker then what we got. I wouldn't have minded Lin getting her bending back but, Korra should have losted her Fire, Water, and Earth bending and gained it back later.

Amon's turnaround, he's some masked freak whose goal is to cause the mass genocide of benders. What do we have here? In the end he goes all sweet and nice brotherly love? Waaaaah? Don't get me wrong I loved the backstory on Amon's childhood and how him and his brother went through a bit of hell with Yakone, but still in conjunction with everything else. I didn't like how Amon ran away after being outed in front of everyone, it just seemed rushed and could have lead somewhere else.

God and that awful romance plot line, this why I absolutely hate shipping at times in my shows. Characters becoming more unlikable than they already are. Mako basically becoming the fandom's most unloved character. Even though the writers named the character "Mako" as tribute to the deceased real life VA. I liked Asami's handling of the situation at times at least, though I expected more of a breakdown in her character. She almost seemed too calm about it all. Her brother's betrayal, her mother's death, her having to fight her own father, Korra and Mako's bullshit, I was expecting her to reach more of a deep end at some point. Great to see she kept cool, I believe she can continue forward keep going, because she's on the right track, isn't a daddy's girl, and is capable, defiantly more than just a pretty face.

I kinda wished the whole Korra sitting over the cliff scene had been axed and ended right there. No spiritual stuff, no regaining of bending, nothing of that. Amon as a villain could have been handled better, maybe they shouldn't have killed him off. This could have been a "failure" that is built up for later. But it ended with Korra gaining Airbending, her other bendings, Energy Bending, and getting her spiritual connection. That bothered me. The under use of Bolin as well is something that annoyed me, he really needs more focus or episodes of focus or something.

I loved the battles, General Iroh was cool, Bumi is fun, and it looks like it's gonna be a good ass Season 2. But, this season finale could have been done a lot better.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Huh? Since when did Asami have a brother?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Plus, what most people keep seeming to forget is, LOK was only suppose to be a mini series. There wasn't going to be a second season, only after the mini series was animated did Nick green light a season season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Byron View Post
    Firstly, I just wanna say after thinking about it. I didn't like the whole being able to be in touch with your spiritual side, Korra managing to Airbend thing. It felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I didn't like seeing Korra getting her bending back. I would have liked to see Korra losing her Fire, Water, and Earthbending skills and then working to earn them back, since it was stated that Korra excelled at bending those three elements since she was child and that made her seem a tad too overpowered. Meanwhile, Airbending would be her main source of focus and combat during season 2 while she worked to relearn the other three elements along with trying to master Airbending fully. Being able to produce a cyclone of air despite no scenes of being able to make a fart of it. WHY TAKE THOSE BENDINGS AWAY FROM HER IF SHE JUST GETS IT BACK A FEW SECONDS LATER?! Bullcrap on her being able to connect to spiritual stuff out of the blue like that too.

Amon and Tarrlok can Bloodbend with no full moon. All we got was "They're special, that's why" and apart of a powerful bloodline, that didn't bother me and I liked it. Also, how the hell does Bloodbending take away other peoples' bending? It makes little sense. They explained before that Energy Bending was skill that was high form and a bending everyone could do back in the ancient times, I would have liked to see that being the reason behind Amon's talents. I actually partly think I would have preferred for Amon to be a self-hating Water bender or perhaps Elite ChiBlocker then what we got. I wouldn't have minded Lin getting her bending back but, Korra should have losted her Fire, Water, and Earth bending and gained it back later.

Amon's turnaround, he's some masked freak whose goal is to cause the mass genocide of benders. What do we have here? In the end he goes all sweet and nice brotherly love? Waaaaah? Don't get me wrong I loved the backstory on Amon's childhood and how him and his brother went through a bit of hell with Yakone, but still in conjunction with everything else. I didn't like how Amon ran away after being outed in front of everyone, it just seemed rushed and could have lead somewhere else.

I kinda wished the whole Korra sitting over the cliff scene had been axed and ended right there. No spiritual stuff, no regaining of bending, nothing of that. Amon as a villain could have been handled better, maybe they shouldn't have killed him off. This could have been a "failure" that is built up for later. But it ended with Korra gaining Airbending, her other bendings, Energy Bending, and getting her spiritual connection. That bothered me. The under use of Bolin as well is something that annoyed me, he really needs more focus or episodes of focus or something.

I loved the battles, General Iroh was cool, Bumi is fun, and it looks like it's gonna be a good ass Season 2. But, this season finale could have been done a lot better.
    Please refer to my quote.

Blog Entries

Did anybody else notice Amon firebend when he jumped through the fire that Korra/Mako made, before they were first bloodbent by him? I swear, the flames specifically moved apart from him right as he jumped through it. It could be just him bending the water in the air to dampen the fire temporarily, but the flames returned to normal right afterwards and his clothes weren't even singed. I know that fire is unpredictable and all, and maybe Amon just had perfect timing and got through unscathed due to the fire merely shifting, but I still wonder if what I think I saw is something more.

Blog Entries

I agree that the finale felt a bit rushed, but as Katara was saying, it wasn't that she would have to relearn how to bend, it was that she would be incapable of bending the other three elements. She still knew all the forms and moves, so it makes sense that as soon as her bending ability is restored, she regains her talent at them.

And in all fairness, Aang's first experience with the Avatar state was also triggered at his lowest point. It just so happened he was also in huge danger from drowning.

I actually partly think I would have preferred for Amon to be a self-hating Water bender or perhaps Elite ChiBlocker then what we got.
    But Amon was a self-hating Waterbender...

Like I said, overall I did find it a bit rushed, but it was a lot to cover in an hour, so I guess it's somewhat understandable. I'm just glad we got answers to some of the myseterious aspects of the show, especially concerning Amon's abilities.

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast