The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 25

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 600
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

  1. #361
    Depraved Pervert Pokelova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    689
    Trophies

    Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Is it just me, or is the Tarrlok death scene made all the more frightening by the fact that they actually showed him undoing the fuel cap?
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

  2. #362
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post
    "DiMartino: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there."
    Er, I said grandfather, not father.

    "The Boiling Rock, pt. 2": Cut to Azula fists as she firebends a huge jet of blue fire. Cut to an over head shot of Azula as she propels herself from the ground into the air. Cut to the line as the handcuff locks around it. Cut to the side view of Azula as she places on arm and a leg behind her and firebends another huge jet of fire. The force slides her across the line.
    Oh, I believed him. You didn't need to show me.

  3. #363
    Banner man Delsin Rowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your nightmares.
    Posts
    1,134
    Blog Entries
    93
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post
    "DiMartino: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there."
    Er, I said grandfather, not father.
    No no, that was an official statement from Bryan and Micheal. There was a lot of confusing regarding Iroh II. People were saying he was Zuko's son, which if you look, he'd be too young. So the creators released that statement on their tumblr.
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

    I'm gonna touch... everything.

    Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

  4. #364
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    No no, that was an official statement from Bryan and Micheal. There was a lot of confusing regarding Iroh II. People were saying he was Zuko's son, which if you look, he'd be too young. So the creators released that statement on their tumblr.
    I know that. I thought Kthleen was using that statement to correct me.

    By the way, did anyone notice that Tarrlok's mom bears a resemblance to Katara? Could she actually be Katara's daughter?

    Also, and this is just coincidence, but I happen to have an OC (for the Fire Emblem fandom) named Bryan. And he's my favorite of all the characters I've created. :P

  5. #365
    Avatar mostly by Asci Kthleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    10,396
    Blog Entries
    105

    Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Well, you still seemed unsure (even if slightly), so I clarified with an official statement.

  6. #366
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    By the way, did anyone notice that Tarrlok's mom bears a resemblance to Katara? Could she actually be Katara's daughter?
    Yakone and Aang were contemporaries, age wise more or less. There's no way it could be Aang's daughter.

  7. #367
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    Yakone and Aang were contemporaries, age wise more or less. There's no way it could be Aang's daughter.
    Ah, that's true. Still, I immediately thought of Katara when I saw her.

  8. #368
    CEO of the Monsters Lugion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,712
    Blog Entries
    99

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Man. I know a lot of you guys loved the part with Aang, but it was so incredibly deus ex machina...

    Still, a good finale to an awesome show. I just wish Korra hadn't gotten her powers magicked back, and instead, the second season would've focused (at least, in part) on her trying to regain them.

  9. #369
    Banner man Delsin Rowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your nightmares.
    Posts
    1,134
    Blog Entries
    93
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Lugion View Post
    Man. I know a lot of you guys loved the part with Aang, but it was so incredibly deus ex machina...

    Still, a good finale to an awesome show. I just wish Korra hadn't gotten her powers magicked back, and instead, the second season would've focused (at least, in part) on her trying to regain them.
    Just because she got her powers back doesn't mean she's mastered all of them. She still has to master Airbending and the Avatar State. Plus, what most people keep seeming to forget is, LOK was only suppose to be a mini series. There wasn't going to be a second season, only after the mini series was animated did Nick green light a season season.
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

    I'm gonna touch... everything.

    Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

  10. #370
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    You saying all waterbenders look the same?

    [IMAGE REMOVED]
    Um, no. Please don't troll me.

  11. #371
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Firstly, I just wanna say after thinking about it. I didn't like the whole being able to be in touch with your spiritual side, Korra managing to Airbend thing. It felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I didn't like seeing Korra getting her bending back. I would have liked to see Korra losing her Fire, Water, and Earthbending skills and then working to earn them back, since it was stated that Korra excelled at bending those three elements since she was child and that made her seem a tad too overpowered. Meanwhile, Airbending would be her main source of focus and combat during season 2 while she worked to relearn the other three elements along with trying to master Airbending fully. Being able to produce a cyclone of air despite no scenes of being able to make a fart of it. WHY TAKE THOSE BENDINGS AWAY FROM HER IF SHE JUST GETS IT BACK A FEW SECONDS LATER?! Bullcrap on her being able to connect to spiritual stuff out of the blue like that too.

    Amon and Tarrlok can Bloodbend with no full moon. All we got was "They're special, that's why" and apart of a powerful bloodline, that didn't bother me and I liked it. Also, how the hell does Bloodbending take away other peoples' bending? It makes little sense. They explained before that Energy Bending was skill that was high form and a bending everyone could do back in the ancient times, I would have liked to see that being the reason behind Amon's talents. I actually partly think I would have preferred for Amon to be a self-hating Water bender or perhaps Elite ChiBlocker then what we got. I wouldn't have minded Lin getting her bending back but, Korra should have losted her Fire, Water, and Earth bending and gained it back later.

    Amon's turnaround, he's some masked freak whose goal is to cause the mass genocide of benders. What do we have here? In the end he goes all sweet and nice brotherly love? Waaaaah? Don't get me wrong I loved the backstory on Amon's childhood and how him and his brother went through a bit of hell with Yakone, but still in conjunction with everything else. I didn't like how Amon ran away after being outed in front of everyone, it just seemed rushed and could have lead somewhere else.

    God and that awful romance plot line, this why I absolutely hate shipping at times in my shows. Characters becoming more unlikable than they already are. Mako basically becoming the fandom's most unloved character. Even though the writers named the character "Mako" as tribute to the deceased real life VA. I liked Asami's handling of the situation at times at least, though I expected more of a breakdown in her character. She almost seemed too calm about it all. Her brother's betrayal, her mother's death, her having to fight her own father, Korra and Mako's bullshit, I was expecting her to reach more of a deep end at some point. Great to see she kept cool, I believe she can continue forward keep going, because she's on the right track, isn't a daddy's girl, and is capable, defiantly more than just a pretty face.

    I kinda wished the whole Korra sitting over the cliff scene had been axed and ended right there. No spiritual stuff, no regaining of bending, nothing of that. Amon as a villain could have been handled better, maybe they shouldn't have killed him off. This could have been a "failure" that is built up for later. But it ended with Korra gaining Airbending, her other bendings, Energy Bending, and getting her spiritual connection. That bothered me. The under use of Bolin as well is something that annoyed me, he really needs more focus or episodes of focus or something.

    I loved the battles, General Iroh was cool, Bumi is fun, and it looks like it's gonna be a good ass Season 2. But, this season finale could have been done a lot better.

  12. #372
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Huh? Since when did Asami have a brother?

  13. #373
    Banner man Delsin Rowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your nightmares.
    Posts
    1,134
    Blog Entries
    93
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Plus, what most people keep seeming to forget is, LOK was only suppose to be a mini series. There wasn't going to be a second season, only after the mini series was animated did Nick green light a season season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Byron View Post
    Firstly, I just wanna say after thinking about it. I didn't like the whole being able to be in touch with your spiritual side, Korra managing to Airbend thing. It felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I didn't like seeing Korra getting her bending back. I would have liked to see Korra losing her Fire, Water, and Earthbending skills and then working to earn them back, since it was stated that Korra excelled at bending those three elements since she was child and that made her seem a tad too overpowered. Meanwhile, Airbending would be her main source of focus and combat during season 2 while she worked to relearn the other three elements along with trying to master Airbending fully. Being able to produce a cyclone of air despite no scenes of being able to make a fart of it. WHY TAKE THOSE BENDINGS AWAY FROM HER IF SHE JUST GETS IT BACK A FEW SECONDS LATER?! Bullcrap on her being able to connect to spiritual stuff out of the blue like that too.

    Amon and Tarrlok can Bloodbend with no full moon. All we got was "They're special, that's why" and apart of a powerful bloodline, that didn't bother me and I liked it. Also, how the hell does Bloodbending take away other peoples' bending? It makes little sense. They explained before that Energy Bending was skill that was high form and a bending everyone could do back in the ancient times, I would have liked to see that being the reason behind Amon's talents. I actually partly think I would have preferred for Amon to be a self-hating Water bender or perhaps Elite ChiBlocker then what we got. I wouldn't have minded Lin getting her bending back but, Korra should have losted her Fire, Water, and Earth bending and gained it back later.

    Amon's turnaround, he's some masked freak whose goal is to cause the mass genocide of benders. What do we have here? In the end he goes all sweet and nice brotherly love? Waaaaah? Don't get me wrong I loved the backstory on Amon's childhood and how him and his brother went through a bit of hell with Yakone, but still in conjunction with everything else. I didn't like how Amon ran away after being outed in front of everyone, it just seemed rushed and could have lead somewhere else.

    I kinda wished the whole Korra sitting over the cliff scene had been axed and ended right there. No spiritual stuff, no regaining of bending, nothing of that. Amon as a villain could have been handled better, maybe they shouldn't have killed him off. This could have been a "failure" that is built up for later. But it ended with Korra gaining Airbending, her other bendings, Energy Bending, and getting her spiritual connection. That bothered me. The under use of Bolin as well is something that annoyed me, he really needs more focus or episodes of focus or something.

    I loved the battles, General Iroh was cool, Bumi is fun, and it looks like it's gonna be a good ass Season 2. But, this season finale could have been done a lot better.
    Please refer to my quote.
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

    I'm gonna touch... everything.

    Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

  14. #374
    Head of Stories Princess Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    URPG!
    Posts
    1,403
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Did anybody else notice Amon firebend when he jumped through the fire that Korra/Mako made, before they were first bloodbent by him? I swear, the flames specifically moved apart from him right as he jumped through it. It could be just him bending the water in the air to dampen the fire temporarily, but the flames returned to normal right afterwards and his clothes weren't even singed. I know that fire is unpredictable and all, and maybe Amon just had perfect timing and got through unscathed due to the fire merely shifting, but I still wonder if what I think I saw is something more.

  15. #375
    Dragon of the Water RiverAura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    White Forest
    Posts
    463
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Byron View Post
    Firstly, I just wanna say after thinking about it. I didn't like the whole being able to be in touch with your spiritual side, Korra managing to Airbend thing. It felt so rushed and anticlimatic, I didn't like seeing Korra getting her bending back. I would have liked to see Korra losing her Fire, Water, and Earthbending skills and then working to earn them back, since it was stated that Korra excelled at bending those three elements since she was child and that made her seem a tad too overpowered. Meanwhile, Airbending would be her main source of focus and combat during season 2 while she worked to relearn the other three elements along with trying to master Airbending fully. Being able to produce a cyclone of air despite no scenes of being able to make a fart of it. WHY TAKE THOSE BENDINGS AWAY FROM HER IF SHE JUST GETS IT BACK A FEW SECONDS LATER?! Bullcrap on her being able to connect to spiritual stuff out of the blue like that too.
    I agree that the finale felt a bit rushed, but as Katara was saying, it wasn't that she would have to relearn how to bend, it was that she would be incapable of bending the other three elements. She still knew all the forms and moves, so it makes sense that as soon as her bending ability is restored, she regains her talent at them.

    And in all fairness, Aang's first experience with the Avatar state was also triggered at his lowest point. It just so happened he was also in huge danger from drowning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Byron View Post
    I actually partly think I would have preferred for Amon to be a self-hating Water bender or perhaps Elite ChiBlocker then what we got.
    But Amon was a self-hating Waterbender...

    Like I said, overall I did find it a bit rushed, but it was a lot to cover in an hour, so I guess it's somewhat understandable. I'm just glad we got answers to some of the myseterious aspects of the show, especially concerning Amon's abilities.

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •