The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 2

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Alright then, GUYS EPISODE 1 HAS BEEN LEAKED! :DDD

I think it may be because korranation.com already reached 100.000 likes which is why it was released earlier.

Fantastic first episode, can't wait to see it in better quality. Beautiful music, surprisingly realistic handling of the city, great animation. Whenever DiMartino and Konietzko make a series, every other show needs to raise its game.

Blog Entries

Just watched episode 1, it was amaaazing. Only issue is that the voice acting quality seemed a little poor, though that could be because I wasn't watching it in very good quality to begin with. Was skeptical about watching at first since I'd grown so attached to the old characters but I'm so glad I did! Korra's so likable and ffff I can't wait for episode 2 ;_; The best part was definitely where she did that funny face gesture back to Toph's daughter, though. no one can argue that
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    The best part was definitely where she did that funny face gesture back to Toph's daughter, though. no one can argue that
    Haha, I agree fully! I loved it.

"I'm the Avatar! You gotta deal with it!" So cute! <3
    Sheep and Continent Turtle like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

DANG THAT WAS AWESOME ;_;

-Korra was the best freaking part of this whole first episode. I just enjoy and really really like her personality it's so cute. Her lines even.

You're the one who's going to need a hospital.
    I'm the Avatar you gotta deal with it.

Man I liked her so much, she's likable. She's wild and she's crazy and I typically love characters like that in animation. But, man Korra is just the pure definition of awesome. Even when she did all that bending as a child adorable. When she took her test to beat the firebending master. I like her righteous attitude just awesome. Her Polar Bear Dog Naga, mannnnnnnnn I think I'll like Naga more then Appa :p He's cute, and he's a DOG and I likes Doggies :P Man Korra is buff is for a girl, strength for the win and design. She reminds me a lot of Toph and Sokka.

-OLD CHARACTERS. Grandma Katara FTW, I liked seeing she inherited her Gran-Gran's personality. But, man I kinda miss the old Katara a lot. I remember old Katara's looks and personality, but it's only natural she would have been subdued over the years due to her age. I felt really really bad that Sokka and Aang have passed away, though Zuko and Toph being alive still is still up for debate.

-New Characters FTW. EVERYBODY IN THIS HAD THE AWESOME, UNIQUE, PERSONABLE CHIPS CRANKED UP TO 100. Tenzin I didn't imagine would be so young, as the son of Katara and Aang I liked the personality they gave him. His wifey was cute, and I thought it was pretty cute she's the type who wants to have just one "normal" kid that isn't a bender and she provided some nice comedy, I imagine she'll be the comedy type person who will be used for jokes a lot. The three Airbending devils were cute, my favorite man IT'S SO HARD PICK. I like all three a lot, the hyperactive one, the crazy little bratty boy, and the knowledgeable girl I imagine there being an episode where they cause a lot of havoc and Korra has to save them during filler or something or something about one of them wanting to become stronger. I liked how the smart one wanted know about Zuko's mom.

-More new characters who have lesser roles. The man who lived in the bush I guess will be the "Cabbage Man" of Korra. The three thugs were nice, and I liked seeing all the bending elements team up so to speak it shows the growth and how things have changed in the world since Aang brought peace into it. And the Big Bad with the mask seems interesting enough. Seriously, of all the new cartoons I'm watching at the moment this one has managed to capture my interest first episode, and made me care for the character they are all relatable.

-Animation, the animation is different and looks great for Korra. I like it.

-Nice set-up on the plot and establishing of Korra and other characters to a lesser extent. I really liked the Republic City, the tall buildings, mobilization, and look of it all really makes it look so much more modern and improved since the days of Aang. The art is for the win. So, is the music. I can't wait until it premieres on TV in April Saturday morning, I look forward to watching it again in better quality and it gives me a reason to watch Nicklodeon on Saturday Morning outside of the occasional "Fairly Odd Parents" and new "Power Rangers Samurai." shame on Nick though for not premiering Korra in PRIMETIME. Speaking of FOP, I didn't really care for that "Snawzmo" voice one of the Thug's had.

I enjoyed watching the first episode, and I think the series will be off to a great start. It has the feel of the old avatar (serious issues need to be resolved, but no one is cut and dry; each have their own personalities and issues to resolve) but with the newer styles and technology. I highly doubt Toph is alive, as her daughter didn't give any indication that she's still around (though that doesn't mean she isn't). Elderly Katara was great, and I hope to see more of her in the series. Her son Tenzin is serious which is a nice contrast with Korra, but I am interested if any of his siblings will show up (and if they are benders or not).

Blog Entries

I'm really excited for the new series. I'm holding off on watching that first episode until its intended debut, though. Delayed gratification and all that, you know.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

I haven't seen the first episode yet. I have seen some criticism of it, in regards to the moral aspects of the show rather than the actual content and preservation. I'm definitely simplifying things here, but it's along the lines of:

Does anyone have thoughts. I'll definitely give my opinion when I see the episode.

Blog Entries

Korra was isolated at the Southern Water Tribe for the first 17 years of her life, and her bending teachers came to her to teach her, so Korra has a profound exposure to bending culture over non-bending culture. Had she traveled the world as Aang did, she might have had a different perspective of the world in terms of bender/non-benders; and could have met prominent non-benders like people like Jet, Suki, Guru Pathik, even the Earth King of Ba Sing Se.

Republic City is probably the first time she's seen a cultural center for non-benders; I wouldn't be surprised if Pema is the only non-bender outside the Southern Water Tribes that she's seen. She's going to have some bias - and the combination of her proud nature and her ability to control all 4 elements will not help to strip that bias - and her goal to be a fully-realized Avatar will have her work to remove that bias/ignorance.
    Last edited by RJoshua; 22nd March 2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: loooool

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I think the first episode was amazing, I've just seen it, and I really like Korra. She's enthusiastic, and impulsive and has a huge ego. I think that's something she has to work on, her ego, and she needs to learn that benders and non-benders are equal. I don't see too much martial arts experts in charge in many countries, though they could kick thos politicians asses.
    Tsutarja likes this.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Blog Entries

Korra definitely has a lot of flaws but also a lot of potential on becoming a great character and thus a lot to build on and develop.

As the first two episodes were released by korranation.com, I managed to watch episode two and it was quite nice. Even though the fact Korra and Bolin might start showing mutual attraction towards each other eventually (which is sadly, very obvious only judging by their very interactions and the final scenes of episode two) kinda irks me, the brothers themselves are interesting characters and I'm looking forward to finding out how much of a bond they really share. Bolin is really funny though, he reminds me a lot of Sokka which is a good thing, of course.

I can't wait for more! :D

Blog Entries

I didn't realized that there was a thread for this!
    Anyway Korra looks even better than the first series! I love how 1920's it is with radio and photography (during Korra's press conference) and the music style. Mako and Bolin are great sidekicks to Korra too.

Just watched it again. For the third time. I can't get enough of it. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I just watched the second episode. Man I like the two brothers, I can already tell I'm gonna really enjoy them. Bolin has rocketed up to a high spot on my list of favorite characters. I really liked him a lot, he was funny, had a cool design, he's an EARTHBENDER,(I really liked Toph) he's got the brother thing going, and he has a cool personality and fun interactions with Korra and Mako that made him such a treat to watch. Defiantly my favorite of the brothers, I like how they aren't twins. Thank gawd they aren't because that's such a cliche in writing. I liked how Bolin is the more chubby/muscular of the two brothers, makes him feel more relatable.(At least in my case XD) I really really look forward to some fleshing out of him and development and more emotional episodes.

I'm kinda hoping Korra ends up with neither Mako or Bolin, since they already did the Avatar ending up with a traveling companion thing with Aang. But, I could see her ending up with either though Mako seems more likely the one who would end up with him with her with Bolin being more of a friend. But, I could totally see Bolin and Korra hooking up. But, like I said I'm okay with her not going for either.

Mako came off as a bit of a jerk but, I actually like him. I see a lot of potential development in his future, and he comes off as being different from Zuko who had a similar personality, I guess since he's a Tsundere. I like how Mako and Bolin's eyes match their elements, and the idea of Bending having their own sport in the same way as real life Karate Tournament or Football games is just freaking cool. I wonder why the bending looked so weak though? Seemed like everyone's bending looked more like small hits rather then full throttle all out attacks like Toph, Zuko, and Katara. Probably because it's just a game and not a fight. I'm pretty sure or at least hope Bolin and Mako can beat or tie with Korra in their own respective areas of bending, because Aang mastered all the other elements but, I have no doubt in my mind Katara, Toph, and Zuko could easily kick his butt in their own respective elements. I really thought the animation looked smooth and intense this episode, and that begs the question I've been beckoning for the longest time.

Why is it such a surprise to see a Water Bender who can also bend Earth?

It just seems weird to me. I mean you can learn to bend an element, I don't think you have to be born to know a certain element. I mean the Metal Benders and Earth Benders can multibend. So, couldn't Bolin learn how to Fire Bend and vice versa for Mako and Earth Bending? Since I'm pretty sure their respective parents or masters or something taught them what they know.

I'm really glad the development train has taken off already. Korra learning from her mistakes and how to "flow" in the same way an Airbender does to win the match in the last round was magnificent. It shows she was making progress in her goal but, in a different way then Tenzin expected. I'm glad at the end of the episode they didn't pull a "Korra can now do this exercise correctly" crap move since it's realistic she probably can't do it. And I can't wait to see more of them and Republic City. Oh and Tenzin's kids XD My favorite is defiantly Jinora, she's relatable and reminds me of me in a lot of ways and hilarious. I make no promises. That not to say I don't like Ikki and Meelo, I think their both funny too.

So, already two episodes in.

Episode 1:Republic City, Set-Up, Plot, Antagonist, Role, Characters Personality, and much much more established.

Episode 2:Small Development, Two new characters established, More Plot and Events established, Korra's personality fleshed out a bit, More of an understanding of the characters, more understanding of the Republic City and Pro-Bending Matches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Why is it such a surprise to see a Water Bender who can also bend Earth?
    Because a bender can only control one main element unless the bender is the Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    It just seems weird to me. I mean you can learn to bend an element, I don't think you have to be born to know a certain element. I mean the Metal Benders and Earth Benders can multibend. So, couldn't Bolin learn how to Fire Bend and vice versa for Mako and Earth Bending? Since I'm pretty sure their respective parents or masters or something taught them what they know.
    I think it's something you're born with. Their parents must have been an Earthbender and a Firebender respectively which is where they got their bending abilities from. And like I said before, you can't learn to bend another main element unless you are the Avatar. You can, however, learn to bend a special subset of techniques within your own element. For example, Earthbenders can bend Metal because metal is simply earth that has been purified. Or Firebenders can redirect lighting by separating the yin-yang energy in it or how Waterbenders can bend blood because blood is only another type of liquid.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast