The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 16

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Spirituality in my opinion. In episode 1 they said Korra struggled with the spiritual side of bending, so I think that might be something they'll address.

Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    While we're on the subject of Amon, who do you think he is? I have two theories, actually.

1. This one is kind of expected, but Aang and Katara's last child: Boomy/Boomer/sorry I forgot his name XD. Being the son of the avatar, inheriting the power that Aang had wouldn't be too far-fetched. However, with all these plot twists that we've been having so far, it would actually seem a little too predictable. They've already hinted at something sinister that the third child has been doing, and I'm almost certain that he will have a large role in the series, it seems too cliche for him to be Amon.
    To be honest, I don't think that Amon actually has the ability to energy-bend. I think he just has an over-glorified chi-blocking ability. Though, I've been think that Bumi(Aang's non-bender son, not King Bumi) is involved with the equalists. I mean, think about it. Being the Avatar's son, but not having any bending while everyone else in your family does? That's gotta be pretty harsh.

2. Another avatar. Just hear me out on this one. In the old series, in the last episode of season two, Princess Azula shocks Aang with lightning, which ends up killing him. He is soon revived by Katara's spirit water, though he is briefly dead. What if the avatar line split at this moment? As we all know, Aang survived this and maintained his avatar bending capabilities, so the avatar line didn't switch to another person entirely. None the less, he had died, so, according to avatar 'law', the avatar must go on. Potentially, Amon is the second avatar.

There are a few flaws with my theory though. Korra is a water-bender, which would have been the next avatar of the cycle. If Amon had been born at this time, he would have been a water-bender, making Korra an earth-bender. Also, Aang was in his avatar state when he was killed, which may have prevented the cycle from continuing on.

Oh well, I'm super pumped to find out the truth behind Amon! Do you guys have any other theories?
    Your theory, while is a good read, is very flawed by the fact that Aang died in the Avatar State. Roku had said that if an Avatar were to be killed in the Avatar State, the Avatar Spirit would cease to exist. Therefore, the Avatar cycle wouldn't continue. Aang was killed in the Avatar State, so the Avatar Spirit did die with him. So there was no reincarnation, and Amon cannot be an Avatar. Besides, If Amon was the Avatar, Korra wouldn't be. Plus Amon would be a bender.
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

I'm gonna touch... everything.

Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Spirituality in my opinion. In episode 1 they said Korra struggled with the spiritual side of bending, so I think that might be something they'll address.
    I think that can very well work. But what about book three assuming there is a book 3. Is there going to be a book three?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

30 second preview for next week; who's seen it? Asami is a total pimp. :D I'm waiting for the showdown between her and her father. >.<;
    Kakuna Matata likes this.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post

2. Another avatar. Just hear me out on this one. In the old series, in the last episode of season two, Princess Azula shocks Aang with lightning, which ends up killing him. He is soon revived by Katara's spirit water, though he is briefly dead. What if the avatar line split at this moment? As we all know, Aang survived this and maintained his avatar bending capabilities, so the avatar line didn't switch to another person entirely. None the less, he had died, so, according to avatar 'law', the avatar must go on. Potentially, Amon is the second avatar.

There are a few flaws with my theory though. Korra is a water-bender, which would have been the next avatar of the cycle. If Amon had been born at this time, he would have been a water-bender, making Korra an earth-bender. Also, Aang was in his avatar state when he was killed, which may have prevented the cycle from continuing on.

Oh well, I'm super pumped to find out the truth behind Amon! Do you guys have any other theories?
    Your theory, while is a good read, is very flawed by the fact that Aang died in the Avatar State. Roku had said that if an Avatar were to be killed in the Avatar State, the Avatar Spirit would cease to exist. Therefore, the Avatar cycle wouldn't continue. Aang was killed in the Avatar State, so the Avatar Spirit did die with him. So there was no reincarnation, and Amon cannot be an Avatar. Besides, If Amon was the Avatar, Korra wouldn't be. Plus Amon would be a bender.
    I realized the fact that he died in the avatar state just a few minutes after posting this. Even then, I was suggesting that the avatar line split into two different groups, so Amon and Aang were both avatars. And I'm still betting that Amon is actually a bender. He doesn't want others to have power, but he himself needs power to keep everything in order. Kind of like the main pro-human leader in the movie, Surrogates; both Amon and this guy wanted to change what the population was doing, but they are too valuable to let their own safety be at risk.

Blog Entries

I realized the fact that he died in the avatar state just a few minutes after posting this. Even then, I was suggesting that the avatar line split into two different groups, so Amon and Aang were both avatars. And I'm still betting that Amon is actually a bender. He doesn't want others to have power, but he himself needs power to keep everything in order. Kind of like the main pro-human leader in the movie, Surrogates; both Amon and this guy wanted to change what the population was doing, but they are too valuable to let their own safety be at risk.
    While I've never heard of that movie, I think Amon is a bender as well. It just seems to fit. However, I also want Bumi to be an equalist as well. For some reason, I want a Tenzin VS. Bumi thing to go on. Plus, I want Kya to have lost her bending to Amon. It would make a fight between Tenzin and Bumi be that much more tense.
    Dread Advocate likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Aang's Avatar Spirit was locked, not dead, when he was struck down by Azula. Whether or not he died is up to some debate, but the fact that he spent a large chunk of the Sozin's Comet finale in the Avatar State suggests that the Avatar Spirit is alive and kicking. And kicking hard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eredar Warlock View Post
    Aang's Avatar Spirit was locked, not dead, when he was struck down by Azula. Whether or not he died is up to some debate, but the fact that he spent a large chunk of the Sozin's Comet finale in the Avatar State suggests that the Avatar Spirit is alive and kicking. And kicking hard.
    He said in the episode after that he was dead, and that Katara saved him. I've been re-watching the episodes on Netflix, so I have a fairly fresh memory about it.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    I predict that by the end of the season that the Equalist Movement will become popular by the end of the season. Frankly the series wouldn't be very interesting if it doesn't become popular..
    In light of today's episode, the Equalists will probably become popular next episode.

I imagine Tarlok thinking, "The more we oppress non-benders the most popular the Equalists become. I don't understand why that's happening at all. Obviously we need to oppress them more than we are now."

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

New Legend of Korra Ship
    Tarrlok/Kick in the face

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

They cannot do this to us! GRAHHH

trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

some awesome bending in this episode from Korra, Bolin, and Tarlac.
    dude moved up a notch in my book, despite his
    Can't wait for Korra to contact aang and get some answers.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Wow that ending was just, wow. I knew Tarlok was bad news. Ive wondered for a while if he's working for Amon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

"seasons change, people change"

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast