The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra - Page 15

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Default Re: The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

What @Iteru; and @Paperhorse; said

What Amon is doing isn't honorable at all. It's like he came up to you and cut your legs off. You don't get over that at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    I mean Amon has good points and taking away powers doesn't HURT people
    Tahno was clearly emotionally hurt, especially when we saw him in episode 7 where he was clearly a shell of his former self.

How you think it doesn't hurt people in a sense is absolutely beyond me. It isn't *pop* there goes your bending and you're fine! its *pop* there goes your bending and you're clearly visibly shaken, upset and its leaving a lasting mental impact on you!.
    I guess but Benders are disproportionality represented in goverment. Not to mention Tahno was resistant as holy hell and his whole claim to fame was based on and it effected him about as much as Bolin was effected by that kiss so I'm sure it was an emotion reaction rather then a physical one. Let me put it to you this way losing your powers could be akin to losing your balls but would you want to live in a world where people are constantly shoving their balls in your face.

I except that he is the bad guy just how I accept that TP is evil.

@paperhorse I was pretty tired so I forgot the other reason which totally negates my point
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Amon is a honorable man. The Avatar has been proven to be strong and was the tipping point in the last war so he knew how good of opportunity when he could have took away Korra's powers but he didn't because he really is an equalist I thought that to until that happen but he closer to Chase Young than Wuya. EDIT well then again he did give another reason but he also allowed the TTT leader to fight back

Anyone else on the equalist's side. I mean Amon has good points and taking away powers doesn't HURT people and all bending really does is shove people's non confusian eastern philosophies down my throat. And as a Confusian (minus the sexism of course but what wasn't sexist back then come on if you look at it closer it's all about benevolence) this pisses me off (considering the ideologies are rivaled and all). Looking back it now I'm a little pissed that Daoism gets promoted through Air bending but Confusianism is only betrayed as negative through use of gender roles in northern water tribe episodes so I'm all in favor of air benders getting knocked down a peg. Benders have power and it is dangerous so taking it away is a noble cause. And honestly it felt great when the Wolf bats lost their bending.

I guess but Benders are disproportionality represented in goverment. Not to mention Tahno was resistant as holy hell and his whole claim to fame was based on and it effected him about as much as Bolin was effected by that kiss so I'm sure it was an emotion reaction rather then a physical one. Let me put it to you this way losing your powers could be akin to losing your balls but would you want to live in a world where people are constantly shoving their balls in your face.
    Okay first, if you're going to identify yourself as something, please spell it correctly. When you say you're Confusian, it causes confusion. I believe you mean Confucian and Confucius.
    Anyway, your views on Amon and his Equalism seem like a Christian's views on anything supposedly sinful, such as gay marriage. A very "If I don't like it, they can't have it!" sort of idealism. Sure, bending causes issues, but it the Avatar world needs bending. Not as much as in Aang's days, but still. And for Amon to take that all away because he doesn't like bending and can't bend himself is not honourable in the least. It's selfish. He may think he's being selfless, he may even think he is a great person. But he is practically the Avatar world's equivalent of Hitler.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    Amon is a honorable man. The Avatar has been proven to be strong and was the tipping point in the last war so he knew how good of opportunity when he could have took away Korra's powers but he didn't because he really is an equalist I thought that to until that happen but he closer to Chase Young than Wuya. EDIT well then again he did give another reason but he also allowed the TTT leader to fight back

Anyone else on the equalist's side. I mean Amon has good points and taking away powers doesn't HURT people and all bending really does is shove people's non confusian eastern philosophies down my throat. And as a Confusian (minus the sexism of course but what wasn't sexist back then come on if you look at it closer it's all about benevolence) this pisses me off (considering the ideologies are rivaled and all). Looking back it now I'm a little pissed that Daoism gets promoted through Air bending but Confusianism is only betrayed as negative through use of gender roles in northern water tribe episodes so I'm all in favor of air benders getting knocked down a peg. Benders have power and it is dangerous so taking it away is a noble cause. And honestly it felt great when the Wolf bats lost their bending.

Okay first, if you're going to identify yourself as something, please spell it correctly. When you say you're Confusian, it causes confusion. I believe you mean Confucian and Confucius.
    Anyway, your views on Amon and his Equalism seem like a Christian's views on anything supposedly sinful, such as gay marriage. A very "If I don't like it, they can't have it!" sort of idealism. Sure, bending causes issues, but it the Avatar world needs bending. Not as much as in Aang's days, but still. And for Amon to take that all away because he doesn't like bending and can't bend himself is not honourable in the least. It's selfish. He may think he's being selfless, he may even think he is a great person. But he is practically the Avatar world's equivalent of Hitler.
    It more like communism which would be moral if it didn't have so many negative effects. The world needs bending my butt you live in a world without bending. And did you just seriously compare me to homophobe? Spell check wasn't helping and I was tired people make grammar errors accept it.

Like I said I do understand that he is the bad guy just cause I admit he has good points doesn't mean I think he's without flaws I understand that if he wins the economy will get fucked up. And please don't compare me to homophobe (all spell check is giving me is Homophone accept it).
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

While we're on the subject of Amon, who do you think he is? I have two theories, actually.

1. This one is kind of expected, but Aang and Katara's last child: Boomy/Boomer/sorry I forgot his name XD. Being the son of the avatar, inheriting the power that Aang had wouldn't be too far-fetched. However, with all these plot twists that we've been having so far, it would actually seem a little too predictable. They've already hinted at something sinister that the third child has been doing, and I'm almost certain that he will have a large role in the series, it seems too cliche for him to be Amon.

2. Another avatar. Just hear me out on this one. In the old series, in the last episode of season two, Princess Azula shocks Aang with lightning, which ends up killing him. He is soon revived by Katara's spirit water, though he is briefly dead. What if the avatar line split at this moment? As we all know, Aang survived this and maintained his avatar bending capabilities, so the avatar line didn't switch to another person entirely. None the less, he had died, so, according to avatar 'law', the avatar must go on. Potentially, Amon is the second avatar.

There are a few flaws with my theory though. Korra is a water-bender, which would have been the next avatar of the cycle. If Amon had been born at this time, he would have been a water-bender, making Korra an earth-bender. Also, Aang was in his avatar state when he was killed, which may have prevented the cycle from continuing on.

Oh well, I'm super pumped to find out the truth behind Amon! Do you guys have any other theories?

Blog Entries

Well we haven't seen enough of him to prove it and I could be wrong but I hope he is Lawful Evil and I really don't hope they Ghetsis. I don't he needs a reason to have this abilityi does one have to good to have a spiritual epiphany well kinda but a evil epiphany sounds pretty badass if you ask me. Though it could be the same power but completely different in methodology.

I'm a little sad that the pro bending plot is over but like how they kept the bros in the story you know living with them and all.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

When your government and police force is run by benders, that pretty heavily suggests that benders are an elite class in Republic City. Non-benders are going to become aware of the power parity between them and benders, and they won't like it. I predict that by the end of the season that the Equalist Movement will become popular by the end of the season. Frankly the series wouldn't be very interesting if it doesn't become popular.

Anyways, I was wrong about metal bending being a problem for Equalists. It seems like Platinum isn't a precious metal since the Equalists were able to get so much of it. Platinum is pretty soft though, so there could be ways to get around platinum tools if the show writers actually consider that (I doubt they will).

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

@Pokelova @Alphaphlare Please tone down your argument. No need to be snarky while discussing a show.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Crow View Post
    While we're on the subject of Amon, who do you think he is? I have two theories, actually.

1. This one is kind of expected, but Aang and Katara's last child: Boomy/Boomer/sorry I forgot his name XD. Being the son of the avatar, inheriting the power that Aang had wouldn't be too far-fetched. However, with all these plot twists that we've been having so far, it would actually seem a little too predictable. They've already hinted at something sinister that the third child has been doing, and I'm almost certain that he will have a large role in the series, it seems too cliche for him to be Amon.

2. Another avatar. Just hear me out on this one. In the old series, in the last episode of season two, Princess Azula shocks Aang with lightning, which ends up killing him. He is soon revived by Katara's spirit water, though he is briefly dead. What if the avatar line split at this moment? As we all know, Aang survived this and maintained his avatar bending capabilities, so the avatar line didn't switch to another person entirely. None the less, he had died, so, according to avatar 'law', the avatar must go on. Potentially, Amon is the second avatar.

There are a few flaws with my theory though. Korra is a water-bender, which would have been the next avatar of the cycle. If Amon had been born at this time, he would have been a water-bender, making Korra an earth-bender. Also, Aang was in his avatar state when he was killed, which may have prevented the cycle from continuing on.

Oh well, I'm super pumped to find out the truth behind Amon! Do you guys have any other theories?
    Interesting. I have a theory myself, though there isn't really a lot to back it up.

I think Amon could actually be a son of Sokka and Suki (if they did marry and ever have any children). They're the only members of the original gang that we haven't yet heard much about in TLoK. We definitely know what became of Katara and Aang, and we know Toph had a daughter and formed the metal bending police. Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that there was confirmation that Zuko had a daughter and she's the current Firelord. And that Mai left him.

Sokka and Suki? We know almost nothing. We had a flashback of adult Sokka, but it didn't really tell us anything. All we know is that Sokka is dead. There's been no mention of Suki at all whatsoever.

Next, Neither Sokka nor Suki are benders. Both have unique combat techniques and could've easily passed them onto any children. Furthermore, Sokka has expressed a bit of a dislike towards bending, and that definitely could've rubbed off on his kids.

The only thing I can't really fit in with this theory is Amon's ability to take away bending. The best I could come up with here is him somehow getting the ability from Aang and that's still a bit farfetched.

I'm just saying, maybe a kid of Sokka and Suki began taking a few ideals too far.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

What about Azula? I read that she has an heir, and she wants him to do all the dirty work for her because of her old age. Perhaps he was the fire bender who scarred Amon's face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    What about Azula? I read that she has an heir, and she wants him to do all the dirty work for her because of her old age. Perhaps he was the fire bender who scarred Amon's face.
    I read that Azula was locked up in an insane asylum and is now dead...

But other than that, that seems like a nice theory. Brings back old memories of Azula.

My own mother thought I was a monster... She was right, of course, but it still hurt

Add Kelleo on Facebook

She was an enemy. She never joined the group. I was strictly referring to Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, and Suki, whom all joined Aang on his journey at some point. Granted, Suki joined kind of late, but still.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    She was an enemy. She never joined the group. I was strictly referring to Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, and Suki, whom all joined Aang on his journey at some point. Granted, Suki joined kind of late, but still.
    And her status as an enemy is why I thought she could've been involved in this.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

And her status as an enemy is why I thought she could've been involved in this.
    I know. I still wasn't talking about her. xP

Blog Entries

Well I do understand he's evil but he is fleshed out and you can cheer for the bad guy in fiction when you probably wouldn't root for him in real life. Anyways what do you think the next book will be called. Book of Chi or maybe it will be some emotional trait that Korra will learn like tolerance, patience, enlightenment etc. etc.

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast