Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Knock-Off Films

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Knock-Off Films

Anyone know of knock off films that rip off of real films. You'll see them in supermarkets and toy stores everywhere: the inexpensive DVDs that are clear ripoffs of whatever live action or animated movie has just hit the theaters. You may have even wondered to yourself, "How bad can they really be?" Unsurprisingly, the answer is "pretty bad."

I mean, there are ripoffs of animated films, like "The Little Cars" (Cars) and "Ratatoing" (Ratatouille), and live action ones such as "Transmorphers" (Transformers/Terminator) and the recent "American Warships" (Battleship). What do you think about them? I think they are just bad and a cheap way to make money.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Knock-Off Films

One of the DVDs my mother got from her job at Wal-Mart for free was a rip-off of Madagascar 2; I haven't watched it myself, but I could tell by the cover that it is one. I have no idea why it got the "family approved" mark. Do Phoenix Games count? They're technically not video games at all, merely animated films that ripped off Disney and recycled the same characters and animation.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It probably got the "family approved" mark since they stamp that on all sorts of christain movies. What's the name of it, I need to lol @ it.

Also, I've seen clips of them, usually they are laughably bad. I mean, just look at little cars:

'nuff said.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    It probably got the "family approved" mark since they stamp that on all sorts of christain movies. What's the name of it, I need to lol @ it.
    It's called "Animals United: Adventures in Africa."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    One of the DVDs my mother got from her job at Wal-Mart for free was a rip-off of Madagascar 2; I haven't watched it myself, but I could tell by the cover that it is one. I have no idea why it got the "family approved" mark. Do Phoenix Games count? They're technically not video games at all, merely animated films that ripped off Disney and recycled the same characters and animation.
    I'm DEFINITELY familiar with Phoenix Games, or more rather, Dingo Pictures, a German animation studio, on Youtube, one comment I read about them was "the animation is crappy, and creepy", cause not only is the animation terrible and off model, but it's far down in the uncanny valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post

Also, I've seen clips of them, usually they are laughably bad. I mean, just look at little cars:

'nuff said.
    I can agree with you, they just approve them without watching them, and seeing how terrible they are

My DA account

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AAAAAAGGHHHHGGGGHHHHGGGHHHHHH not Dingo Pictures!!!! Although, because they're so horrible, they're interesting to watch because of how train-wrecky their movies are.

Nothing like cacti, Old West saloons, and hyenas in Pocahontas (where she says "Nein, nein!" at one point), and the plague of rats and Zeus in the burning bush in their Prince of Egypt knockoff.

Then there's the nonstop jungle drums in Animal Soccer World with one voice actor playing dozens of characters.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    AAAAAAGGHHHHGGGGHHHHGGGHHHHHH not Dingo Pictures!!!! Although, because they're so horrible, they're interesting to watch because of how train-wrecky their movies are.

Nothing like cacti, Old West saloons, and hyenas in Pocahontas (where she says "Nein, nein!" at one point), and the plague of rats and Zeus in the burning bush in their Prince of Egypt knockoff.

Then there's the nonstop jungle drums in Animal Soccer World with one voice actor playing dozens of characters.
    They have a Prince of Egypt knockoff? I must see it to torture myself for the lulz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post

I've seen a few of their films, though they're fun to make fun of MST3K style, considering their historical, geographical, and sometimes anatomical inaccuracies (for example, a dinosaur with a cats face), it's scary that the people who make these are full grown adults, and clearly forgot what their school teachers told them.

My DA account

Blog Entries

Ratatoing had several Sonic 4kids's voice actors.

Blog Entries

How have I never heard of any of these "notorious" knock-offs y'all are referencing? Is this some regional phenomenon? Even in Walmart I've never seen anything like these...

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Anything From video Banqueto (sp?). The Little Princess School is the worst, they show no other dang emotion besides a smile When they talk and even when they are shocked, Mad or Sad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    How have I never heard of any of these "notorious" knock-offs y'all are referencing? Is this some regional phenomenon? Even in Walmart I've never seen anything like these...
    They are basically made so that people mistake them for the real thing, TV Tropes calls them "The Mockbuster", and they are usually made as a quick way to make money, and often, they appear in video rental boxes and video stores, and usually when the real film is in theaters, making them easier to spot.

Also, they're not always animated films, they can be live action too, films from The Asylum in particular is one group that makes these things (and they even admit that they deliberately make them bad)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Lady Marie♥ View Post
    Anything From video Banqueto (sp?). The Little Princess School is the worst, they show no other dang emotion besides a smile When they talk and even when they are shocked, Mad or Sad.
    Video Brinquedo (it's Brazilian), I've seen Ratatoing, and I think half my brain died, Film Brain actually was brave enough to review it.
    PockyAddict likes this.

My DA account

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Also, they're not always animated films, they can be live action too, films from The Asylum in particular is one group that makes these things (and they even admit that they deliberately make them bad)
    I like these guys already.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

I just watched the review of Ratatoing from the Film Brain, and Ratatoing looks like a terribly animated video game with horrible cutscenes similar to Hotel Mario on the PC or 32x or N64.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NonSpecificActionFigure View Post
    I just watched the review of Ratatoing from the Film Brain, and Ratatoing looks like a terribly animated video game with horrible cutscenes similar to Hotel Mario on the PC or 32x or N64.
    To me, Video Brinquedo's CGI is bad enough to make the animation of the CDi games look like that of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and you know when I compare it to Avatar, you know it's THAT bad).
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 2nd July 2012 at 06:29 AM.

My DA account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast