jhonen vasquez discussion.

Thread: jhonen vasquez discussion.

Blog Entries

Default jhonen vasquez discussion.

Because the man has an amazing sense of humor. Let's discuss him, and his amazing show;
    Invader Zim

And anything else he has you want to discuss that he has made. I did some research, I don't think anyone has done this. I checked the first 15 or so pages here, so yeah.
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: jhonen vasquez discussion.

ah, i was a huge Invader Zim fan when i was in high school :) to this very day my best friend and i always quote that bit from Bad Bad Rubber Piggy where that kid goes "my mom makes me eat breakfast chunks for breakfast every morning! but i hate them! I HATE THEM SO MUCH!! can i go back in time and stop them from being invented?" XD

i also did read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac when i was in tenth grade :0 my book is legit falling apart though :( i bought Squee a while back, but never got around to reading it DX

Won't lie: as a kid, I hated Invader Zim. The show creeped me out and scared the crap out of me!

Now, when I look back on it, I actually love Invader Zim (except the episode Dark Harvest-- oh, man, that was gross). Jhonen Vasquez has a pretty sick way of showing his sense of humor, but the guy's a mad genius, IMO.

I don't know why, but I like the episode when Zim gets captured by Sizz-lor and is sent back to Foodcourtia, but escapes, the most. I always giggle when I see Zim going "Do-dee-do-dee-do" or "Man, I hate that kid!" for some reason.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 2nd December 2013 at 03:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    ah, i was a huge Invader Zim fan when i was in high school :) to this very day my best friend and i always quote that bit from Bad Bad Rubber Piggy where that kid goes "my mom makes me eat breakfast chunks for breakfast every morning! but i hate them! I HATE THEM SO MUCH!! can i go back in time and stop them from being invented?" XD

i also did read Johnny the Homicidal Maniac when i was in tenth grade :0 my book is legit falling apart though :( i bought Squee a while back, but never got around to reading it DX
    I requested that my library purchase the big compilation of squee comics... I don't know if it has come in yet... but i really want to read it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Master Ash View Post
    Won't lie: as a kid, I hated Invader Zim. The show creeped me out and scared the crap out of me!

Now, when I look back on it, I actually love Invader Zim (except the episode Dark Harvest-- oh, man, that was gross). Jhonen Vasquez has a pretty sick way of showing his sense of humor, but the guy's a mad genius, IMO.

I don't know why, but I like the episode when Zim gets captured by Sizz-lor and is sent back to Foodcourtia, but escapes, the most. I always giggle when I see Zim going "Do-dee-do-dee-do" or "Man, I hate that kid!" for some reason.

I didn't start watching it until quite recently, when I saw it on netflix. Now I can't stop watching it! (It's not on netflix anymore... :( .) I think I just have a soft spot for shows and books that are unique, shows that aren't afraid to be different from all the same old potty humor stuff that gets crammed on channels like nick and disney and cartoon network. I admit, IZ does have some potty humor, but it's not all potty humor. Like I tried to watch that show Adventure time, but couldn't get into it because of the amount of potty humor.
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp