The Inevitable Batman 3 Villian Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Inevitable Batman 3 Villian Discussion Thread

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Inevitable Batman 3 Villian Discussion Thread

Say this rumor of a third Nolanverse film is true. Here's my thoughts on potential villians:

-Phantasm for the love of god Phantasm. Also solve the love interest for the film too. And she needs to come out of DCAUverse (not that it isn't an awesome universe, but she's too awesome for just one continuity). But she's not an instigator, so she'd have to be in the employ of a more far-reaching villian.
    -Talia would be quite welcome considering that Ra's (whoever he was) was supposedly killed off in the first one.
    -I know everyone wants Riddler, but honestly I don't think he's enough of a force to carry a movie by himself. There'd have to be more powerful villians around him, mostly in the way of physical power, which brings me to
    -Bane would be interesting to see in a more real-world style, given that all they'd have to do is make his steroid seem plausable. It seems simple, but they'd have to do it in such a way where people wouldn't be all "no it doesn't work like that".
    -Catwoman would be a bold choice, but there's only so much you can do with her insofar as storyline. Augmenting a bigger plot would where she'd shine most.
    -Harley is almost certainly a flat-out no. The only way I can think of that they'd bring her in is if there was some sort of Joker cult rising. Of course, if it was up to me I'd just recast Joker but apparently the fans would riot in the streets if they did that.
    -Penguin, as probably the most realistic standard rotation villian they have, would be quite simple to slip into the mob subplot. Especially since he wouldn't have been subject to the fear toxin since he's never been to Arkham (he goes to Blackgate--he's not insane, just a criminal. Although if they wanted to go that route, he could have been visiting someone, I suppose, given that the first film had a boss fake insanity to get out of prison).
    -Ivy would be have to be massively reworked since she's one of the most unrealistic characters, and as a standard ecoterrorist she wouldn't be able to carry a film.
    -Freeze would be doable. I know people tend to put him in the same boat as Ivy because of elemental control, but his is weapon-based compared to her inherent ability, and weapons can be explained.
    -For that matter, Firefly is also weapon-based. Plus they'd get to blow shit up constantly. But he also doesn't have the ability to carry a film. He'd show up, get smacked down by someone, and the film would go on without him.
    -Black Mask is another person I can see being put in the mob plot, especially coming as he does with his masked associates. Be enough for a subplot in and of himself.
    -Mad Hatter would make for an interesting successor to Scarecrow's reign of mind control, only more direct. But they'd probably have to drop the Alice addiction, or at least lessen it to a few references.

Basically, out of all of these, the only ones I can see being strong enough to be the real LEAD villian are Penguin, Freeze, and Talia. Possibly Hatter if they make him enough of a mastermind.

And give us Matches Malone! We need to see him!

Now I'd like to hear what you think!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Inevitable Batman 3 Villian Discussion Thread

Actually, the third one has been confirmed. They're currently writing and drafting the script. As for villains, there are only two I've ever REALLY wanted to see:

Killer Croc
    Clayface

One gives you a completely different Batman story than we've seen so far in theaters and the other gives you lots of options. Of course, there's always the Ventriloquist...for the hell of it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Actually, the third one has been confirmed. They're currently writing and drafting the script. As for villains, there are only two I've ever REALLY wanted to see:

Killer Croc
    Clayface

One gives you a completely different Batman story than we've seen so far in theaters and the other gives you lots of options. Of course, there's always the Ventriloquist...for the hell of it.
    I seriously doubt we'll be seing Killer Croc in Christopher Nolan's Batman. I don't see him deviating from his promise of the series always being rooted-in-reality here. Clayface could be done, in the same vein he brought Scarecrow to the series, but I just don't see a way to get Killer Croc into a realistic Batman universe. I don't think Croc is too believable regardless of what is done. Also, I don't see what facet of society can be analyzed through killer Croc's character... at least with the biting ferocity of the first two.

I've always thought the Ventriloquist could be utilized by Nolan. Since Nolan obviously prefers the psychologically imposing villains to the physically imposing ones, he'd be a great fit.

We may see Zsasz in some capacity. Being that he appeared as an Arkham escapee in Batman Begins and is apparently still at-large. He'd be another fantastic mind for Nolan to utilize.

I could also see Nolan using someone like Hugo Strange. He is a perfect fit for his Gotham.

I just don't want to see a comic-book movie. The first two were crime-dramas more so than comic-book flicks. This series is the first of its type to escape being simple pulp entertainment, and I'd hate to see it sink into that. But since Nolan is, in fact, at the helm of this one, I don't see that happening.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeJacob View Post
    I seriously doubt we'll be seing Killer Croc in Christopher Nolan's Batman. I don't see him deviating from his promise of the series always being rooted-in-reality here. Clayface could be done, in the same vein he brought Scarecrow to the series, but I just don't see a way to get Killer Croc into a realistic Batman universe. I don't think Croc is too believable regardless of what is done. Also, I don't see what facet of society can be analyzed through killer Croc's character... at least with the biting ferocity of the first two.
    Killer Croc was born with a deformity that made him look reptillian. As such, he was hated, shunned and feared, eventually working as a carny. Croc, handled properly, is the perfect vehicle for an anti-discrimination message.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

What about Man-Bat?

He could be just like Batman except with maybe more weapons and something to make him fly.
    PM Me and I'll register your 3DS FC 2707 1776 0987
    I also need a Magmar or Helioptile Friend Safari.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Catwoman for sure will be there. With Rachel gone Bruce has no love interest.

Also... well, in the Batman Animated Series they had an episode which showed the three main batman villains. Joker, Two-face, and Penguin. Penguin will probably make an appearance, though I wouldn't say no to Poison Ivy.

Also... If this movie introduces Robin, then we may get a Tony Zuko plot going as well.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Killer Croc was born with a deformity that made him look reptillian. As such, he was hated, shunned and feared, eventually working as a carny. Croc, handled properly, is the perfect vehicle for an anti-discrimination message.
    Nolan doesn't do sappy he's-bad-because-people-hate-him-because-he's-different stories, though. He doesn't do compassion. There are plenty of anti-discrimination flicks out there... to the point that each new one is a cliche before it is even written.

Blog Entries

Riddler would really be one heck of a villain, especially in a Nolan Batman film. Other than him I can see only Penguin showing up but idk.

Blog Entries

The director stated he wanted these adaptations to be more believable and realistic that the comics, and because of that he has flat out stated that he wouldn't be doing Penguin.
    If he won't do Penguin for being to out there, I guess this would also count Bane, Freeze, Killer Croc, Clayface, Man-Bat, and Ivy out of the subject.
    They could do Cat Woman, but after that awful Cat Woman movie a few years back most fans are asking they avoid it.
    Mad Hatter is a possibility, but with the recent Alice movie, they would probably try to stray from that (not to mention Joker has already taken the role as the greatest crazy villain in any Batman movie ever, why try to top it).

All said and done, because of all this, I have my money on Riddler or Harley Quinn.

It is also worth noting that somebody working on it was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "People should stop associating characters with their actors." This could be a hint that maybe, although Ledger is dead, Joker might still be alive and kicking.

Blog Entries

Where the hell is Penguin NOT realistic? Penguin is the MOST realistic of the main rotation villians. Like I said, he's just a kingpin with a deformity and a bird fixation. It's 100% realistic.

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Where the hell is Penguin NOT realistic? Penguin is the MOST realistic of the main rotation villians. Like I said, he's just a kingpin with a deformity and a bird fixation. It's 100% realistic.
    What I put in bold is probably one of the biggest reasons we aren't going to see Penguin. He just isn't too interesting. With the wealth of villains in the Batman universe, there is always an alternative to someone as boring as he is.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Maybe it'll be Hush. That'd work with Nolan.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    I never said he wasn't realistic, I said the director said he wasn't realistic. Noland was quoted saying he won't do Penguin, so I would assume that Penguin is out.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but it's a silly statement for him to make for the reasons I listed.

And Jacob, he'd fit right in with the mob plots.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know much about the comics, but I agree that that Hush character sounds interesting. He's not super natural and I remember reading he fights with like scalpels and stuff which sounds pretty awesome.

Plus, irc, his story arc involved the Riddler which, as we all know, will be played by Eddie Murphy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast