Heroes Season 4 Discussion - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Heroes Season 4 Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Heroes Season 4 Discussion

Last week's episode wasn't bad. But this week's was great. Sylar fighting for his humanity (of all things), Hiro fighting for his life (against Adam, at the edge of the mythical white light. Bit on the nose, but still nice), and Samuel losing his one tie to humanity. Still seems like things are just drifting along, though. Every time they seem to be closing in, they then drift apart again. Hope we see some cohesion before the season ends.

I liked both last week's and this week's episodes, this week especially though.

It seemed to drag on a bit with some of Samuel's scenes where he kept going on about the past with his girlfriend but, of course, by the end I saw where they were going with it. Hiro's trial was good, it was great seeing Adam and Kaito again, but the ending became very predictable as soon as I saw Hiro's mother. I'm interested to see where things go with Sylar, he's trying to redeem himself, but is he really going to go through with it? Samuel at the end was just, wow. He's gone psycho, and it seems to be building up to the season finale in a pretty epic way.

Also, I really hope the writers get out of the pattern of threatening to kill someone off and dragging it on, only to keep them alive at the end. It's getting old, if you want to add suspense, there are other ways to do it than reusing the same trope over and over.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I did like last week's episode even though I didn't post (it mainly because I didn't feel like I had anything important to say) but yes, this episode I liked a lot better, it seems like next week's episode will be even greater than that as well (I was getting the old season 1 chills with the preview). I thought Hiro's story was a really fun campy thing for this episode, and I mean that in a good way. I believe I was more on edge than normal because of the rumors that he was considering leaving the show and his last episode may be around now, but I'm happy and hoping this was a way of shoeing off the rumor (also kinda like a nod to say "Calm-down fanboys" with what his mom said at the end. I just really liked it, it was fun, campy, and really felt like a comic-book thing to do. (Although the hospital parts were feeling a bit much like a hospital drama)

I also liked Claire's story and her speech to Sylar, I still am not sure about him being a good guy... I admit he is more fun as a psycho-killer wild card (as long as the real villain always has the edge over him)... I'd also prefer Peter to power-up to give balance rather than Sylar power down. That part doesn't make as much sense to me... but I'll give the writers benefit of the doubt that this is about more than character balancing.

Still, Next week's... I don't think I can get more anticipated for it!

Blog Entries

Missed half of last week's episode, and I'll probably miss a good chunk of next week's. Makes me so glad that tonight's was as good as it was. Seeing how Noah got started, seeing Sylar feeling a need to redeem himself, and Samuel going off the deep end. Just wondering how Hiro and co. are going to fit in (unless that's part of what I missed last week) and if Matt will play a part.

Very good episode tonight. Need more like it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

I thought it was one of worst episodes ever.
    PM Me and I'll register your 3DS FC 2707 1776 0987
    I also need a Magmar or Helioptile Friend Safari.

Blog Entries

Care to elaborate?

I don't watch it on a regular basis, but I am watching it right now. Does Noah even have a power?

I claimed and !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    It was boring, the entire episode was just a filler that explained things we didn't need to know I and Clear reactions were the same every time, she's shockedc that she was never told about Noah's former life dispite the fact she wasn't told she was adopted.

I didn't bother to watch the Sylar and Peter plot it was pretty boring also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingMagnezone View Post
    I don't watch it on a regular basis, but I am watching it right now. Does Noah even have a power?
    Nope. Not every character has a power (though, this season, there are fewer non-powered individuals than in previous years).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler812
    It was boring, the entire episode was just a filler that explained things we didn't need to know
    That's really an opinion, though. By exploring this detail, we get a better idea of who Noah is and why he's like he is (something they'd never explained before. It was always just him working for the Company).

I and Clear reactions were the same every time, she's shockedc that she was never told about Noah's former life dispite the fact she wasn't told she was adopted.
    Just because she's been surprised before doesn't mean she can't be surprised again. True, she probably shouldn't have been AS surprised as she was that he was hiding something, but who would consider the possibility that their parent had a completely different family before their current family?

I didn't bother to watch the Sylar and Peter plot it was pretty boring also.
    Like the Noah revelations, it was character development. We got a look at how Peter needing Sylar hasn't affected his hatred over Sylar killing Nathan. But we also got to see a much calmer Sylar who appeared to be remorseful, likely because of his time AS Nathan.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

If this was an Anime, they would be getting ready to kill of Noah, I'm not so sure though, if that'll happen. I liked the episode, but it does feel like something is missing from the past, maybe it is because the characters are settling down. I still think that much is great, though, I'm hoping that what ever happens gets some big shake up next season, not among the cast but maybe a new cast.

I will point out something, it kind of bothers me that clair had that injury on her neck still, unless it is suppose to be because of traces of the bullet or something.

I did like it enough though, it just did seem like it was missing something for being the set up for the season finally.

Blog Entries

This is why I didn't bother to ellaborate in the first place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    If this was an Anime, they would be getting ready to kill of Noah, I'm not so sure though, if that'll happen. I liked the episode, but it does feel like something is missing from the past, maybe it is because the characters are settling down. I still think that much is great, though, I'm hoping that what ever happens gets some big shake up next season, not among the cast but maybe a new cast.
    Next season's chapter title (I don't think it's been confirmed there WILL be a next season, though) is rumored to be called "Brave New World" (which is interesting, since Samuel's hoping to bring about a "brave new world").

I will point out something, it kind of bothers me that clair had that injury on her neck still, unless it is suppose to be because of traces of the bullet or something.
    Yeah. Though I'm HOPING it was just supposed to be blood that spilled BEFORE she healed.

So Noah was saved, saw that coming, didn't know how it would happen but I knew it would happen. The conclusion to the Hiro/Charlie story was sad but fitting. The final showdown was weak, Peter's lack of multiple powers made for a pretty meh push-the-dirt-back-and-forth fight, which, in the end was just about holding Samuel off until Hiro could get everyone out of there.

At this point, I'm pretty certain there'll be another season. Hitting that magic number of 100 episodes is too much for NBC to pass up, and the end even had a preview of the next season. Speaking of which, I don't know what to make of that. Having specials revealed to the world seemed a bit shark-jumpy, but at least it takes the story in a new direction. Maybe it's just because it's not what I expected while watching the episode. I was expecting a season about forming a new company and possibly creating the new world promised to the carnies.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

AUGH! Let me tell you what was wrong with this episode!

1. Noah isn't a quiter
    2. Sylar isn't a hero
    3. Sylar is perfectly capable of throwing off Doyle without harming him. He's done it before.
    4. Why could Samuel not use his powers when Peter, Sylar, Doyle, and Emma were still around him but could when only Joseph, Hiro, and Lydia were?
    5. WHY DIDN'T THEY TRY TO STOP CLAIR!?!?! You know, Peter, Sylar, and Hiro could have!
    6. Why did no one respond to Edgar being there? To their knowledge, Edgar killed Joseph!

This finale was rushed, and ill-thought out. It didn't consider continuity of the show (seriously, another wife. Yeah, that makes sense), a lame Earthbending fight, and the Charlie arc... OH MY GOD, what was the point of the Charlie Arc if Hiro wasn't going to get her? They may as well have just left her to die. What was her purpose? AUGH! this finale hurt.

Oh, and again, character demonstrate that somehow they can travel from point A to B at any speed they want.

AND SYLAR IS NOT A HERO! They tried to make him good in season 3. It didn't work. How to you mess up Sylar's character? He is a psycopath who likes stealing powers. IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO DO!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I really liked it. My biggest complaint was something Jeff mentioned: The Samuel/Peter "fight." Seemed a tad anti-climactic to have two characters whose powers have, at one point in time, been boosted by their proximity to others with powers just...pushing a little dirt around. Could have been bigger, but I guess that would have killed the need for Claire to do what she did.

The Charlie/Hiro thing was good. Like Jeff said, it was fitting. Allowed the writers to wrap that up in a believable manner while not tying Hiro to Charlie.

Sylar turning good. Eh. We sort of saw that last season, didn't we? While I like the idea of him trying to redeem himself, it just seems like an attempt to justify keeping him around. But at least he's not sticking around as a villain. Leaves the door open for someone new.

Claire revealing them to the world: I liked it. Hiro, Peter, and Sylar not stopping her could easily be a matter of them finally wanting the secret out (makes the idea of Danko's group existing again less likely, as people are now going to be aware of them disappearing). Finally allows them to start trying to live normal lives without having to hide who they are. I see how it can feel like they're jumping the shark, but it's something that really NEEDED to happen at some point. You can only have so many mysterious nuclear explosions before people realize something's up (or else you're dealing with an EXTREMELY stupid populace. Though it might have been more interesting to see an outsider leak the evidence and use that as the impetus to have them come forth).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh!
    and the Charlie arc... OH MY GOD, what was the point of the Charlie Arc if Hiro wasn't going to get her? They may as well have just left her to die. What was her purpose? AUGH!
    To show that he couldn't solve every problem with time travel. It set up boundaries, showed his limitations and showed that, ultimately, he wasn't going to be able to save everyone. And, by showing her happy, it meant you didn't have to deal with Hiro feeling guilty any longer (as he has since she was taken). It allowed him to know peace and still brought her story to a convincing conclusion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast