Heroes Season 4 Discussion
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Season 4 Discussion

Default Heroes Season 4 Discussion

Yet another season, and yet more mysteries. We get villainous Travelers, the fate of many of the heroes laid out for us, and a few new cast members. And, as always, a Sylar sub-plot.

I gotta say...this episode was okay. Did a good job of laying out the plans for the season without getting too complicated or leaving the new characters dangling. Didn't real get me engaged, but it didn't bore, confuse, or make me smack my head as a result of bad writing. And I loved the math teacher reading Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies. Nice little geek reference.

I kinda like the Sylar sub-plot, but the Matt/Sylar thing is a little too Onslaught-y. Hopefully this season doesn't end with Matt's son putting the rest of the heroes in some pocket universe symbolized by a ball he carries around. And William (was that his name? I just realized I never paid too close of attention to his name) seems a tad bit like the Heroes' version of Magneto. Not necessarily bad. Might provide a stable, guiding force. Definitely going to be an interesting ride...or so I hope.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Default Re: Heroes Season 4 Discussion

Ha! Lol, I was thinking the same thing about the Magneto-like character. I guess I should be happy as I got what I wanted, but I agree that it was merely ok. The fights were actually pretty cool though (Pun not intended, but particularly the fight with the new guy and Niki), it just felt like a typical summer movie. I'm not disappointed, I had fun, but it wasn't as racy and stressful as it usually is. I'm not sure if it is the DBZ effect or what, but I still feel like they are going to bring the real Nathan back, for example. (Maybe he'll be like Archangel, and return as some kind of bio-modified killing machine)

I thought it was interesting though, just nothing blew me away. I'm also bad that they didn't make Niki a main villain, I think that would have made a weak season.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I was interested in the carny guys. Obviously they are villains and you are right, Samuel is very much Magneto. I'm interested to see where they go. And what the heck is with that compass? Actually... what the heck is Samuel's power? Maybe he really is magnetic and is straight up Magneto...

I found the Sylar thing interesting because Sylar is slowly converting Matt down the dark side. Frankly, if we can't have real Sylar, we should at least have him in some form.

Nathan... wow, he's messed up.

Tracy and Noah... teaming up... yeah, that'll be interesting.

I was actually surprised to see Danko alive. I thought he had died.

Hiro. Wow. Does he have a brain tumor? Because that means he's going the same route as Charlie... Whaaa! We love Hiro!

Peter. Needs a life. But it's nice to know he's using his powers for good. I think this might be the season that Peter drops that idiot ball he's been holding.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I thought his power (Samuel) was that he could control tattoos like Shikimaru controls shadows, or something...

...but then again, that doesn't explain the time traveling... maybe it has to do with consciousness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    I thought his power (Samuel) was that he could control tattoos like Shikimaru controls shadows, or something...

...but then again, that doesn't explain the time traveling... maybe it has to do with consciousness.
    he got sent back in time by another guy.

I'd be willing to agree about the tattoos, if it weren't for the fact he closed a freaking grave with his mind. So I don't know.

Also, I wonder where they're going with the "Claire's roommate death" plot.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Wow... just wow. I really don't know what to say, considering that this show so far makes less sense than last year. Though I was kinda right about Danko dying, just wasn't sure on how or why. The fights were pretty good, though I thought it was a little weird with the speedy knives thing.

And Tracy, yeah, thanks writers, another character that can't freaking die. I still don't believe that her power is freezing, it's more like water mimicry.

And the whole circus thing was weird. I mean, does he have terrakinesis or that weird paint ink thing? And how does he know what Hiro wants to change in the past?

All in all, it was okay, just very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ino-chan View Post
    And the whole circus thing was weird. I mean, does he have terrakinesis or that weird paint ink thing? And how does he know what Hiro wants to change in the past?
    The girl seems to have some sort of...telepathic, maybe even omnipathic ability. Samuel seems to either be a telekinetic (would explain his ability to move the ink and the dirt), or terrakinetic (with the ink being some substance that would allow him to control it). Likely, she's pumping information into his head and influencing his manipulation of the ink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuutakesh!
    And what the heck is with that compass?
    I'm thinking it only responded to Peter because he has an ability. Maybe it's some sort of detection device, or possibly leads to something connected to the origins of their powers.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Matt might just end up in loony bin this season

Just like Nicki remember that guys?

I'm pretty glad we didn't have Suresh appear in this episode hopefully he won't appear again.

My friend who is also a fan of heroes thinks Clair's roomate got killed by that girl she was hanging out with.

My friend who is also a fan of heroes thinks Clair's roomate got killed by that girl she was hanging out with.
    Another evil Lesbian plot, methinks.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Another evil Lesbian plot, methinks.
    That's actually what I and about 5 others think sadly.

Edit: On Samuel's power:

Using his ability, he buries the coffin of his brother Joseph. He is seen again later, with his associate Lydia. He pokes her with a long stick and ink floods into her skin. After she gives him information on Danko, he sends Edgar to 'go get the compass,' once again using his ability to make him do so.
    Last edited by Ino-Chan; 23rd September 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow AJW12777 on Tumblr Visit AJW12777's Youtube Channel

I didn't get to watch much of this on Monday. Too busy flipping between this and House.
    Proud Claimer of Azumarill!!!!
    http://azuzusthings.tumblr.com/ <-----My Tumblr page :]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KollinNaples <------My Youtube page :)

I think this season needs to get dark. Kill some characters like Mohinder off please. I don't find any actual use for Mohinder. He is not relevant no more. Keep the carnies around please. Who doesn't like carny metahumans?? Samuel's ability, I think, is pretty intriguing. He controls earthly-based materials and minerals. Plus, the mystery of his brother, adds some depth. Lydia's empathic ability makes me think she will help the heroes and leave the carny folk. Ray Park is going to be the #2 to Samuel.

So...not much happened. Samuel made contact with Peter. Sylar can screw around with Matt's mind. Claire's got a new roommate and confidante. And we got introduced to the Heroes version of Dazzler, who just happens to be a sort of Dazzler/Beethoven combo (I love the light-from-music power-set...so ten bucks says she's dead by the end of the year. And why do I suck at picking up on the names of characters?).

Not a bad episode. Just...a lot more setting things up with nothing really HAPPENING.

Blog Entries

augh, spoiled. Leaving!

Blog Entries

3 dollars that Mohinder isn't in the next episode.

Wow, three episodes in, and we haven't seen him. Please tell me he's gonna die off. Also, the new deaf-girl thing is just making my head hurt.

And Sylar does have a power, just not his own. Geez, I was hoping for the whole "Dead girl body" was going to happen, but noes.

Didn't the writers say that season three was too confusing, and that they were going to try to make it a bit less?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast