Have you ever met a celebrity or a famous musician/band before?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolce

Thread: Have you ever met a celebrity or a famous musician/band before?

Mörë kvlt thän thöv Kane Dunestorm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kane Dunestorm On Twitter Add Kane Dunestorm on Facebook Add Kane Dunestorm on Google+
    Add Kane Dunestorm on Linkedin Follow Kane Dunestorm on Tumblr Follow Kane Dunestorm on Flickr Visit Kane Dunestorm's Youtube Channel

Default Have you ever met a celebrity or a famous musician/band before?

Have you ever met a celebrity or a famous musician/band before? If so, who did you meet?

I'll start with myself. Within less than a year, I've met several bands and/or musicians all of which I met at concerts.

First off, last October, I met Nightwish at the meet and greet before their concert with Kamelot. This was after Annette Olzon left in the middle of the same tour and Floor Jansen (ReVamp) filled in for them. I printed out a picture they had taken earlier on in the tour with Floor in it and had them all sign it above their heads.

Next, in November I met Epica at the meet and greet before their concert with Alestorm and Insomnium, and got a picture taken with them as well as my tour poster signed.

Later that month, I met Eluveitie at the meet and greet before their concert with Wintersun and Varg, and got them to sign my tour poster. I didn't get a picture with them, however, much to my surprise, I got a picture with the one and only Jari Mäenpää of Wintersun, and got him to sign my copy of Time I.

Here's the CD he signed:

Afterwards, this past February I met Sabaton at the meet and greet for their concert, got my picture taken with them and got them to sign my copy of Carolus Rex (European Limited Edition). Joakim Brodén liked my 8-bit sunglasses by the way. :D He actually said he almost wanted to trade me. Yes, for his trademark aviators!

Here's the CD:

Later that month I saw Turisas and Firewind, and got the opportunity to take a picture with Robert Engstrand of Turisas after the show.

Then, at Paganfest earlier this month, there was a Meet and Greet for Ensiferum, who are my favorite band tied with Symphony X. Naturally, I couldn't miss it.

I got my picture taken with them, they signed my cd (that I had bought moments before) and handed out guitar picks.

The pick they handed out. I made a necklace out of it with plexiglass and guitar string.

Last but not least, my hall of fame. Note that all of these are signed.

What about you?

YouTube | Tumblr | Dunestorm.com
    I play Pokémon Y! My Friend Code is: 4983-5814-6366

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Have you ever met a celebrity or a famous musician/band before?

I live under a rock so I don't know a thing about celebrities, but when I was window shopping at South Beach, there was a huge photoshoot that blocked traffic and I think I saw one of the Kardashian sisters.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

I don't know if anyone else will consider any of these people or groups celebrities, but they are to me. I met Ted Dekker a few years ago at a book signing. And I've met Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype (twice), For Today, Sleeping Giant (twice), Gideon (twice), Mychildren Mybride, War of Ages, Serianna, Convictions, The Great Commission (thrice), A Plea for Purging, Hundredth (twice), Creations (twice), Close Your Eyes, Your Memorial, Gethsemane, As Hell Retreats, and Texas In July at various concerts over the past year and a half.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 22nd April 2013 at 07:57 PM.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My uncle is friends with Chris Campbell, bassist of Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band, so I met him once when I was really little and couldn't remember anything.

Perfect time to meet a cool person, huh? Sheesh.

I also saw Jack Hannah once, but I didn't talk to him. :S

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I actually did meet a wrestler named The Miz once late night at a McDonald's after going to see a recording of Monday Night Raw in Boston. Will say he reminded me of this guy named @Ebail; since they're both similar in personality.
    Ebail likes this.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Who am I? Where am I? JewelsVerne's Avatar

I met Good Charlotte at a concert years ago. I also met Obama at a rally back in 2008.

Soul Silver FC: 1335 6964 5411

White FC: 3525 9470 1419

White 2 FC: 5415 9061 5639

Registered User HoppytheCourier's Avatar

I don't think that you will find this all that impressive but, I met Craig/Wheezywaiter in Marquette after a Driftless Pony Club concert. He also signed my CD of his bands' new album.