Game was the idea of Game Freaks employee James Turner (UK)
- he's the 3D Graphic artist and designer of Vanilux-line and Vullaby.
- title went from inception to current status in about 1.5 years
- Produced by Pokemon game director, Masuda.
- Masuda comments on difficulty of starting non-Pokemon projects at the company due to the focus on Pokemon games.
- Game spent first 6 months being developed as a side-scrolling DS game
- Originally only had one playable character, but added more to allow for more variety in play styles. Now has 3.
- Thought hard about including Pokemon music as it may break immersion.
In order to stop the Noizido and their noise, Tempo and Tappy head to the Royal Kingdom of Symphonia to deliver the Legendary Wand, a wand that can rid Harmonia of Noise, to a HarmoKnight, who are the only ones capable of using the wand.
Tempo: Being trained by Master Woodwin. Goes on an adventure to find the Harmo Night to save Harmonia from danger.
Laila: Uses her harp like a bow and arrow to shoot far off enemies. Female warrior of Harmonia.
Jinbei & Symbi the monkey: Work together to defeat enemies.
Master Woodwin: A master warrior who has saved Harmonia before. Tempo's teacher.
Tappy: A tap dancing rabbit who accompnies Tempo on his jounrey.
Noizido: Aliens who have come to destory the harmony of Harmonia using noise.