Gravity Falls - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gravity Falls

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Gravity Falls

GF is very good! Although, the last few episodes aren't as good as they could have been. This show is really good when it moves away from science fiction.

I just saw Little Dipper. It's nice to see the book being used, and even having the mystery of the Mystery Shack finally addressed.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Today I saw the first episode of this show. It's been a while since I've watched a cartoon with intent of following it, and I was pleasantry surprised. So far it was a good mixture of pure fun, creativity and quirkiness.

backloggery ~ 3DS FC: 2595-2044-6030 ~ tumblr

I need to watch more but I'm in love with Maple so cute! :D

Blog Entries

Just watched Summerween. It was really an okay episode, but compared to the last episode, it wasn't as fun, funny, or memorable. It just goes to show why Mabel and Dipper are the stars as opposed to kids; Mabel's friends got really (no candy pun intended) stale. The Trickster wasn't as fun nor imaginative as the other monsters of the week, and I just sort of rolled my eyes at the whole thing.

But the LOLCats reference was pure gold.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think "Summerween" was far from "okay". I loved it. I thought Stan trying to scare those two kids was funny, since their whole "we've watched horror movies since we were, like, two years old" story is really common these days. xD

Blog Entries

Yeah, Stan is always good for a few laughs, even if the episode falls short. But I thought his funniest scenes were when they were buying Summerween props.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I haven't seen this show, but a few of my friends are into it, and so I think I should check it out.

This is on the regular Disney Channel, right? (i.e., I can find it on my fairly basic cable package?)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Ho-oh, ho! Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

I love this show. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Just watched Summerween. It was really an okay episode, but compared to the last episode, it wasn't as fun, funny, or memorable. It just goes to show why Mabel and Dipper are the stars as opposed to kids; Mabel's friends got really (no candy pun intended) stale. The Trickster wasn't as fun nor imaginative as the other monsters of the week, and I just sort of rolled my eyes at the whole thing.

But the LOLCats reference was pure gold.
    I thought the Spirited Away reference with the Trickster was pretty neat, but overall I agree, compared to past episodes it wasn't as enjoyable for me.

And seconding that as well. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbye Blue Monday View Post
    I haven't seen this show, but a few of my friends are into it, and so I think I should check it out.

This is on the regular Disney Channel, right? (i.e., I can find it on my fairly basic cable package?)
    Yep, new episodes are usually on Fridays at 9pm EST.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Yep, new episodes are usually on Fridays at 9pm EST.
    Good to know! It's nice that the basic cable cartoon channels are still creating shows that can appeal to both adults and kids beyond Avatar and Korra.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

I've only seen something like four episodes, but what I've seen I've enjoyed immensely. It's just a remarkably well-done show - clever, original, well-written... just a highly polished package all around. Definitely plan on watching more when I can.

Love this show. I especially love how some of the topics are for adults, e.g. killing. XD

What I love most is the art. I love shows that look clean-cut, crisp and generally well done, especially in 1080p.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

I've just started watching it, and it has promise. One of my favorite thing is the secret messages. I just love that kinda stuff, like Bloody GIR from Invader ZIM. The characters, plots, and jokes seem good too.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Ho-oh, ho! Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

And now that we're back from the hiatus, it looks as if new episodes will be coming every two weeks. And they'll have new writers on board for future episodes.

I loved Boss Mabel, and the first thing that came to mind for Bottomless Pit! was "Treehouse of Horror Lite".

Thank goodness the hiatus is finally over, I needed some more GF in my life.

I enjoyed Boss Mabel, though the paranormal plot felt a little tacked-on this time. The references to 80's corporate stereotypes were hilarious though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast