Gravity Falls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gravity Falls

50% loser & 50% Bad jokes Kay-Senpai's Avatar

Default Gravity Falls

does anyone here Like this show or am I the only one?

summary for this who never heard of it

The show concerns the adventures of 12 year-old twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose summer plans are ruined when their parents ship them off to their Great Uncle Stan in Gravity Falls, Oregon. "Grunkle" Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which overcharges unlucky visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.

but yeah my opinion is that this show is just great and it is prof that Disney can still make decent and quality cartoon if they get off their butts and actually do it
    not to mention that characters are all very likable and have a lot of personality

the characters

Dipper Pines the 12-year-old twin brother of Mabel Pines. Smart and conventional, armed with the book marked 3 he found which helps him with the mystery of the day. Dipper Pines can't wait to leave adolescence in the rear view mirror. A born adventurer at heart, Dipper can't sit still, and is always looking for the next riddle to solve. His scrupulous attention to detail comes in handy when he is off figuring out the mystery of the day , but sometimes his over-zealousness leaves others questioning his credibility. He is wise beyond his years, and his refusal to sit still when there are puzzles to be solved leaves him restless in everyday situations. Has a unrequited crush on Wendy.

Mabel Pines the 12-year-old twin sister of Dipper Pines. Based on the postcard she sent to her parents she seems to be a girly girl. Mabel Pines is a buoyant and energetic optimist who skips through life with a braces-filled smile and an assortment of extremely colorful knit sweaters. It is her outgoing personality and fearless curiosity that come in handy when Dipper needs help solving a mystery, even if she isn't always aware of it. Mabel lives in a world of pre-teen novels, and her fixation on finding her one true love occasionally lands her in sticky situations which ultimately require her brother's help. Still, despite the weirdness in Gravity Falls, Mabel is always a "glass half full" kind of girl.

Grunkle Stan, the great uncle of Dipper and Mabel Pines. He runs and lives in The Mystery Shack which is the world's most bizarre museum. Grunkle Stan is a gruff and miserly salesman who has finally managed to set up shop in a town with enough unsuspecting customers to sell his worthless knickknacks. His flair for showmanship is oddly hypnotizing, and thus he is able to make money by peddling the bogus trinkets and baubles in his store. His work ethic is mainly driven by his desire to make money, so when he's not generating an income, he's usually at home watching television,although he has sometimes counterfeited and stole money. Stan almost always wears a fez similar to that worn by Shriners and often speaks of the "boys from the lodge", who he claims "mistrust" him. Even though he sends the twins on unpredictable and outrageous errands, he always has their best interests at heart and loves them unconditionally. Despite his apparent 'Used car salesman'

Soos,the handyman at the Mystery Shack. A friend of Dipper and Mabel Pines, Soos is a portly and lovable manchild whose desire to be where the action is makes him an excellent resource for the twins when they need a ride about town.

Wendy, a cool, mellow teen who works at The Mystery Shack part time.

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Gravity Falls

I've seen almost all the episodes, and I've fallen in love with the show, it's very good, definitely high quality for one thing.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I should check this show out. The art style looks somewhat like that of Regular Show's.

I like the show too, but I only seen a couple episodes.

Follow mijuwott On Twitter Add mijuwott on Facebook
    Follow mijuwott on Tumblr

I've only seen a few episodes, but from what I've seen, I love it!!!

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

It's a excellent show, both in regular and Disney standards. This is one of the Disney shows that does NOT involve music and instead relies in what animation is. Every character is enjoyable, every aspect is enjoyable, and the animation is like Regular Show.

Very funny show. Watch it when possible.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Yes, I love this show! It's so funny, the characters are very likable and the animation is neat. I also have a liking for the background music, it has a different taste to it than what I've heard before in animation. Didn't imagine I would like something from Disney Channel this much!

y team

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    The art style looks somewhat like that of Regular Show's.
    That's what I thought too! 0_o

It's an interesting show. I love Mabel and Zeus.
    Llamas are nature's greatest warriors. is one of my favorite quotes in the show.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

I love this show, it has funny moments and is always cracking a joke!

Blog Entries

I've seen all the eps that have come out, and I love them. The show has lots of great humor that everyone can get. I've cracked up more then five times er ep. I also like how the plot seems to to be leading some where, and continually is everywhere.

What do you guys all think of the villains?

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

This is truly going down as one of Disney's classic cartoons of the 21st Century. Gravity Falls is really the best thing on television right now, taking animations greatest qualities, and turning old cliches on their heads with quirky twists. GF doesn't fall into any pits, and I always feel like I'm watching something fresh and inventive each time it comes on.

Gravity Falls combines elements of X-Files and Twin Peaks, my two favorite genre shows of all time, and crafts a memorable experience for kids and adults. The jokes and jabs never come off as redundant, and each plot is self-contained, but still referenced later. I honestly cannot praise this cartoon enough. In a time where so many screw ball comedies are on, like Adventure Time, this series, a disney series for god's sake, takes the comedy element and crafts it carefully to make it work. The jokes never feel forced, and the characters always seem genuine and real.

I love it. Disney has turned around a masterpiece. There just might be hope yet.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) meme 4 2012 Jesterman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I'm at the pizza hut, I'm at the taco bell, I'm at the combination pizza hut and taco bell.."
    u want the d

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'm really enjoying the series so far. The characters are fun, the stories are great, and the episodes (aside from episode 10) are sure winners. The only problem I have with the series is that the series has been moving away from the more mystical and fantastic settings it started with, and going into science fiction and technological. That's not too bad really (it was done moderately well in The Time Traveler's Pig), but the plot of Fight Fighters just didn't fit at all with the show's tone.

Least we're getting another Gideon episode next. That likely means we'll be seeing the books get some use.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries
    Follow Sailor Tay On Twitter

Mabel is adorable, just sayin'.
    Niji likes this.
    Tweet me.

10/22/11 - the day I came out as a transgender female. The next chapter of my life has begun...

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

I would watch it, it's coming to Disney in the Philippines (the country where I live) soon, but sadly, our cable doesn't have Disney Channel. Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb are the only good shows on that channel anyway so I'm not missing much. Or am I? Is Gravity Falls really that good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast