The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Page 4

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Character?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow

2 12.50%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

3 18.75%
  • Tyrion Lannister

4 25.00%
  • Jaime Lannister

1 6.25%
  • Ned Stark

0 0%
  • Arya Stark

3 18.75%
  • Bran Stark

0 0%
  • Sansa Stark

1 6.25%
  • Robb Stark

2 12.50%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Catelyn Stark

0 0%
  • Petyr Baelish

0 0%
  • Varys

0 0%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Joffles

0 0%
  • None of the above

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Great episode. I'm too tired to do a big review though. Loved Dany's scenes. Ok, maybe I was wrong about the other guy, but surely there's chemistry with this new guy? Inb4 someone tells me he doesn't have a penis.
    Not a eunuch this time, no. He looks like this in the book though if you're interested:

Loved Tyrion and Sansa's scenes. I'd be happy to marry Tyrion but when you look at the height difference between her and him, that can't be practical. Also the Joffrey scene was weird, out of the blue he's now sexually active? When did that happen.
    He might just have been showing her that even though she's now married to Tyrion he thinks like he can still mistreat her if he wants. I doubt he's even slightly interested in sex. I do doubt however that Tywin would tolerate Joffrey doing anything he threatened to do, and we all know Tywin is the real king, Joffrey just has the crown and the title.

I liked Sam and Gilly's scene at the end. The walker was pretty scary
    Yeah, the build-up with the ravens in the weirwood tree was pretty cool. The dialogue between Sam and Gilly is pretty nice, but so many of the conversations between characters seem to be resolving around class differences (Sam/Gilly, Jon/Ygritte, Tyrion/Shae). At least Sam and Gilly's convos aren't quite as obnoxious as Jon and Ygritte's. Also, I don't know if they made it clear that Sam used the obsidian dagger to kill the White Walker because of the lack of a close-up shot, but maybe it was obvious enough since they've showed it before I guess.

the unnecessary sex scene between Gendry and Melisandre. Aside from that, this might have been my favourite episode of the this season.
    Yeah I have no idea what that was all about. Thankfully it didn't last long. Never thought I'd ever be so pleased to see leeches being introduced to a sex scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    It was real strength of Tyreion's character to not bed Sansa. Felt proud of the wee fella.
    It was. In the book he had taken all his clothes off and told her to take hers off and was he quite into it though before deciding that he really wasn't though. He also made a whole speech about her maybe learning to trust him in time and that until then he would not share her bed. I was surprised they cut that little speech out, it would have been cool seeing Dinklage do it because it's not only him trying to convince Sansa that he's a good guy, but he's also a bit trying to convince himself that he is. Yes, I nitpick.

Mutha'uckas CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    Not a eunuch this time, no. He looks like this in the book though if you're interested:
    Was there supposed to be a pic in there?

Was there supposed to be a pic in there?
    Yes. You can't see it? Because I can :I

How about that?

Blog Entries

Yes. You can't see it? Because I can :I

How about that?

ⓕⓐⓑ Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Is that Xaro Xhoan Daxos? Must have missed that episode.

Speaking of missed episodes, @CrackFox; did Sky broadcast a new episode this week, or has my recording went all wonky?

Blog Entries

@Fab; No need to worry, they have skipped a week on us. We have to wait 2 weeks for episode 9 instead of the usual, 1 :/

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Blog Entries

@Fab; No need to worry, they have skipped a week on us. We have to wait 2 weeks for episode 9 instead of the usual, 1 :/
    Strange, any idea why? Ah well, at least we're still getting without waiting months.

Strange, any idea why? Ah well, at least we're still getting without waiting months.
    It's because of Memorial Day, I think.

Blog Entries

It's because of Memorial Day, I think.
    Ah, I see, yeah that makes perfect sense then.

Sarcasm? :Þ

If so, I'll explain better. Last season the ratings for the episode that was on a holiday was really low compared to usual. They don't want that to happen again.

Blog Entries

Sarcasm? :Þ

If so, I'll explain better. Last season the ratings for the episode that was on a holiday was really low compared to usual. They don't want that to happen again.
    No I was completely serious xD

Yeah I know shows can perform poorly on national holidays, so it's a good idea to push it back for when there are more viewers.

Blog Entries

I thought they were just being mean. Building the suspence because episode 9 is usually a biggy.

THE WAR ROOM
    Art tumblr

Everyone loves a good old wedding episode, don't they?

y team

Blog Entries

Wow, definitely the best episode, possibly of the last two seasons I would say. It was emotional although I wasn't a big fan of Robb or Cat so it didn't really make my heart race. The whole episode had so much packed into it and every scene was written well. I haven't read the 3rd book but I hope fans are happy with the way they depicated this episode because it was really well done. This is the first time I've actually been interested in Jon's scene for a while. Might be because he ran away from Ygritte :B

It had some funny moments in amongs all the horror. I loved and hated the fact that all the characters were so close to eachother. Jon being outside from Bran and Rickon, Arya just moments away from where the wedding was held. It was very well written. The deaths themselves were pretty full on but I suppose it all adds to the horror that they want you to feel. Glad Robb's wife is dead and hopefully Ygritte will soon follow. Overseas it was pretty basic stuff, it was emotional seeing how sad Jorah looked as he realised Dany's affection for the new guy. He looked like a sad puppy when he returned and Dany asked if he was still alive and not if Jorah was OK. I love Dany's attitude but it's getting a bit repetitive. Whenever someone delivers some positive news about her status upgrade she does that intense 'I have the power' smile and her scenes are over for another week. I mean, it's good but I want to see some scenes that aren't all about the goal.

THE WAR ROOM
    Art tumblr

Yawn.
    Blog Entries

O dear Lord, I consider Season 3 Episode 9 both the best (and yet the worst!(painfully)) episode I have ever watched. Fantastic writing and completely unexpected.. but man, did it rip my heart out. I'm not ready for this show any more ;_;

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast