The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Page 3

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Character?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow

2 12.50%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

3 18.75%
  • Tyrion Lannister

4 25.00%
  • Jaime Lannister

1 6.25%
  • Ned Stark

0 0%
  • Arya Stark

3 18.75%
  • Bran Stark

0 0%
  • Sansa Stark

1 6.25%
  • Robb Stark

2 12.50%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Catelyn Stark

0 0%
  • Petyr Baelish

0 0%
  • Varys

0 0%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Joffles

0 0%
  • None of the above

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

On the contrary, I really quite liked this episode.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    There's something a bit unsettling about how at ease Arya seems to be with the Brotherhood, not just her but Gendry as well. I know they seem to be trustworthy but after everything those two have been through, it seems a bit unrealistic for the two of them to be so nonchalant about going off with them.
    Well, when the Hound revealed her identity to the Brotherhood weren't exactly gonna let her waltz off were they. Some of them are ex-Stark men and they wouldn't just let her wander off to starve again. They will want to take her to safety, at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    There's something a bit unsettling about how at ease Arya seems to be with the Brotherhood, not just her but Gendry as well. I know they seem to be trustworthy but after everything those two have been through, it seems a bit unrealistic for the two of them to be so nonchalant about going off with them.
    Well, when the Hound revealed her identity to the Brotherhood weren't exactly gonna let her waltz off were they. Some of them are ex-Stark men and they wouldn't just let her wander off to starve again. They will want to take her to safety, at least.
    Even before that. Gendry especially was acting so blasé about the whole thing. Even making them armour.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    Even before that. Gendry especially was acting so blasé about the whole thing. Even making them armour.
    That is true. But maybe he just wanted to make some armour, because he hadn't made some in a while? He is a smith after all, and they seem to appreciate his talents, and he in turn feels kinda appreciated I guess. That's how I interpret it anyway.

I do wonder what's gonna happen to him though, since Melisandre told Stannis she was going to search for "kingsblood" and that would lead her to Gendry I think. Especially since Thoros of Myr and the Brotherhood serve the fire god like her.

Blog Entries

I really hope they kill that little prick Joffrey soon. I would just love to slap him across the face.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    She wear burqa for fashion
    - Lady Gaga

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    I really hope they kill that little prick Joffrey soon. I would just love to slap him across the face.
    I'm pretty sure everyone shares that sentiment. I think he's good for the plot. He's the obvious bad guy and losing him would make a lot of people's storylines, redundant. I can't see him going anywhere just yet. Nor do I want him too.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure everyone shares that sentiment. I think he's good for the plot. He's the obvious bad guy and losing him would make a lot of people's storylines, redundant. I can't see him going anywhere just yet. Nor do I want him too.
    I guess you're right.

One of my close friends wants to cosplay Joffrey. I told him that he is nuts. (He did admit that he thinks that Joffrey is a jerk - he's just doing it because he looks like Joffrey.)

Joffrey getting all that power is what made me dislike Game of Thrones. Believe me, Joffrey scared the living shit out of me. I actually stopped watching Game of Thrones a few months ago because Joffrey gave me bad dreams. My brother told me that I don't have to watch Game of Thrones if Joffrey frightens me. He'll tell me when Joffrey dies.

I feel very sorry for Jack Gleeson. I hope he hasn't gotten any hate mail because of his character. Some fans do take it the wrong way, and for this character I can see why if they do. Joffrey is a very unsympathetic character. I've seen people compare him to Draco Malfoy. But Draco does have positive qualities - at least he is capable of having real feelings despite his arrogance. There is nothing redeeming about Joffrey. I don't normally get scared of fictional characters. But Joffrey is an exception.

I've never read the book, so I didn't know what to expect.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    - Lady Gaga

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Well, that was pretty funny. He's actually not as scary when I don't hear his voice.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    - Lady Gaga

Blog Entries

I've seen people compare him to Draco Malfoy. But Draco does have positive qualities - at least he is capable of having real feelings despite his arrogance. There is nothing redeeming about Joffrey. I don't normally get scared of fictional characters. But Joffrey is an exception.
    In terms of Harry Potter characters, I'd compare Joffrey to Dolores Umbridge, since both are nasty sociopaths.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I've seen people compare him to Draco Malfoy. But Draco does have positive qualities - at least he is capable of having real feelings despite his arrogance. There is nothing redeeming about Joffrey. I don't normally get scared of fictional characters. But Joffrey is an exception.
    In terms of Harry Potter characters, I'd compare Joffrey to Dolores Umbridge, since both are nasty sociopaths.
    Margaery's gran reminds me of Dolores. Everytime I see her on screen I think about that. I think it's the voice and fake niceties.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

My thoughts on Episode 5 - 'Kissed by Fire'

Blog Entries

Episode 05 review.

Over all, it was an ok episode. Not as good as last weeks, which also wasn't as good as its previous episode. I hope next weeks episode is more enjoyable.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

CrackFox likes this.
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries

Great episode. I'm too tired to do a big review though. Loved Dany's scenes. Ok, maybe I was wrong about the other guy, but surely there's chemistry with this new guy? Inb4 someone tells me he doesn't have a penis.

Loved Tyrion and Sansa's scenes. I'd be happy to marry Tyrion but when you look at the height difference between her and him, that can't be practical. Also the Joffrey scene was weird, out of the blue he's now sexually active? When did that happen.

I liked Sam and Gilly's scene at the end. The walker was pretty scary. Hmm, what else? Arya and The Hound's scene was well written. Short and sweet. Everything else bored me a little, especially the unnecessary sex scene between Gendry and Melisandre. Aside from that, this might have been my favourite episode of the this season.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast