The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Page 2

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Character?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow

2 12.50%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

3 18.75%
  • Tyrion Lannister

4 25.00%
  • Jaime Lannister

1 6.25%
  • Ned Stark

0 0%
  • Arya Stark

3 18.75%
  • Bran Stark

0 0%
  • Sansa Stark

1 6.25%
  • Robb Stark

2 12.50%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Catelyn Stark

0 0%
  • Petyr Baelish

0 0%
  • Varys

0 0%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Joffles

0 0%
  • None of the above

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

I voted Arya even though she's my second favorite. I thought my number one would already have decent votes, but they have none! lol

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

Number one being Dany?

Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

My thoughts on the newest episode S3:E02 - "Dark Wings, Dark Words".

Blog Entries

My review of the second episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Jojen and Meera were interesting. I thought I wouldn't like them when I saw promo pics, to be honest when I first saw them I thought it was some kind of young Theon x Asha scene. Then I remembered that wouldn't make sense but holy crap! They look so much like a young Theon and Asha!!!!
    Now that you say it...they really do :I

Sansa's lying and reluctance to tell the truth about her treatment did annoy me early during the series and especially whilst reading the books. But if you think about it, it's really hard to blame her. She's already been betrayed and hurt by the Lannister family before, so she tries not to give them any reason to hurt her again. This involves lying to Tyrion and initially the seemingly friendly Tyrells, because well, Tyrion is a Lannister and she hardly knows him like we do, and the Tyrells are now allied with the Lannisters so she's wary of them too. She does tell them about Joffrey though and they hardly seem to bat an eyelid about it.

Arya: Altogether pretty dull, just your standard meeting weirdos on the road situation. The hound has outed her but I doubt she'll be harmed. He'll probably protect Arya like he did Sansa.
    Nah, I think you're a bit confused there about the weirdos. They're the Brotherhood without Banners, and they hate the Lannisters and protect the weak during the war. Think of them as the Sherwood gang from Robin Hood. So they wouldn't harm Arya just because they know who she is. And even if the Hound would somehow want to protect Arya, she probably wouldn't accept his help because well, he killed her friend (the butcher boy) and she includes him in her "hate prayer" of people she wants to die/kill.

I don't think Catelyn is remorseful of how she treated Jon exactly, as in being cold and non-motherly to him (she isn't expected to and in the context of the world she lives in, she has no real obligation to). I took it as her being ashamed of wishing him dead, because he was just a baby. The thing I had a problem with was when she mentioned that she was gonna beg Ned to give Jon a Stark name, because that really makes no sense at all from her position. Jon is slightly older than Robb, and making him a real Stark would mean him moving ahead of Robb in the line of succession :Þ

Number one being Dany?
    Very much so!

Blog Entries

Very much so!
    My avatar thanks you.

Blog Entries

Ok, review for episode 3. Meant to do this yesterday but couldn't quite be bothered.

Blog Entries

My thoughts on Episode 3 of Season 3 - 'Walk of Punishment'.

Watching with a friend who's always talking about Arya needing to get Needle back. I'm like, it's gonna happen! She still doesn't believe in the power of Needle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
    Watching with a friend who's always talking about Arya needing to get Needle back. I'm like, it's gonna happen! She still doesn't believe in the power of Needle.
    I must be senile but what happened to Needle, I forgot?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
    I must be senile but what happened to Needle, I forgot?
    Polliver took it, IIRC.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Yeah, Polliver, a Clegane/Lannister soldier, took it from her in Season 2. Seeing as he serves under Ser Gregor Clegane, who will appear this season, I have a feeling Arya may yet retrieve Needle.

Blog Entries

I'd rather see her be reunited with Nymeria.

Blog Entries

Episode 4 review.

I'm probably forgetting a few other characters and that was the problem with this episode. They packed too many characters into it and I felt like the individual scenes suffered for it. There was a bit too much going on. A good episode but I didn't enjoy it as much as last weeks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast