The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Character?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jon Snow

2 12.50%
  • Daenerys Targaryen

3 18.75%
  • Tyrion Lannister

4 25.00%
  • Jaime Lannister

1 6.25%
  • Ned Stark

0 0%
  • Arya Stark

3 18.75%
  • Bran Stark

0 0%
  • Sansa Stark

1 6.25%
  • Robb Stark

2 12.50%
  • Theon Greyjoy

0 0%
  • Catelyn Stark

0 0%
  • Petyr Baelish

0 0%
  • Varys

0 0%
  • Cersei Lannister

0 0%
  • Joffles

0 0%
  • None of the above

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

To pay tribute and discuss every aspect of the TV show. Use spoilers accordingly.

I started watching GoT a couple of months ago after being pursuaded too by @GatoRage; I've since become a big fan and watched both seasons. My favorite character is Jon because he's sweet and has the most interesting storyline. I also die of handsome everytime I see him. Personality wise, Tyrion is the wittiest and funniest character and he's pretty handsome too, not like the books make him out to be :I

The character I dislike the most is probably Cat, the way she treated Jon and her constant hagged, worrysome face just annoys me. I also hated her for kidnapping Tyrion. There's nothing redeeming about her but I suppose it's good to have a mix of characters you like and characters you don't.
    Last edited by Dolce; 11th April 2014 at 01:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Oh my god, you can't make me choose between Tyrion and Jaime.....but since this is about the TV-series, I'll go with Tyrion.

Anyway, cool thread is cool. Thanks CrackFox.

I'd like to remind people that this thread is about the TV-series, not the books, so DO NOT post book spoilers about future events that have not occurred in the series yet. It would suck for people who have not read the books but are watching the series to have their viewing experience ruined by spoilers.

^~^ Liu Min's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Watched the first two seasons. My favourite charter is The Imp, or Wee Man as I call him. I like him for his witty quips.

I think it's a pretty good show, but not my favourite HBO drama.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Blog Entries

Bumping this thread up because S3 starts tomorrow!

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

My friend came over to watch the S3 premiere (since I have HBO and he doesn't). I had to read a Wired article summing up the previous two seasons to figure out what was going on. I got most of it and I enjoyed it! I think I like Margaery and Dany best so far.

And OMG Richard Carlisle from Downton Abbey was in it! Is the show going to include people from every British drama I love? (Because Chris and Cassie from Skins were also in it last season, or so I heard.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

I don't watch any of those shows but it does have quite a few familiar British actors in. Also Margaery? I've never heard that before. She seemed nice in this episode but I think she's probably a bitch who just wants to be seen as this kind Queen. Tyrion's scenes were so harsh. Tywain deserves a slow death for what he said to him.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Well, as I said, I've only seen this episode. Everyone seemed to be loving her on Tumblr though.

The woman who played Margaery was also in The Tudors. She was Anne Boleyn, I think?

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Again, that's another show I haven't seen ^^'

99% of people will say that their favorite is either Jon Snow or Tyrion Lannister.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't watch any of those shows but it does have quite a few familiar British actors in. Also Margaery? I've never heard that before. She seemed nice in this episode but I think she's probably a bitch who just wants to be seen as this kind Queen. Tyrion's scenes were so harsh. Tywain deserves a slow death for what he said to him.
    I'm never quite sure what to make of Margaery to be honest. She is quite ambitious and obviously wants power. Yes, she does help the poor and hungry in King's Landing by giving out food sent from Highgarden, but it's easy to forget that it was the Tyrells who blocked the roads to the capital stopping food from coming into the city before they allied with the Lannisters. This isn't really mentioned in the show but I still suspect she and the Tyrrels may be doing this charity to get the support and favor of the populace and not out of their own good will.

Tywin is really harsh, but then again nothing Tyrion does will ever redeem him in the eyes of his father. Tywin loved his wife greatly. You can tell both because he hasn't remarried and because of his hate for Tyrion, who she died giving birth to. Tywin has always been a hard man, but when his wife died he pretty much lost all the warmth there was to him. The fact that Tyrion was born a dwarf only makes the matter worse to him, so he denies him his claim to Casterly Rock. The irony of it all, is of course that Tyrion is very similar to Tywin (more so than his favorite son Jaime), in that they're both cunning, can be ruthless when they have to and are obviously great leaders. Unfortunately Tywin can't see past Tyrion's "faults" to see this.

^~^ Liu Min's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Shame there was no Kingslayer in the opening episode, I'm loving the little arc of him and Brienne. Every episode I feel sorry for Sansa, torn from her family, few she can trust. Poor girl. Onion Knight is still great, glad to seem him again, along with the Carribbean Pirate guy. I like him, dunno why.

But the entire series worth in gold lies with The Imp, best character in the show. Really looking forward to seeing what he gets up to this season.

Quite a good opener, set the pace for the show and easily refamiralised viewers with the key plot points.

Edit - I'm gonna edit the title to note that spoilers will be present.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

I don't like Jaime but I do like the odd relationship with him and Brienne. Overall I thought this episode was well balanced. We got to see almost everyone and their secenes didn't feel rushed. Also to say winter is coming, i've never seen such a beautiful looking, summery episode.

Edit - I'm gonna edit the title to note that spoilers will be present.
    Good idea. I was meaning to do that myself when I saw the thread was picking up

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Season Three Spoilers Ahead

I think the reason we didn't get to see certain characters (Jaime, Brienne and Arya most notably) in the first episode is that they're spending more time on each character sequence instead of showing us a tiny piece of every single plot-line in each episode like in season 2. I am quite happy with this as last season's episodes often felt very choppy in terms of pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't like Jaime
    Your mouth says no but your heart says yes.

Blog Entries

Your mouth says no but your heart says yes.
    O u. He's growing on me a bit because of the whole Brienne dynamic but he will never be a heroic figure in my eyes. He's done too many unforgivable things.

Blog Entries

I looked at the top poll.

How could anyone like Cersei? She has the personality of a stepmother and she put her brat on the throne.

Blog Entries

How could anyone like Cersei? She has the personality of a stepmother and she put her brat on the throne.
    She's a good villain in a love to hate sort of way. In fairness the throne was always going to be passed down to Joffrey. I don't think she's entirely happy that he is king either but she certainly doesn't want to stop being in power.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast