"Figure it Out" returns to Nick for another round

Thread: "Figure it Out" returns to Nick for another round

Blog Entries

Default "Figure it Out" returns to Nick for another round

'Figure it Out' returns to Nickelodeon | PopWatch | EW.com

In a move that will no doubt evoke cries of sweet nostalgia from those crazy ’90s Nick kids (an occurrence I can confirm because I, in fact, celebrated as such), Nickelodeon is bringing back the hidden talent game show Figure It Out, almost 13 years after the show went off the air.
    The network, which brought back other ’90s favorites to TeenNick last summer, has ordered 40 episodes of the show, which will begin production in Los Angeles in April, a rep for Nickelodeon confirmed to EW.

Originally airing from 1997 to 1999 and hosted by Olympic swimmer Summer Sanders (who was no doubt the Angelina Jolie for 12-year-olds), Figure It Out featured a celebrity panel attempting to guess the hidden talent, skill, invention, or hobby of kid contestants whose random aptitudes ranged anywhere from the unimpressive (“I have a pet pig”) to the fascinating (“I drove a lawnmower across the country”). The celebs would ask Yes-or-No questions to the precocious youngsters in an effort to figure out all the words that complete a phrase listing the kid’s talent. The new celebrity panel will most likely include the network’s current roster of tween stars, but more importantly, I hope the new format invites Sanders as host and includes the same signature green slime that defined old-school Nickelodeon.

As a child of the ’90s, this is fantastic news, and only fuels my hope that we will ultimately be treated to reboots of some other old favorites. Double Dare? (Consider the slime!) Nick Arcade? (Consider the technology!) Legends of the Hidden Temple? (Consider Olmec!)

PopWatchers, how are you handling the news of this revival? Do you want to see Summer Sanders return as host? What other game shows would you want to see revived? And do you think Lori Beth Denberg was given the answers ahead of time?
    To reiterate, this is not simply taking the old episodes and re-airing them, which the The 90s Are All That! segment does. This is a full-blown revival of the game show, and will likely host the modern Nick cast, like Drake Bell, Miranda Cosgrove, Josh Peck, and so on.

Either way, my childhood is crying in jubilation right now.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Figure it Out" returns to Nick for another round

This looks like another attempt to try to please the 90's audience, which pretty much shows how selfish these nostalgia-blinded individuals are because it discourages the network from producing shows that are about the same quality as their shows in the 90s.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WOW. I vaguely remember that show.

I didn't really watch it back then, but at my very first overnight camp in '99 the counselors did a hilarious Figure It Out skit (one counselor was a bird lover and asked all questions about birds, another counselor was obsessed with paste and glue)

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    This looks like another attempt to try to please the 90's audience, which pretty much shows how selfish these nostalgia-blinded individuals are because it discourages the network from producing shows that are about the same quality as their shows in the 90s.
    Sad thing is, it doesn't seem that Nick is capable of doing so anymore.

This is certainly news to me. Then again, I'm a fan of game shows, so any show coming back from the dead is news to me.

I did watch this back when Nick GAS was still on a few years ago, and I will admit I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to see how well this'll turn out.