Favourite TV Theme Song
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite TV Theme Song

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Default Favourite TV Theme Song

There have been many classic television theme songs over the years, some of which are just as iconic as the shows themselves, but which ones are your favourite of all time?

I adore the theme song of the British Sci-fi comedy, Red Dwarf. There's something about the mix of the cheery lyrics and the music that creates a sense of wonder and adventure within me. It makes me want to head off into space and discover the mysteries of the universe, just like the heroes of show.
    Last edited by Bouffalant Herdier; 23rd October 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Who is this git?

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Default Re: Favourite TV Theme Song

All I can think of right now is sitcom after sitcom. Still, I'll try~

Boss Of Me by They Might Be Giants. When that song played as Malcolm In The Middle came on, my siblings and I really did run to the TV. I don't know why, but it felt so upbeat. :'3

Of course, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air needs a mention. I still know that entire song and if you sing a single line around my friends, most of us will loudly join in even in public.

I am the coolest kid

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits

~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc.~

is bafulous Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    All I can think of right now is sitcom after sitcom. Still, I'll try~

Boss Of Me by They Might Be Giants. When that song played as Malcolm In The Middle came on, my siblings and I really did run to the TV. I don't know why, but it felt so upbeat. :'3

Of course, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air needs a mention. I still know that entire song and if you sing a single line around my friends, most of us will loudly join in even in public.

I am the coolest kid
    You stole all my answers haha.

Opening theme - Sopranos - Woke up this Morning by Alabama 3, sets the mood and tone for the series from the get go. A moody, dark mid paced song that perfectly fits the moody, dark series.

Closing them - Fraiser - Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs by Kelsey Grammer. A light hearted jazz jingle that I think describes the show perfectly. The jazziness showing the elitism, snobbiness of the show and the nonsense lyrics show the the humour we find in each episode.

dank memes

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

That honour easily goes to the theme from Disney's Gummi Bears. If you're not familiar with the show, look it up. You won't be able to get that intro out of your head.

Also, I give honorary mention to "Run with Us" from The Raccoons. A rather curious choice to accompany a children's cartoon about the ongoing conflict between peaceful raccoons and a mercenary aardvark, it had an excellent hi-NRG pulse and surprisingly dark, foreboding lyrics. I believe it also shows up at the end of the film Hobo With a Shotgun, even more bizarely.

Ducktales, woo-hoo!

Not really a song, but I really love the opening credits tune to Six Feet Under. Look it up, it's amazing.
    Men In Black The Series had an awesome theme, too. Again an instrumental one. Now that I think about it, none of my favorite themes have lyrics in them...

y team

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Right now it's Today Is Gonna Be A Great Day by Bowling For Soup which is the theme song to Phineas And Ferb. Other than that song I love the themes to Roseanne, Home Improvement, The Little Mermaid series (which is a medley of Part Of Your World, Under The Sea & Kiss The Girl), Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and so many more classic cartoon themes.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I adore the theme song of the British Sci-fi comedy, Red Dwarf. There's something about the mix of the cheery lyrics and the music that creates a sense of wonder and adventure within me. It makes me to head off into space and discover the mysteries of the universe, just like the heroes of show.
    I would like this a million times if I could!

For me, also Red Dwarf, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Mighty Boosh, and lots of Pokemon openings.

From kids tv, Come Outside, Bear in the Big Blue House, Chucklevision, Albert the 5th Musketeer, Watch my Chops and Grange Hill. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

As far as the best opening in terms of soundtrack and visuals it definitely has to be Dexter. I watch it all the way through, every episode.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    I adore the theme song of the British Sci-fi comedy, Red Dwarf. There's something about the mix of the cheery lyrics and the music that creates a sense of wonder and adventure within me. It makes me want to head off into space and discover the mysteries of the universe, just like the heroes of show.
    Ironic really, given that the lyrics are about Lister's desire to escape his situation.

Tank! from Cowboy Bebop. I have no words. It's just that good.

I also always loved that latin choral intro from Mr. Bean (Ecce homo qui est faba, which literally means "Behold the man who is a bean"). The manic, self aware Freakazoid! intro was amazing too, and maddeningly catchy to boot.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Invader's Zim's theme is the best ever. Ever. Followed by the original Pokémon theme.

Blog Entries

Thank you for bein' a frieeeennddd - Golden Girls' theme. hahaha

And That 70's Show's opening song, and Frasier's closing song... also the NFL theme that plays before and during football games sometimes.

「GENESIS BLADE」 ScarletSky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The opening themes of CSI, CSI: Miami, and CSI: New York. They're WAAAAAAAAAY too catchy sometimes. I also liked the opening themes of The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

Blog Entries

I'm loving the The Big Bang Theory's. I can't sing it, but I like to bop my head to it. It's just so upbeat. And science-y.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Doctor Who, of course! And Pushing Daisies as weel.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Stargate SG-1, pretty much every Star Trek series (yes, even Enterprise), Home Improvement, M*A*S*H, Mork & Mindy, Animaniacs, Pokémon: Indigo League....yeah, I have a lot of favorites.

But my top two are probably "D-tecnoLife" by UVERworld and "Rolling star" by YUI, both used as opening themes for Bleach.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast