Eurovision Song Contest 2013 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2013

I'm genuinely surprised by how well Malta and Romania did. I adored both of their acts but I didn't think they'd get past about 30-40 points, to be honest.

~ Formerly known as Kaori ~

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

I'm still astounded by how well Armenia did. Still, in our house, we were cheering wildly whenever anyone gave the UK a point. We were just glad that Bonnie beat both Cascada and the UK's previous attempt. Also, 19th...Bonnie escaped the 20s! Yay! I am okay with this!

It was pretty obvious that Denmark would win, and their performing 18th was the final nail in the coffin, really. Still, I like the song. Rather that than a song of ill repute, or a repeat of last year (*coughEuGloriascough*). Now all they need to do is pick Herning as next year's venue, and I'll be content.
    Yeah, I write dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Elsewhere on the Internet, they call me TessHex. Partake, if you so choose, of my LPs, vlogs, Eurovision reviews, and other creative randomnesses on my YouTube channel.
    Oh, and I also run the Yourovision Song Contest.

Mutha'uckas CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised by how well Malta and Romania did. I adored both of their acts but I didn't think they'd get past about 30-40 points, to be honest.
    Same, especially in Romania's case. That was..an acquired taste xD

When I saw Malta so high on the leaderboard I got my hopes up a little. Same for Greece, I loved their song too.
    (*coughEuGloriascough*)
    I laughed so hard when Graham Norton remarked 'I know what you're thinking, Denise Van Outen has let herself go" I was thinking the same thing xxD

Blog Entries

It was nice to see Mr. Norton back on form this year, after his Wogan-ish commentary last year. The comment about Germany's song got all of us watching laughing out loud.
    Yeah, I write dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Elsewhere on the Internet, they call me TessHex. Partake, if you so choose, of my LPs, vlogs, Eurovision reviews, and other creative randomnesses on my YouTube channel.

Graham Norton damn near made that entire night for me. His commentary was so very British and cynical. I lost it completely when one of the representatives - oh, was it Hungary? - came to give the votes and he just went "is she by that bridge again? You shouldn't stay there, people will talk!". And don't get me started on the "and here we have a man on a box, a man in a box and a woman who really should've hemmed her dress." stuff. He was definitely back on form with the dry comments about it all.

~ Formerly known as Kaori ~

Blog Entries

Ah, yes-- and when Eric Saade offered to direct the participants to the toilets in the green room:
    "Don't, Eric-- that's how rumours start!"

I lol'd.

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

I loved the comment about the falsetto guy (Romania?) it was along the lines of "proof that just because you can do something, does't mean that you should!" i abslutely rolled on the floor at that.
    The whole thing had a great tone i think that right side acknowledging its own daftness, especially the woman pretending to be an Englishwoman from EBU

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked Denmark and Norway but because I am from Swden I wanted Robin to win. Then I did not like that he represented Sweden because the swdish people voted for another guy(Yohio the guy who gave points from Sweden). Anyway Robin represented us because a jury from other countries wanted him. The swedish people should decide who should represent them.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Blog Entries

If it's any consolation whatsoever, I really liked Yohio's Melodifestivalen song. I wanted either him or Ralf Gyllenhammar to represent Sweden, since Robin's song annoys me quite a bit. It reminds me of Albania's song last year, except a bit more tuneful.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    If it's any consolation whatsoever, I really liked Yohio's Melodifestivalen song. I wanted either him or Ralf Gyllenhammar to represent Sweden, since Robin's song annoys me quite a bit. It reminds me of Albania's song last year, except a bit more tuneful.
    Sean Banans and Yohio was best in Melodifestivalen.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Mutha'uckas CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I know they get a lot of stick but I was genuinly disappointed that Jedward didn't enter. I mean, their music career is terrible and doomed from the start, which makes them perfect for Eurovision :B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12