Eurovision Song Contest 2013
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Depending on your TV schedules, the first semi-final of Eurovision starts soon. Today for us Brits. What is your take on it. Do you follow Eurovision, do you back your country? This is a thread to discuss all aspects of this years show as well as previous years.

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2013

I usually watch it even if only for the fun of it.
    I have no confidence whatsoever in the UK entry winning this year even though i like Bonnie Tyler and i like the song

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashita View Post
    I usually watch it even if only for the fun of it.
    I have no confidence whatsoever in the UK entry winning this year even though i like Bonnie Tyler and i like the song
    Same here. I haven't heard the song yet but I don't think we've got a chance. Not nice to say but Bonnie Tyler is a bit too old for Eurovision, given that the winners are usually young, beautiful pop artists. The first Semi-final was disappointing. Not many good songs. My favourite was probably Belarus, although it was a bit trashy.
    I hope the next show is better.

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

I think this year has been the best for quite a few years though their insistance on using the opening beat of Euphoria at every possible opportunity (almost as if to say, "Yes, you're voting/finished voting/about to see a song, but HERE'S EUPHORIA! WE WON WITH THIS! REMEMBER US?!") is somewhat irritating.

Yesterday's semi-final was generally good, with the exceptions of Estonia (quite how that qualified I will never know) and Cyprus. Also, yay, the Netherlands finally made the final after 8 unsuccessful attempts! I'm so happy for them.

And I'm'a take this opportunity to quite blatantly back Bonnie Tyler. She's got an amazing voice and an amazing song, and, if her rehearsals are anything to go by, she's going to do the United Kingdom proud.
    Yeah, I write dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest.
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.
    I'm also looking for voice actors for Project LILAC. Find out more here.

Blog Entries
    Add Pokemoll on Facebook

I've watched Eurovision every year since I was young, and that won't be changing anytime soon. Though I absolutely adored Eurovision last year and the year before, this year's entries don't look half bad, and to be honest I think the UK do have a chance of winning. Sure, Bonnie Tyler may no longer be young, but she's still an absolutely gorgeous singer with a voice that'll do the UK proud.

Also, I enjoyed last night's semi-final a lot. I liked most of the songs, with Greece's being my favourite so far. I also quite liked Estonia and Finland's entries, plus the singer for Bulgaria was amazing.

Blog Entries

Last night's semi-final left me heartbroken. I still can't comprehend how Iceland and Armenia qualified, while San Marino and Bulgaria didn't! Bulgaria's artists, Elitsa and Stoyan, took Bulgaria to 5th place in 2007, and their song this year was even better! And as for San Marino, that was one of the fan favourites, and it placed 2nd overall in the OGAE voting!

...I still say this year is one of the best contests of recent history, though.
    Yeah, I write dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Blog Entries

I'm sad Romania didn't qualify :/

Semi-final 2 was much better than the first in my opinion. I can't wait for the final.

Blog Entries

Romania did qualify. They're performing in position 14 (after the Netherlands and before the UK) in the final.

I just remembered about this today. Time to spend all day watching a web feed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    I just remembered about this today. Time to spend all day watching a web feed.
    You have four hours of fun ahead of you :B

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Romania did qualify. They're performing in position 14 (after the Netherlands and before the UK) in the final.
    Really? My family was talking through the winners announcement so I must have missed it. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An offer you can't refuse The_Godfather's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow The_Godfather On Twitter

Default Eurovision and such

With Eurovision tonight, why don't we discuss what's going down in it tonight, what's been going down over the past 60 or so years, and how you're celebrating.
    First, a quick look back to 1995.
    The way to win is to sing...less. The Norwegian 1995 entry, Nocturne, had only 24 words in it and it won! The singer sings a bit, and then basically says 'I'll put you on hold now, so listen to this violin solo for two minutes.' Here it is:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd3a189vcVc
    She actually had time to pop around my house to use the toilet and still had enough time to get back and finish. It romped to victory in '95, with a smashing 148 points. That's a healthy 6 points per word.
    Last edited by The_Godfather; 18th May 2013 at 04:43 PM.

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

Default Re: Eurovision and such

Nocturne was the Norwegian entry that year, actually, and it's one of my favourite winners of all time. Also, the last non-English winner before Serbia's in 2007. And is it me getting déja-vu, or did I hear the second half of that OP on BBC Three's How To Win Eurovision the other day?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Eurovision and such

Just spreading Russell Kane's word. I thought that programme was rather funny, so I wanted to spread it.
    I would have put Anus in the Air in. BTW, do you know who did that 'tum dubba dum' entry for Cyprus? It's been bugging me.
    Last edited by The_Godfather; 18th May 2013 at 04:43 PM.

Haters gonna hate

Blog Entries

Well there we have it. Denmark won. Not at all my favourite song but it wasn't so bad I guess. I was hoping Greece or Malta would take it but I never expected that to happen. Glad they did well though. I knew the UK would do badly but I was surprised that Ireland came last xD

Blog Entries

I wanted Azerbaijan to win. At least they came 2nd.

Haters gonna hate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast