Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread - Page 22

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread

Hey, guys. So, I just saw Crash for the first time. I picked up on enough of it to believe that it is a damn good movie, but I didn't fully understand Don Cheadle's role. Can someone who's seen Crash explain it to me?

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

This chat being dead is a sad thing, who here agrees with me? :b

also hi everyone!
    IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

EDIT, just to clarify: The Q4 season--also known as the Christmas/Holiday season--is used to describe the months of October, November, and December (and sometimes January) where a lot of shopping takes place for major holidays like Christmas. Companies & music artists like to release new products or lower the price of their products during this time in order to take advantage of the profit they can make from wishlist shopping and things like that. The PS4 and XBox One, for example, would be a part of the Q4 season because they're taking advantage of Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping by being released around Thanksgiving in the U.S.

I'm wondering how people are feeling about the Q4/Holiday season this year? Are there any releases that you were/will be excited for?

Overall I think this will be a solid Q4 season, and I don't think I've been this excited for one in a while. I'm REALLY excited for the music that will be coming out during this part of the years--with Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Britney Spears all releasing major studio albums by the end of 2013, I should have more than enough songs to indulge in for a while. And Kelly Clarkson's releasing a Christmas album!!! Perfection~ <3

I've just gotten back into TV shows this past year, and I'm still sluggishly behind in terms of movies, so I can't immediately think of any DVDs/DVD sets I want that will be released by the end of the year. But in general I'm exciting to hop on the major sales that will be starting up soon to pick up some gems that I forgot to buy earlier. There are seasons of Scandal, Grimm and Teen Wolf that need to be owned on DVD. :) One movie I'm pretty excited to see, though, is Frozen. Disney movies have always been good at making me feel the feels, and I'm sure this one will be no different. Although I may have to wait until I can watch it on cable/via streaming, but we'll see.

And then there are video games/consoles I really want, but this isn't the place to discuss that. ;D

But yeah, Q4 impressions--DISCUSS!
    Last edited by Ice Ricky; 27th October 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter

At first when I saw Q4 I won't lie I thought it was some other show I didn't know jack squat about ahahaha. Though I admit, I'm not too heavy on the sitting down and watching things myself so anything movie or tv related rarely excites me, unless I know it's gonna be good.

So if anything, games and music my god this year as a whole has been great so far in those two aspects that I haven't been upset or disappointed in the slightest! Though then again I'm quite easily amused and have a ear for everything, but disregarding that I'm still eagerly awaiting Senran Kagura Burst for the 3DS. Any other games may have to wait till Christmas since I'm out of work right now. ;_;

And then there are video games/consoles I really want, but this isn't the place to discuss that. ;D
    Technically it is. :B

Kaori and I didn't want two separate chats for the forum as a whole. So game talk is fine. xD

Yeah, I added an explanation of "Q4" to my earlier post--I like to use the phrase "Q4 season" because it separates the shopping/commercial stuff from the associated (religious) holidays. But I guess more people know it as the "Christmas/Holiday season" sooooo that was a bad call on my part. XD

And I didn't know we could mention video games! In that case, the highest thing on my wishlist is Mario Party: Island Tour. There's also the Wii U deluxe edition that comes with New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, and I totally want that--I just have to save the money up for it first, haha.

We can also expand the discussion to talk about your favorite/not-so-favorite things from the past year, since 2013 is about to be over, like a 2013 recap or something! I agree--games and music were on point this year! 2013 was the perfect time to buy a 3DS, with first-party games like Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi Dream Team (Bros.), AND awesome second-/third-party games like Pokémon X & Y. And I was totally satisfied in terms of music--a lot of solid pop/dance/EDM songs that I enjoyed this past year, and there's still more to come! Overall I was a happy camper. :)

Blog Entries

Hi people on here! I thought maybe I might join your conversation, as I may add some knowledge to it... If that's ok with you all...

I personally myself haven't bought much, I do have pokemon X, and we did buy a 2ds, which is pretty good, although I have a problem with the design of the ds, but eh.

I however, find that this "holiday season" trend seems to also correspond with the starting of tv shows. Some shows have over october have started new seasons, such as my favorite, the big bang theory. Other shows, such as my new favorite The Crazy ones, just recently got their start over this "Q4" season. However, some shows will be starting up new seasons very soon as well, such as my obvious favorite MLP:FIM and the very widely popular show that I also enjoy, Doctor Who. So this also could contribute to TV shows, or even movies, such as Thor; The Dark World, That came in theaters recently. So I will add this, Does anyone here have any "Q4" Shows that they enjoy that have aired, or will be airing, that they would like to share with us? This is after all Entertainment, Inc., The hub for conversations about tv and movies!
    Last edited by Popper500; 20th November 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Popper500 View Post
    Hi people on here! I thought maybe I might join your conversation, as I may add some knowledge to it... If that's ok with you all...
    Aw, but of course! Everyone is welcome here! :D

I personally myself haven't bought much, I do have pokemon X, and we did buy a 2ds, which is pretty good, although I have a problem with the design of the ds, but eh.
    It does seem rather big since it doesn't fold right? xD So I can understand that.

So I will add this, Does anyone here have any "Q4" Shows that they enjoy that have aired, or will be airing, that they would like to share with us? This is after all Entertainment, Inc., The hub for conversations about tv and movies!
    Aw your so nice and helpful! <3 And I haven't watched a TV show in forever myself. I did enjoy MLP tho.

So if anyone has recommendations, I'll take them.

Oh yeah oh my lovely @Waifu; join in the fun when your around. :P
    Last edited by Dolce; 21st November 2013 at 08:03 PM.

Please please come and join us! :D

So I will add this, Does anyone here have any "Q4" Shows that they enjoy that have aired, or will be airing, that they would like to share with us? This is after all Entertainment, Inc., The hub for conversations about tv and movies!
    In terms of TV shows, I pretty much revolve around Revenge, Scandal, and Grimm right now. I would especially recommend Grimm; I feel like it's not getting the popularity that I think it deserves. And although there are some weird... quirks in the show (seriously, it's like the main character has never actually heard a fairy tale in his life), I really like it. Hulu is also posting new episodes of Misfits every week on their website. So sad that this is the last season, it's such a good show!

For movies, I mentioned Frozen already. Also, somehow I completely forgot that The Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes out this month (I think it comes out today, actually)! I'm obsessed with the series, and I can't wait to watch the movie when I have the time. Seriously, Hunger Games--Read it. Watch it. Consume it. SO GOOD. And I'm (slowly) working my way through the Marvel movies--I've seen Thor and Iron Man already, and I just watched Captain America about a week-ish ago. I have to watch the other movies to get caught up!

Blog Entries

@Ice Ricky, what is this, "Grimm" about? It sounds interesting. I have a soft spot for quirky shows, as I myself can be a bit quirky at times. I love shows like grim adventures of billy and mandy, (Any relation of this show to grimm?) Invader Zim, and anything that relates to my sense of humor. Heck, I don't watch many shows with actors, as I favor Anime and Manga, but I love big bang and The crazy ones too! So what is this show about?

@Ice Ricky, what is this, "Grimm" about? It sounds interesting. I have a soft spot for quirky shows, as I myself can be a bit quirky at times. I love shows like grim adventures of billy and mandy, (Any relation of this show to grimm?) Invader Zim, and anything that relates to my sense of humor. Heck, I don't watch many shows with actors, as I favor Anime and Manga, but I love big bang and The crazy ones too! So what is this show about?
    If you like Billy & Mandy and Invader Zim, I would actually suggest watching Misfits, a show from the UK that has the same type of humor, just WAY darker/more mature. Basically this crazy storm takes place in the UK, and now all these people have superpowers, but with a twist. I can't describe anything else without giving crucial story points away, BUT the whole series is currently available on Hulu for free! I think that show will fit your preferences better.

Unfortunately, Grimm is not like that at all, haha. Basically the premise of Grimm is that all the beasts/animals/supernatural beings, etc. described in fairy tales from the Brothers Grimm (and a few other fairy tale writers) are real--it's just that the only people who can actually see them are descendants of the Grimm family (everyone else sees them as regular human beings). The main character, Nick, is a police officer in Portland, Oregon and--surprise surprise--a Grimm descendant. And so Nick is now trying to balance his life as a law-abiding police officer and his life as a Grimm where laws don't always apply nicely. Something to note is that these supernatural beings both fear and hate Grimms, because Grimms tend to just kill these supernatural beings (to them, Grimms are the equivalent of the Big Bad Wolf), while at the same time Grimms have described/depicted most of these supernatural beings (like "big bad wolves") as evil, and so part of the show deals with Nick trying to "create peace" between these beings and him.

But yeah, I'd say watch Misfits instead. XD

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    Oh yeah oh my lovely @Waifu; join in the fun when your around. :P
    *blinks awkwardly* yes hello friends

Nah forreals I'm actually quite glad we have some fresh blood new additions to the conversation. Always nice to see new people around!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    Seriously, Hunger Games--Read it. Watch it. Consume it. SO GOOD.!
    *sobs quietly*

That entire series destroys me emotionally and Catching Fire was just too much asdfghjklsdfg I cried so many times and the casting was just so great and ugh every time I let my mind wander back to that series I have to watch what I can and read it all again and it just consumes my mind and destroys me emotionally for several weeks okay

Also hells yeah on the Misfits front. It gets pretty grim at times but is generally pretty hilarious if you have the type of humour it appeals to. I'd say it's worth a shot for anyone, really, though I'm sure there must be some people who will just hate it outright.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky
    For movies, I mentioned Frozen already. Also, somehow I completely forgot that The Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes out this month (I think it comes out today, actually)! I'm obsessed with the series, and I can't wait to watch the movie when I have the time. Seriously, Hunger Games--Read it. Watch it. Consume it. SO GOOD.
    Frozen maybe the only movie I have an interest in seeing honestly. Though you've reminded me I need to read Hunger Games....I bought the book decades ago yet I've haven't sat down long enough to read it. Though I take it that it's a good movie. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori

*blinks awkwardly* yes hello friends

Nah forreals I'm actually quite glad we have some fresh blood new additions to the conversation. Always nice to see new people around!
    <3

Blog Entries

If you like Billy & Mandy and Invader Zim, I would actually suggest watching Misfits, a show from the UK that has the same type of humor, just WAY darker/more mature. Basically this crazy storm takes place in the UK, and now all these people have superpowers, but with a twist. I can't describe anything else without giving crucial story points away, BUT the whole series is currently available on Hulu for free! I think that show will fit your preferences better.

Unfortunately, Grimm is not like that at all, haha. Basically the premise of Grimm is that all the beasts/animals/supernatural beings, etc. described in fairy tales from the Brothers Grimm (and a few other fairy tale writers) are real--it's just that the only people who can actually see them are descendants of the Grimm family (everyone else sees them as regular human beings). The main character, Nick, is a police officer in Portland, Oregon and--surprise surprise--a Grimm descendant. And so Nick is now trying to balance his life as a law-abiding police officer and his life as a Grimm where laws don't always apply nicely. Something to note is that these supernatural beings both fear and hate Grimms, because Grimms tend to just kill these supernatural beings (to them, Grimms are the equivalent of the Big Bad Wolf), while at the same time Grimms have described/depicted most of these supernatural beings (like "big bad wolves") as evil, and so part of the show deals with Nick trying to "create peace" between these beings and him.

But yeah, I'd say watch Misfits instead. XD
    Ok cool. I only have netflix, but I will be sure to browse watchcartoonsonline, and all the other cartoon distributing websites in search of it.

Ok cool. I only have netflix, but I will be sure to browse watchcartoonsonline, and all the other cartoon distributing websites in search of it.
    Ah, I guess I should've mentioned at some point that it's not an animated series, hehe sorry about that! I know you can watch the first two seasons on Amazon and all of the third season so far on Hulu, but those are your only options, unfortunately. :/ (At least, those are your only options legally. XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    That entire series destroys me emotionally and Catching Fire was just too much asdfghjklsdfg I cried so many times and the casting was just so great and ugh every time I let my mind wander back to that series I have to watch what I can and read it all again and it just consumes my mind and destroys me emotionally for several weeks okay
    There are very few books I can re-read without getting bored, and the Hunger Games trilogy are three of them. Seriously, every time I pick one of those books up, I just get sucked into the story again. I think one reason is those one-sentence cliffhangers that Suzanne Collins uses for every chapter. I don't even know how many times I've re-read the series at this point, but those cliffhangers get me every. single. time.

And I haven't seen Catching Fire yet, but I should be seeing it tonight if things go according to plan. So excited! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    Though you've reminded me I need to read Hunger Games....I bought the book decades ago yet I've haven't sat down long enough to read it. Though I take it that it's a good movie. xD
    !!!

I don't know what else to say except read the books and watch the movie. Like as soon as possible, haha!

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

There are very few books I can re-read without getting bored, and the Hunger Games trilogy are three of them. Seriously, every time I pick one of those books up, I just get sucked into the story again. I think one reason is those one-sentence cliffhangers that Suzanne Collins uses for every chapter. I don't even know how many times I've re-read the series at this point, but those cliffhangers get me every. single. time.

And I haven't seen Catching Fire yet, but I should be seeing it tonight if things go according to plan. So excited! ^.^
    That is exactly it for me. Somehow, despite the fact that I usually resent cliffhangers, hers just suck me in every time. Every time I reread them it's like I pick up on another part of the dynamic or the layers of events that occurred. I often think that unless you have really great memory and amazing mental processing you really do have to read them all a few times to properly appreciate it all.

Take tissues!!! You will get v emotional. I am literally barely recovered now like a week and a half later. But it's a really great film.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast