Is Duck Dynasty overrated?

View Poll Results: Is Duck Dynasty overrated?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This show sucks!

5 26.32%
  • Somewhat. It's okay, I guess.

2 10.53%
  • No! That show is awesome!

1 5.26%
  • I've never watched it, and I never plan to.

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Duck Dynasty overrated?

Default Is Duck Dynasty overrated?

Where ever you go, it seems you can't escape Duck Dynasty. The ads and merchandise are everywhere. But, does Duck Dynasty deserve this?

I've recently watched an episode, and I was not impressed. It was pretty boring and came across as pointless.

So, what do you guys think?

Default Re: Is Duck Dynasty overrated?

I agree... and here's the best part... Phil Robertson is suspended due to bad remarks to gays and blacks. I'll learn more and put it in the serious business thread.
    Coming soon... Vinesauce corrupts Pokemon! Join Vinny as he catches Pokemon like he'd never seen before!

This way leads to Argolis, but with the power you havepartxnbbcqalwxww
    un2MG0040114A10000 00010
    0_6j00 0 SWXUPLLXVHDMD B
    RYHYN

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

I think it's over-rated. I mean, I guess I kind of understand the appeal, but it's just not for me. It's not the worst show out there, far from it. There are plenty of horrible TV-shows out there, and I'd rather my family sit down watching Duck Dynasty than something stupid like half the shows on M-TV. I just think it's silly is all.
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

I see it a lot on commercials - to be honest, it doesn't capture my attention (and by my vote - to me seems kind of rude to vote and not comment) so I don't have any plans on watching it. I have family members who try convince me to watch it. Seeing the commercials it looks kind of boring. I might end up watching an episode or two just to see why others love it.
    Last edited by Playful_Weasel; 21st December 2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

I can't really comment as I've never bothered to watch an episode. It's definitely not my cup of tea, but it sure does seem popular.

I first heard of this show through Infowars.com, but I won't be watching the show as it is now my cup of tea.

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

I don't know, as I've never watched it. But now I know for sure that I never want to watch it.

I do know that at the store I work at, it's everywhere. Especially in apparel. Like, even on women's underwear. I really don't get it.
    ~~

Blog Entries

It's great and all that they are christian, and not afraid to be vocal about it, but the catchphrases get really annoying. Plus that dad is really condescending when he calls anyone who doesn't hunt "yuppies". Plus the plot lines are all the same; willies got a new crazy idea, that totally fails, and si is crazy. I mean come on. I like a show that actually comes up with a new plot line every episode. Maybe that's why I like cartoons and some sitcoms better than reality tv.

So yeah, it's totally overrated. My father and I have to agree on that.
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

I watched one episode and it was terrible. I never thought I'd hate a show more than I hated Jersey Shore, but Duck Dynasty proved me wrong.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    I watched one episode and it was terrible. I never thought I'd hate a show more than I hated Jersey Shore, but Duck Dynasty proved me wrong.
    I personally find Duck Dynasty funny, but I never realized how similar it is to Jersey Shore until now. Actually, I think that's it; Duck Dynasty is Jersey Shore in Louisiana. Slidell Shore? *brick*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse View Post
    I can't really comment as I've never bothered to watch an episode. It's definitely not my cup of tea, but it sure does seem popular.
    It is very popular, but like you, it's not my cup of tea. They seem to rely on catchphrases instead of interesting plotlines to get viewers. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by indigohex View Post
    I first heard of this show through Infowars.com, but I won't be watching the show as it is now my cup of tea.
    I have had to sit through a season of it. It's annoying. That's one of the reasons I despize reality tv sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulos View Post
    I don't know, as I've never watched it. But now I know for sure that I never want to watch it.

I do know that at the store I work at, it's everywhere. Especially in apparel. Like, even on women's underwear. I really don't get it.
    Ok, First time I've heard of it on womens underwear. But it does have a lot of apparel. I will agree with that. But again, It's all the same annoying catchphrases. So yeah. I have nothing against having catchphrases, (After all, I am a brony, and we have quite a lot of them) But for me, a show has to come up with some sort of new-ish plot line each episode. Something I have found reality tv can't really do. Sitcoms are ok, yes, they rely on catchphrases (think big bang theory with soft kitty, and bazinga) but they come up with a new plot line every episode! And cartoons have catchphrases, (think mlp;fim with 20% cooler) but they tend to not overuse them to the point where the viewer goes crazy, and they come up with new plotlines. Ok. I need to stop, before I foam from the mouth. That's my opinion.
    Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Blog Entries

I work at Walmart, which seems to be the one store that exclusively carries Duck Dynasty merch. I am dead sick of the show, even though I have never watched an ep. Just seeing shirt after shirt that says "Hey, <insert supposedly witty line that's actually really overused> Jack!" turned me off forever.

I refuse to watch the show. No. Just no.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Personally I have nothing against this show, and really when it comes down to it all this popularity does pique my curiosity a tad.

But really at the end of the day when it comes down to it I think it's just business, and a current fad. So overtime I feel like it'll show less, and something else will be "overrated" so no I don't think Duck Dynasty is overrated.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I don't like the show, it is very much not my cup of tea. It's overrated to me, and I pretty much hate that i can't escape merchandise for it, Seriously, it's everywhere here. -_-

And chile, i won't even say how i feel about those fools on that, I really don't like them at all.

I don't really watch it, but I would devote two years of my life to them over watching one episode of Honey Boo Boo. That show just makes me sick. v.v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast