9 21.43%
  • I don't really care/Can't decide.

8 19.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Is Dubstep Music?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow MonsterMMORPG On Twitter Add MonsterMMORPG on Facebook Add MonsterMMORPG on Google+
    Add MonsterMMORPG on Linkedin Visit MonsterMMORPG's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Is Dubstep Music?

It is music but not song :)

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

It's ludicrous to think dubstep is anything other than music. If it's sound created with the intent of being, y'know, music, rather than just sound, then it's music. It doesn't matter if it's arrhythmic, it doesn't matter if it lacks melody; all that matters is that an individual or body of individuals created it and deliberately differentiated it from unrestrained ambiance. It's no less music than the Carmina Burana and no more than Metal Machine Music.

Just because something goes against the artistic norms of a medium does not disqualify it from being part of that medium. "The Red Wheelbarrow" is still poetry, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

This is possibly one of the most stupid topics I have seen in a long time.

Whether or not it's good music, is a completely different matter. Besides, if you don't like it, don't listen to it? It doesn't have to be more difficult than that.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Yes it's music. It's nonsensical to even try and dispute that. As far as theory goes (both musical-wise and production-wise), some dubstep is actually quite complex music.

Too many people fall into the "I don't like it so it sucks" mindset. I wouldn't choose to listen to most dubstep, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Obviously you're gonna get some poor attempts, but you get that with every genre.
    Misato Katsuragi likes this.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Regardless of personal taste, dubstep falls clearly into the definitions of music. There are a lot more radical types of experimental and progressive music that most modern listeners would call "noise" but still remains music - whether you like it or not. :P
    Agree with this completely. I'm not exactly a huge dubstep fan, but I'm getting sick of debates about "is this music?" that really mean "is this good music?"

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG View Post
    It is music but not song :)
    Song is a specific form of musical composition, so a lot of good music are not "songs."

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Hell no. Dubstep is noise. Shitty noise, I might add. Shitty, loud, abrasive, electronic noise.
    no this is

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Of course it's music, whether you like it or not. It's a weird type of music, but still music.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12