Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

Absolutely not, Victorious is an amazing show <3

Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

Of course I think so.

Though I think that The Penguins of Madagascar is a funny and charming show. It makes me feel like I'm watching an older cartoon. It's far better than the source, unlike other movie-to-television spinoffs.

Also I somewhat like iCarly and Victorious. I know they're not "good", but I like them. In the past, Drake & Josh, All That and The Amanda Shows were good shows imo.

Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents used to be good, but after running for so long they've lost their wit. Too many unfunny episodes now.

Blog Entries

Since Season 5 of Spongebob Nick has nothing to lose, and nothing to gain anymore.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Oyashiro-sama View Post
    Of course I think so.

Though I think that The Penguins of Madagascar is a funny and charming show. It makes me feel like I'm watching an older cartoon. It's far better than the source, unlike other movie-to-television spinoffs.

Also I somewhat like iCarly and Victorious. I know they're not "good", but I like them. In the past, Drake & Josh, All That and The Amanda Shows were good shows imo.

Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents used to be good, but after running for so long they've lost their wit. Too many unfunny episodes now.
    Penguins of Madagascar is fine, except for King Julian. We had enough stupidly dense people. (Ash)

iCarly was good....until iOMG. Then the Seddie thing made it stupid. VICTORiOUS....err.....I just hate the gag when the main character is about to say something then everyone else walks away.

Spongebob is just plain stupid. Fairly Odd Parents is, to me, Nick's last remnant of goodness before everything else became trash.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Often times, I judge a show based on if a kid of the era could grow up with it and have nostalgic memories of it, like me reminiscing about SpongeBob SquarePants's glory days of 1999-2004. Shows currently on the air that I've given this category are Adventure Time (Cartoon Network), The Amazing World of Gumball (Cartoon Network), and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (The Hub).

I've never been a fan of action cartoons (save for adult-oriented anime like Cowboy Bepop, as well as my Naruto phase in 4th Grade), but I could see people getting nostalgia boners over Transformers: Animated (Cartoon Network), Pokemon (the English dub mainly aired on Cartoon Network), and reruns of Dragonball Z (aired on Nickelodeon, if I'm correct).

Yes, I can see people in the future reminiscing of the "good ol' days" when they would turn on the TV at age 7 in 2012 and watch Adventure Time in the morning before school, or whatever. But I think movies are really where it's at. (Up. Need I say more?)

Rude, body humor really ruins a show for me and seems like a cheap way to get laughs, which is the current trend of a lot of modern shows shown on Nickelodeon and Disney. In this decade's defense, the 90s produced quite a bit of garbage too, though I will not be naming which shows did not appeal to me in order not to offend anybody. XD I miss the cute, innocent humor from a lot of the Saturday morning cartoons I used to watch, but I know they will not be produced anymore because that kind of entertainment is considered "uncool". Whatever. So yeah, they kinda are doing it for the money if they are all following that same formula of "entertainment", which is why I stick to DVDs and youtube downloads to get my kicks rather then giving these channels the ratings they don't deserve.

Nicktoons and Toon Disney (which is now Disney XD) did it right when they showed the old-school stuff, but now their programs are being replace with the same crap you can watch on their regular networks. If you want to watch the good stuff, set your DVR to the good stuff that play at 3 in the morning.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

What other reason would a company have for making things? I think there are only a few high quality nickelodeon shows, Invader ZIM for example. I seriously doubt that big corporations create children's shows for the joy of bringing happiness into kids lives. I would love to pitch and write for a kids' cartoon someday, though.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

The current Nickelodeon (or should I say nicktoons?) obviously isn't as good as it used to be. They're just making shows for the money ofc lol One show that came to my mind is the new 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles', I don't know where to even begin on that.... Maybe I don't like it because it is mostly aimed for a younger audience....

Anyways, Nick has really gone down the tube :/ Though there are still good show(s) that air, for e.g., 'Legend of Korra'. Though I still miss quality shows like Jimmy Neutron, Danny Phantom, and Invader Zim, those were really damn good (in terms of storyline and character development).

To be honest without Avatar/LoK Nick would be just as bad as CN. The one show that's actually worth watching on CN is 'Young Justice', other than that the rest of the shows are just bad. Though I consider 'Adventure Time' and 'Regular Show' to be decent comedy shows.

Pretty much CN, Nick, and Disney (the worst one is CN) have all gone down the tube.... They're just in it for making money, they certainly don't care about their shows like how they used to.

You can always find me within the depths of IRC....
    All gifs made by me.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

WHAT WHY DID YOU RESTART THIS THREAD I WANTED IT TO DIE A PEACEFUL DEATH ON PAGE WHATEVER.

Anyways, at this point, everyone is in for the money.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by GameCodeTrainer View Post
    The current Nickelodeon (or should I say nicktoons?) obviously isn't as good as it used to be. They're just making shows for the money ofc lol One show that came to my mind is the new 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles', I don't know where to even begin on that.... Maybe I don't like it because it is mostly aimed for a younger audience....
    I haven't seen it (and I doubt I'd be able to anyway), but I think the aim of this version is to make them act more like teenagers. Only thing I have against it personally, is the lowering of April and Casey's ages, to my knowledge. Getting down to it, it's no different from the 1987 version which I grew up with. It was aimed a younger audience, especially after CBS started airing episodes. It became more slapsticky and silly compared to the first couple of seasons, when the series was still shown in syndication. It became a little less slapsticky by the time season 7 rolled around, and it was pretty much gone for season 8 - 10 (competing with stuff like Batman TAS).

Even though I haven't watched Nick in like forever (not like I'm the target audience), at least the network hasn't really "jumped shark". The shows are, generally geared towards kids, and kids are the target audience. Now quality of said shows is a whole different story.

Hufflepuff is the place to be as loyalty and fairplay are very important to me.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Um, what kind of silly question is this?

Of course they're "making shows for money." Just like every other TV network on the planet.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

The '90s Are All That. Enough said.

Blog Entries

Of course they are. All networks are in it for the money. The problem with Nick and Disney is that they've narrowed their target audience. Their current stories (in the formula of teen who becomes famous+his/her equally batshit posse+a chain of improbable events) do appeal to younger children. I've seen it firsthand. And appeal to younger children=$$$ since that's the age range that has the most time for TV and would most likely go running to mommy begging for the latest t-shirt.

So, to make their shows appeal more to that specific demographic, they've had to pander. The result is a host of shows that little kids go crazy for but the rest of us revile, because they are, in fact, terrible.

While I already know that the entertainment industry nowadays forsakes artistry for money too much, I want to see these networks try. It's their shows that the current generation would be growing up to and reminiscing 10-20 years into the future, and potentially be shaped by. I want to see them do more than "Do kids like stories about teens getting famous?" "Yes." "Do they like food all over people?" "Yes." "Do they like webshows?" "Yes." "Okay, let's smush all those together into a new series somehow."

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

The only good show I see on Nick now is the Avatar/Legend of Korra. Has great animation and great plots/storylines. Those are one of the few shows that garner viewers in the millions for cable TV.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123