Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

To be honest, I think that most channels on TV do that. Episodes of something that annoy viewers, cause viewers to stop watching, or that just aren't satisfying don't matter to the creators as long as they make money from it. After a certain point, people stop trying to come up with original ideas for shows or stories, too - Spongebob, for example, used to be awesome, but has only been getting worse.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

Of course they're making shows for money.That's just how the television industry works. Shows are just vehicles for commercials, regardless of the artistic intent. Shows can be good, they can be bad, but whether they get made is purely a matter of money.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nickelodeon Greenlights Third ‘Fred’ Movie, Picks Up 20-Episode ‘Fred’ Series – Deadline.com
    Annoying Orange: Cartoon Network TV deal | PopWatch | EW.com

The internet is taking over tv. Think these two are perfect examples of what people are saying in this thread.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    Nickelodeon Greenlights Third ‘Fred’ Movie, Picks Up 20-Episode ‘Fred’ Series – Deadline.com

The internet is taking over tv. Think these two are perfect examples of what people are saying in this thread.
    MAD says all? MAD has lots of internet stuff. So, the internet is taking over TV, add too the fact in a earlier Spongebob episode, he said Chocolate Rain. Oh wait...
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

TV programs themselves are ALL about money. Heck, we've seen loads of shows disappearing because of low view ratings. The only channel targeted at kids that don't mind much about money would probably be PBS - the educational channel.

Nickelodeon is no different. Yeah, it makes cartoons and those comedy shows like iCarly, Victorious, Big Time Rush, and The Troop.

Is there anything on Nickelodeon that's educational? Some might say Spongebob Squarepants shows us how underwater creatures live... and yes, I have to admit that the whole show was very well made. The director had majored in marine biology or so and it's no wonder he kept it cool as reality and apart from showing fire lightings being possible underwater, most of them are logical. But heck, there's nothing educational in it. What kind of kid would make notes on marine biology while watching Spongebob?

The same goes to those real-life comedy shows. I really can't stand iCarly cuz they're always yelling at each other for no reason almost 99% of the time. Victorious? That seemed okay at first, but showing a school for future artists - they failied in making unique people, and made students seem to have personality problems - especially Tori's sister and Jade. I only watched one episode of The Troop, and what's the point in dealing with aliens?

The only show I could at least watch the episodes fully were Big Time Rush, and even I stopped watching that mid-way. Well, yeah, I like music stuff and they're songs were just okay. Not overly brilliant, but okay - though they had been targeted negatively by many fans for copying Jonas from Disney. While I don't support them, I kinda like how the four guys were shown with different attitudes. Big Time Rush doesn't have educational purposes, though - especially with their PD yelling at them all the time and calling them 'dogs'.

So if the show isn't educational, why is it on air? Because kids watch it despite there being nothing to learn from. There aren't much depth in the stories and each of the episodes are pretty much like the other. The shows just for fun, and for fun to be popular, it's gotta be viewed a lot - which concludes the purpose of earning money.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Cartoon Network hasn't had a good show of their own since the days of Johnny Bravo and the Powerpuff Girls, and as far as animated movies go, there hasn't been a very good one since Prince of Egypt. We've long since degenerated from the days of The Land Before Time and The Lion King.

As far as Nickelodeon goes, their only show of redeeming quality was Avatar: The Last Airbender. In the past, shows like Tintin were the benchmark, and only Avatar reached it.

The Tintin movie has me intrigued, however. We'll see if it lives up to the comics and the 1991 cartoon show.
    Last edited by Eredar Warlock; 9th December 2011 at 04:36 PM.

100% Moustache Free! Mr. Moustache's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have TeenNick, tune into The 90's are All That. Nickelodeon went to shit years ago. But, nonetheless, it will always be about money; "money talks", as they say.
    ◄ This space is dedicated to Blazaking EX, who created my avatar. Please, visit his shop! ►

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Did they ever have any other real reason? I mean, come on now. They were always primarily for money, Nick's just lost it's touch with making shows that're genuinely entertaining regardless of that.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moustache View Post
    If you have TeenNick, tune into The 90's are All That. Nickelodeon went to shit years ago. But, nonetheless, it will always be about money; "money talks", as they say.
    No, the way most shows are is like the way Mr. Krabs is in Spongebob. Maybe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantZek View Post
    No, the way most shows are is like the way Mr. Krabs is in Spongebob. Maybe.
    I don't understand what you mean. Please, elaborate.
    ◄ This space is dedicated to Blazaking EX, who created my avatar. Please, visit his shop! ►

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moustache View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. Please, elaborate.
    I mean,if you make shows that have great quality, then it's in a good fashion. But,if the shows are just plain stupid, then it's in a Mr. Krabs moneypincher fashion,somewhat.

Blog Entries

I mean,if you make shows that have great quality, then it's in a good fashion. But,if the shows are just plain stupid, then it's in a Mr. Krabs moneypincher fashion,somewhat.
    Well, I still think Nick went down hill, after the 90's. I mean, yes, I'm a "90's kid", but I truly believe that, it has nothing to do with the decade I grew up in. The cartoons are just horrible (excluding Fairly OddParents, Avatar: The Last Airbender and DBZ Kai).
    Last edited by Mr. Moustache; 10th December 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

What other reason would they have for conceiving and airing these atrocious shows?
    But I have to admit.....Victoria Justice is pretty hot. She's he only reason why I watch Victorious.
    Not only that, but the shows on Nick that are watched the most(like Icarly, Victorious, Drake and Josh, Zoey 101) are all directed by Dan Schneider. So he's pretty much Nick's lifeline(aside from Deagrassi and Spongebob Squarepants).

Hang the DJ.

Blog Entries

Everyone knows shows on Nickelodeon are somewhat retarded. This is the reason why Spongebob is retarded. Oh, and speaking of Spongebob, I found this fanfic called Spongebob 2019. Apparently Spongebob destroyed Viacom and murdered Stephen Hillenburg, so he takes over the world. Most characters from Nick shows try to stop Spongebob. Anyways, here it is:
    Spongebob 2019 Chapter 1: Prologue, a spongebob squarepants fanfic - FanFiction.Net
    It makes me think of this line from Zero Wing and a change of year:
    In AD 2019, War Was Begginning.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post

Well, this isn't looking good for Cartoon Network at all...

MAD says all? MAD has lots of internet stuff. So, the internet is taking over TV, add too the fact in a earlier Spongebob episode, he said Chocolate Rain. Oh wait...
    Well, so did Pinkie Pie in the first episode of the second season of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast