Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

  1. #1
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,255
    Blog Entries
    554

    Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

    Default Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Yep. With shows like iCarly, Spongebob Squarepants, Bucket and Skinner, and stuff like that, it seems that Nick is making shows for cash rather than enjoyment. It seems that the only show left on Nickelodeon that is actually good is the Farily Odd Parents, other than that, it seems to be a clone of Disney Channel, with overused laugh tracks. Now, I know that TV was designed for money (or was it enjoyment and something to see), but this is ridiclous. Too much toilet humor, lots of movie-adapted series (Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness) or shows that just downright have the laugh track too much (iCarly, VICTORiOUS), or shows that are just downright stupid (Spongebob Squarepants, some other show, maybe Mighty B). Do you agree, along with other channels?
    Last edited by John Understands; 4th December 2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Avatar credit is here.



  2. #2
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,778
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Oh, they're definitely making the shows more for money, but doesn't every channel make them for money? That's why they exist. That said, I think Nickelodeon is worse about it than, say, CartoonNetwork. At least CartoonNetwork has SOME good shows. Nickelodeon's programming straight up sucks minus Dragon Ball Z Kai. And that's not even what I consider one of "their" shows. iCarly and Big Time Rush and all those shows are garbage (just like most of Disney's current shows, oh snap!).

  3. #3
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    You know, Nickelodeon started off with corny sitcoms in its early days, so in other words, its live action shows has always been bad (few minor exceptions such as All That and Drake & Josh).

  4. #4
    Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    tea in teh garden/rm
    Posts
    3,395
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Nick is a network which runs ads, so of course they are.

    Even if the quality is garbage, as long as people tune in, they make money off the ads/licensing.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Are there any commercial media networks that don't make shows for the purpose of profit?

  6. #6
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Just be glad you're not living in the 80's, when this trope was everywhere and near impossible to hide from.

    Some of you people who go to TV Tropes are probably familiar with a trope known as "Network Decay", in recent years, Nickelodeon has been affected with a special kind of network decay that I like to call "Disney Channels Disease", in which a network produces programs simply for money rather than for entertainment (or both), anymore, Viacom is simply copying off of another network, which, in this case, is Disney Channel. My parents often comment that Hannah Montana was the main cause of Disney Channels downfall, and in turn, Nickelodeons downfall as well

    A lot can argue that of the big three networks (four if you count the Hub, which I will get to in a while), Cartoon Network is doing the best, as they are making programs that appeal to several interests rather than just simply one demographic like Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are, and when it comes to the programs on each channel themselves rather than the networks that air them, many can see that these types of programming on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel (but not Cartoon Network for obvious reasons) are apparently what network executives think that this is what kids want anymore, and it kind of makes me feel ashamed to have grown up in the early 2000s...

    While the views of Cartoon Networks current programming are quite "polarizing" to say at most (you either love them or you hate them, with the exception of the near universally reviled "Problem Solverz", but that's another topic), there are some who are saying that the Hub is "the last good home of great programming" (though naturally, your mileage may vary with each individual program on the network), although many fear that the Hub could fall because of corporate meddling, but as far as we can see, the Hub is doing good so far, especially with the popularity of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on the horizon supporting the network.

    In general, television itself has had both good times and bad times, but if Nickelodeon and Disney Channel continue with their current trends, it could cause their downfall unless something is done that can stop them from ultimately dying out...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  7. #7
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,255
    Blog Entries
    554

    Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    O
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Just be glad you're not living in the 80's, when this trope was everywhere and near impossible to hide from.

    Some of you people who go to TV Tropes are probably familiar with a trope known as "Network Decay", in recent years, Nickelodeon has been affected with a special kind of network decay that I like to call "Disney Channels Disease", in which a network produces programs simply for money rather than for entertainment (or both), anymore, Viacom is simply copying off of another network, which, in this case, is Disney Channel. My parents often comment that Hannah Montana was the main cause of Disney Channels downfall, and in turn, Nickelodeons downfall as well

    A lot can argue that of the big three networks (four if you count the Hub, which I will get to in a while), Cartoon Network is doing the best, as they are making programs that appeal to several interests rather than just simply one demographic like Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are, and when it comes to the programs on each channel themselves rather than the networks that air them, many can see that these types of programming on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel (but not Cartoon Network for obvious reasons) are apparently what network executives think that this is what kids want anymore, and it kind of makes me feel ashamed to have grown up in the early 2000s...

    While the views of Cartoon Networks current programming are quite "polarizing" to say at most (you either love them or you hate them, with the exception of the near universally reviled "Problem Solverz", but that's another topic), there are some who are saying that the Hub is "the last good home of great programming" (though naturally, your mileage may vary with each individual program on the network), although many fear that the Hub could fall because of corporate meddling, but as far as we can see, the Hub is doing good so far, especially with the popularity of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on the horizon supporting the network.

    In general, television itself has had both good times and bad times, but if Nickelodeon and Disney Channel continue with their current trends, it could cause their downfall unless something is done that can stop them from ultimately dying out...
    Kind of like how on the 90s, many kids liked gross stuff, and came Ren & Stimpy. CN has lots of good shows, including Pokemon BW, and the Hub is popularized because of males watching MLP: FiM. Does everyone watch that show?
    But, yeah, people nowadays think that kids only want to see teens get popular somehow (iCarly, Austin and Ally, Big Time Rush), and Nickelodeon makes unpopular shows that last for 2 and 3 seasons now (Fanboy and ChumChum, Tuff Puppy) instead of shows that last for a long time (Spongebob Squarepats, The Rugrats).
    Avatar credit is here.



  8. #8

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    They definitely are... With shows like iCarly and... And all the other shows that are exactly the same as iCarly... They are all like clones of each other. With different people and different settings, but the same humor and personalities. And they aren't even funny.

    let justice be done, though the heavens fall

  9. #9
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    They definitely are... With shows like iCarly and... And all the other shows that are exactly the same as iCarly... They are all like clones of each other. With different people and different settings, but the same humor and personalities. And they aren't even funny.
    Isn't Disney Channel the exact same thing anymore...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  10. #10

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Isn't Disney Channel the exact same thing anymore...
    Yeah, they could at least play the old classic Disney movies. Back when Disney actually cared and when it had meaning. Like, I've seen them play only Alladin and Pochahontas. Which isn't bad, but they could play many others. Like The Lion King 1 and 2...! That movie is so awesome it needs to be played on there!

    Sigh, Disney and Nickelodeon disappoint me. Though Nickelodeon was never any prize.

    let justice be done, though the heavens fall

  11. #11
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    Yeah, they could at least play the old classic Disney movies. Back when Disney actually cared and when it had meaning. Like, I've seen them play only Alladin and Pochahontas. Which isn't bad, but they could play many others. Like The Lion King 1 and 2...! That movie is so awesome it needs to be played on there!

    Sigh, Disney and Nickelodeon disappoint me. Though Nickelodeon was never any prize.
    To me, almost neither network is watchable anymore asides from the occasional Phineas and Ferb rerun on Disney Channel, and of the three networks, Cartoon Network is probably the most watchable, and as I stated before, has the best status of the three, although only time will tell if Cartoon Network will rise or decline with it's current programming, if the rumors of the Annoying Orange series on Cartoon Network are true, then CN's future is not looking too bright, but in the brightest day and blackest night, there will be a ray of shining hope for each of the three networks in the future, but when exactly this ray will shine on the three is unknown...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  12. #12

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    They... hope enough people enjoy the shows in order for the network to make money off of their viewings of the shows...
    Seasons =/= Regions

  13. #13
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    Yeah, they could at least play the old classic Disney movies. Back when Disney actually cared and when it had meaning. Like, I've seen them play only Alladin and Pochahontas. Which isn't bad, but they could play many others. Like The Lion King 1 and 2...! That movie is so awesome it needs to be played on there!
    Princess and the Frog, Epic Mickey, and Winnie the Pooh are examples that Disney still has their magic, it's today's audience is what keeps them from waggling it around.

  14. #14
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,255
    Blog Entries
    554

    Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    The movies of Disney are still epic (Diffrence in Princess and the Frog, reminded me of what EarthBound did instead of the other RPGs did at the time), but the shows are not good. The occasinal Phineas and Ferb is good, but not the live-action shows. Because most of them were this example: Teen somehow gets famous, does crazy adventures! Like iCarly, Big Time Rush, Hannah Montana, Austin & Ally, and Victorious (Ok, a Hollywood arts school, but STILL). But I hate the way Disney advertized Austin & Ally. I mean, even on Bulbapedia! Every commercial break they had! Geez! Oh, and hopefully Cartoon Network doesn't follow this example, along with The Hub.
    Avatar credit is here.



  15. #15
    Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    tea in teh garden/rm
    Posts
    3,395
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Do you think that Nickelodeon is making episodes and shows for money?

    Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    They definitely are... With shows like iCarly and... And all the other shows that are exactly the same as iCarly... They are all like clones of each other. With different people and different settings, but the same humor and personalities. And they aren't even funny.
    Disney Channel is the same too. Every show is a clone of Hannah Montana. I had to watch it once at my grandmas house, as my cousins were into it and didn't get cable, so they were watching the shows........and uggh it got boring and unfunny.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •