Disney Movies/Music

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Movies/Music

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Disney Movies/Music

So, I bet a lot of us had a childhood that revolved around Disney. I know I sure did. I'm proud to be a nineties kid. In fact I was born in 91, right at the beginning of the decade, sort of. So just about my entire childhood was during the nineties. Back then, I had tons of Disney movies and I'd seen just about every one. There are few older ones that I have not seen. In fact, the only ones I can think of that I have yet to see from that time period are The Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers: Down Under. I haven't seen many of the more recent films, but that's really only because I've gotten more interested in gaming lately than seeing movies. The ones I did see though, were every bit as enjoyable as the ones from my childhood, generally. :3

And then, there's the music! I definitely enjoyed the music. I used to, and still do to an extent, sing my favorite songs all the time. People tell me I'm pretty good too, though I wouldn't say I'm amazing. xP Anyway, this thread is to discuss our favorite Disney movies and soundtracks. :3

I have a top ten list for both!

Movies
    1. Inspector Gadget, National Treasure, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
    2. The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
    3. The Return of Jafar
    4. Bambi
    5. Ratatouille
    6. Fantasia
    7. 102 Dalmatians
    8. Aladdin
    9. The Lion King
    10. Hercules

I'm aware that I listed a few sequels. I will agree that many movie sequels are worse than their predecessors, but I believe some are good and even better. Stuart Little 2 is another example, though I don't think it's Disney. Otherwise, I'd definitely list it here. xP Also, I think Inspector Gadget needs more love! I always enjoyed the cartoon, but his first movie was AMAZING! Too bad the sequel was kinda eh... It didn't even have Matthew Broderick like the first. And he played the role of Gadget excellently. Fail.

Oh, and a definite honorable mention goes to the one Disney movie I truly grew up with: Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun. I still watch it even to this day, actually. And I barely remember actually going to Disneyland. I hate how my mom got rid of my tape! Oh, I also have to say The Sword in the Stone was awesome too, even if the beginning is a bit sad (I just don't like tragedy).

Songs
    1. "Love Will Find a Way" (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)
    2. "A Whole New World" (Aladdin)
    3. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" (The Lion King)
    4. "I Just Can't Wait to be King" (The Lion King)
    5. "Love is a Song" (Bambi)
    6. "Go the Distance" (Hercules)
    7. "Family" (Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure)
    8. "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" (Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun)
    9. "I'll Make a Man out of You" (Mulan)
    10. "Hockety Pockety" (The Sword in the Stone) (Is that what the song is called? I'm not really sure...)

The second Lion King movie is really underrated, imo. I thought the plot was awesome, the characters were memorable, and the music was done very well. Honorable mention for music, though, is "It's a Small World" from Disney Sing-Along Songs: Disneyland Fun. I used to sing this with one of my kindergarten friends all the time. I also like annoying my mom with it for fun lol. XD "Savages" from Pocahontas and "Be Prepared" from The Lion King are also pretty cool. All of The Lion King's songs are great, actually, and it's cause they were done by Elton John. :D

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: Disney Movies/Music

Yes. The Lion King and the Lion King II: Simba's Pride are both awesomely amazing! I love both of them! The second one is underatted.... It's the best sequel for anything in my opinion. My favorite Disney Movies are The Lion King and The Lion King II:Simba's Pride. My two favorites.

My favorite songs are as follows:
    1. Hakuna Matata (The Lion King)
    2. Upendi (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)
    3. Can you feel the Love Tonight, Elton John( The Lion King)
    4. Love Will Find a Way (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)

I'll think of more later...

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Disney has seen its glory days and its dark ages in the past, and right now, they're trying to get back on top with its recent animated films. Their live action films, on the other hand, are a mixed bag.

It's kinda disappointing that Disney songs will be going on hiatus (those are the icing of the cake), and I was really going to expect some songs used for "Wreck It, Ralph."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Also, I think Inspector Gadget needs more love! I always enjoyed the cartoon, but his first movie was AMAZING! Too bad the sequel was kinda eh... It didn't even have Matthew Broderick like the first. And he played the role of Gadget excellently. Fail.
    It was unloved for a reason; go look at the Nostalgia Critic's review of it if you have any time to spare.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

No thanks. I don't care for those kinds of reviews.

Blog Entries

Question, does Pixar count as Disney?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Don't forget about Marvel, Touchstone, and Miramax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Don't forget about Marvel, Touchstone, and Miramax.
    good point! I knew about Touchstone, but forgot, Marvels somewhat new, so i forgot(again) but i did not know about Miramax!
    so do these count?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Pixar counts. I don't know about the others. I myself am not much of a Pixar fan though. The only movies I liked from them were Toy Story 2, Ratatouille, and Monsters Inc.

And just to clarify, I did not see Toy Story 3 and I don't intend to. I was somewhat interested until I heard that it made a lot of people cry. I don't like crying because of a movie.

Blog Entries

Pixar counts. I don't know about the others. I myself am not much of a Pixar fan though. The only movies I liked from them were Toy Story 2, Ratatouille, and Monsters Inc.

And just to clarify, I did not see Toy Story 3 and I don't intend to. I was somewhat interested until I heard that it made a lot of people cry. I don't like crying because of a movie.
    I didn't cry at Toy Story 3,(I think i was the nostalgia that did that) and I do like Pixar.
    i liked and still like Disney movies to this day. I have not seen many of their live action movies, do to my lack of cable TV.
    Some Disney movies I like in no particular order:
    the Princess and the Frog
    the rescuers down under
    The emperor's new groove
    beauty and the beast
    the great mouse detective

I'm Sure I'm forgetting some of them, I'll add more later.
    also, I'm a fan of Phineas and Ferb and their movie, across the second dimension

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh yeah, the Emperor's New Groove is awesome! I loved Kronk's New Groove even more though. I was jumping with joy when I found out Disney made a Kronk movie! He was my favorite character out of the first movie. <3

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

As far as animated Disney films, my favorites are probably as follows:

1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    2. Hercules
    3. Aladdin
    4. The Lion King
    5. Beauty and the Beast

And live-action fare:

1. Tron
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    4. Mary Poppins
    5. George of the Jungle

And I like a lot of Disney music, of course. They have lots of good stuff.

1. "The Bells of Notre Dame", "Hellfire" — The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    2. "The Gospel Truth", "Go the Distance", "One Last Hope", "Zero to Hero", "(I Won't Say) I'm In Love", "A Star is Born" — Hercules
    3. "Arabian Nights", "One Jump Ahead", "Friend Like Me", "Prince Ali", "A Whole New World" — Aladdin
    4. "Circle of Life", "I Just Can't Wait to Be King", "Be Prepared", "Hakuna Matata", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", "This Land", "...To Die For", "Under the Stars", "King of Pride Rock" — The Lion King
    5. "Prologue/Belle", "Gaston", "Be Our Guest", "Something There", "Human Again", "Beauty and the Beast", "The Mob Song", "To the Fair", "West Wing", "The Beast Lets Belle Go", "Battle on the Tower", "Transformation", "Death of the Beast" — Beauty and the Beast
    6. "Two Worlds" "You'll Be in My Heart", "Son of Man", "Strangers Like Me" — Tarzan
    7. "Honor to Us All", "Reflection", "I'll Make a Man Out of You", "A Girl Worth Fighting For" — Mulan
    8. "No Way Out" — Brother Bear
    9. "Part of Your World", "Under the Sea", "Poor Unfortunate Souls", "Kiss the Girl" — The Little Mermaid
    10. "Just Around the Riverbend", "Colors of the Wind", "Savages" — Pocahontas
    11. "Higitus Figitus" — The Sword in the Stone
    12. "He's a Pirate", "Hoist the Colours" — Pirates of the Caribbean
    13. "Spoonful of Sugar", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" — Mary Poppins
    14. "Jack's Lament", "What's This?", "Oogie Boogie's Song", "Poor Jack", — The Nightmare Before Christmas
    15. "Cruella de Vil" — One Hundred and One Dalmatians

And tons more. I could go on at length.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

My all time favorite Disney movies are The Lion King (1 & 2) and Mulan. When it comes to music, my favorite tracks are:

Circle of Life / Hakuna Matata - The Lion King
    He Lives in You / Not One of Us - The Lion King 2
    I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan
    A Whole New World - Aladdin
    You've Got a Friend in Me - Toy Story
    When She Loved Me - Toy Story 2

Add Kelleo on Facebook

The Nightmare Before Christmas is Disney? I didn't know that. I really loved the song "What's This?" from it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    "Hellfire" — The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Ugh, that song creeped me out big time. I really didn't like it. Same reason I didn't like Frollo. He creeped me out too. ._.

Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar

I think Toy Story 3 was a situational thing. I personally cried because as it came out, I was graduating high school and moving into college and it just hit home. That's relevant to a lot of kids, lol. As a 1991 kid it might be relevant to you as well.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Add Kelleo on Facebook

I see. Well, I still have no interest in seeing it. Plus, I hate how it portrays Ken (as in the doll). He's not supposed to be some idiotic and annoying womanizer. >_>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast