Disney buys Lucasfilms - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Disney buys Lucasfilms

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilms

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Am I really the only one on the whole forum who likes the prequels? In any case, though, this acquisition could go either way. Either it could turn out totally awesome, like The Avengers, or it could be the worst thing since Disney's direct-to-video sequels. Either way, I'll be going to see these new movies just because they're Star Wars, whether I like them or not.
    I like the preuels, too. Not as much as the originals, and I can see why people dislike them, but I personally think they're pretty good. That's why I'm indifferent toward this revamp. I don't know what to think of it, but yes, as people have said, Disney has been handling Marvel well lately, from what I can tell.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Why The Disney/Lucasfilm Merger Hurts Artists and Creativity | Cartoon Brew

Apparently, there are some people who see the recent buyout as a bad move and how it shows a problem with the direction Disney is going.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

The prequels had some good bits (Episode III was, in general, rather good), but the bad bits were, admittedly, very bad. Still a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. As for sequels... I mean, the eight-year-old in me is squealing, but the 17-year-old me has already had great sequels in the form of the Expanded Universe, and film sequels will probably end up underwhelming.

I dunno, man, I'm not too excited by the prospect of new Star Wars movies, especially after the clusterfuck, continuity-wise, that was The Clone Wars.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

A Sneak Peek at Disney's Upcoming 'Star Wars' Movies | Cracked.com I honestly thought this here was amusing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    The prequels had some good bits (Episode III was, in general, rather good), but the bad bits were, admittedly, very bad. Still a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. As for sequels... I mean, the eight-year-old in me is squealing, but the 17-year-old me has already had great sequels in the form of the Expanded Universe, and film sequels will probably end up underwhelming.

I dunno, man, I'm not too excited by the prospect of new Star Wars movies, especially after the clusterfuck, continuity-wise, that was The Clone Wars.
    I can agree with you, the prequels aren't THAT bad, while it's true nothing can truly stand up to the original trilogy, the prequels are at least better than the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special.

And yeah, The Clone Wars was a bit of a stretch in my opinion, but far from the WORST thing to happen to Star Wars.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Star Wars has never been my thing. I appreciate what the original trilogy did for film and what it means to its fans, but I've never been able to get into them like others do.

It's probably because of this that I don't see much harm in Disney getting ahold of Star Wars. After all, they can't bastardize it or ruin it's continuity and reputation. George Lucas spent the better part of 30 years and three movies doing that. The worst Disney can do is put out another shitty movie. It looks like they are trying their best not to, considering Michael Arndt has been tapped to write Star Wars: Episode VII.

As for directors, I'd say Brad Bird is probably high on their list, and he'd be a great choice. Outside shots, I imagine, are the likes of Darren Aronofsky or Alfonso Cuaron. I could see them approaching Christopher Nolan or JJ Abrams, but I doubt either of them would be interested enough to drop their current plans. It's also possible we may see an indie newcomer to the blockbuster scene. Regardless, I don't think Disney spent $4 billion to consciously put out shitty movies for the sake of merchandising, considering Star Wars merchandise already sells itself.
    Dread Advocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    As for directors, I'd say Brad Bird is probably high on their list, and he'd be a great choice. Outside shots, I imagine, are the likes of Darren Aronofsky or Alfonso Cuaron. I could see them approaching Christopher Nolan or JJ Abrams, but I doubt either of them would be interested enough to drop their current plans. It's also possible we may see an indie newcomer to the blockbuster scene. Regardless, I don't think Disney spent $4 billion to consciously put out shitty movies for the sake of merchandising, considering Star Wars merchandise already sells itself.
    I'd be cool with Bird or Abrams. After all, if Abrams were to direct it, he could possibly bridge the pointless conflict between Trekkies and Wookiees. However, he's been really busy with Trek right now, and there's talk of Cloverfield 2. But for Nolan, I don't the he should direct. Sure, more practical effects and less CG effects is a good thing, but he might also try to make it more realistic, which won't mix well at all.

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    I'd be cool with Bird or Abrams. After all, if Abrams were to direct it, he could possibly bridge the pointless conflict between Trekkies and Wookiees. However, he's been really busy with Trek right now, and there's talk of Cloverfield 2. But for Nolan, I don't the he should direct. Sure, more practical effects and less CG effects is a good thing, but he might also try to make it more realistic, which won't mix well at all.
    I don't think Nolan would try to make Star Wars more realistic. The reason he did that with Batman was Batman lent itself to realism. Star Wars was his first big "Holy shit, I'd love to do that." as a kid, so I'm sure he'd try to replicate the tone of the original trilogy. But he's already done his grand-scale trilogy that's going to go down as an all-time classic, and I'd rather him, and I'm sure he'd rather, go do something other than a big franchise.

As for Abrams, I'd say he's a long shot, obviously. A director doing double-duty as the director of the new Star Trek and Star Wars movies would be interesting, but I doubt he'd want to be tasked with the enormous pressure of both franchises.

Brad Bird is my official prediction for now. It's obvious, and he'd work. Of the longer shots, I'd say Alfonso Cuaron would be the most likely.

EDIT: In fact, Abrams has said he wouldn't do it if offered.

Blog Entries

I think I'm more excited about future attractions at Disneyland/world. perhaps a separate section ala Hogwarts in universal orlando (which i enjoyed).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12