The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

I haven't really watched Disney Channel that much, although I have watched Phineas and Ferb a few times. It was allright, but everything else is just retarded live action "comedies" (and they're probably not even funny) as far as I can tell.

Nickelodeon. Oh, Nickelodeon. Jimmy Neutron, Fairly OddParents, Spongebob, those were the classics. Now all that's ever on is reruns of SpongeBob (which has sucked and been since 2007, by the way), ICarly, and Victorious (which are stupid "comedies"). Back in the day, I could tolerate Drake and Josh, because it was actually sort of comedic.

Cartoon Network. They had the best shows ever. Duck Dodgers, Samurai Jack, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Just, great material. First part of Cartoon Network's 3-year 'crap lineup' came Chowder and Flapjack. Chowder was just a stupid screamer cartoon spewing nonsense bilge. You know the type. Now, Flapjack. It was just too strange and annoying. The barber guy was a weird pervert-serial killer, and the way the kid kept yelling 'adventure'. Just strange. Then they started in with "CN REAL". Any of you remember that? That stupid ghost show (cancelled), Dude What Would Happen (also cancelled), and Destroy Build Destroy (still on somehow), which were all fake and stupid. Around the same time they launched Total Drama Island, which was sort of funny the first season because it made fun of EVERY reality\island show. But then it got stupid, and was cancelled. Good job CN. A lot of their new cartoons are really funny. Regular Show-LOVE IT. Especially the unicorn bro episode. Now, Adventure Time. I'm sort of impartial to it. It's funny in some parts, but is very, very strange. Although Pendleton Ward SAID he didn't use drugs while creating the show, I doubt it. The Adventures of Gumball, I haven't watched much, but from what I've seen, it's a bad show. Not that the material is badly written, it's just NOT FUNNY. Now, this Problem Solvers show. Just a screamer. It'll be canceled in a year. I've never seen Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, but from the name I can tell it's another nonsense screamer.

That pretty much sums it up. Cartoon Network is in the lead with older kids, but Nick and Disney will always have it's following of 10 year old girls. Real, quality cartoons are slowly fading away, and I've given my opinion.
    ---The Team---

My rare PKMN Cards:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/1470679-post31.html
    My fanfiction: http://tinyurl.com/8a9st44

Cn seems to be the only channel holding the fort down when it comes to western animation. Some of the shows are a hit and miss (God I hate world of gumball) but overall definetly the strongest lineup,compared to the others.

Disney channel: we'll they only have a tiny shred of animation on their channel, and only one of them is good. (I take back what I said about gumball, fish hooks is definitely an abomination of animation nature,almost as worse as out of Jimmy's head from CN :shiver:

Nickelodeon.... well what can I say,spongebob is okay in small doses,and fairly odd parent's is really annoying and obnoxious IMO, dare I say worse than Johnny test?

Overall it seems all the channels have quite a hurdle to cross before returning to their former selves,although Disney is far off from ever returning to its former self,so they can't be saved,and Its a shame,as I am very fond of phineas and ferb
    Last edited by ARC-1300; 12th January 2012 at 03:35 AM.

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

Is Butch Hartman being FORCED to produce more and more Fairly OddParents? Why didn't the series end with the live-action TV movie? That had a great ending to wrap up the franchise, and they're STILL making more episodes!

ღ Still Counting ღ Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

I don't really watch much TV anymore, but what I've heard and caught glimpses of looks absolutely horrid.

"Cheer up baby, it wasn't always quite so bad; for every bit of venom that came out, the antidote was had."
    F&GRulesLast.fmTPPSDaveVriskaKurlozRoseRoxyPorrimUser TitleLocationQuote

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    Is Butch Hartman being FORCED to produce more and more Fairly OddParents? Why didn't the series end with the live-action TV movie? That had a great ending to wrap up the franchise, and they're STILL making more episodes!
    Never speak about the live-action TV movie for it destroys every single continuity of the series.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Well, I never watched the Disney Channel much, so I can't really comment on that one. But Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, I've watched a lot from and my opinions on them differ quite vastly.

Cartoon Network, I've always loved. They had and still have a lot of my favorite cartoons. Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Johnny Test, The Powerpuff Girls, Looney Tunes, Chowder, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and more. Some of the new shows are stupid though. Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, World of Gumball or whatever it's called...ugh. I could barely stand to watch this stuff, it was so stupid and corny. Especially Flapjack. That one made me want to puke. Literally. So, unfortunately, there are fewer new CN shows that I like than don't like. I won't forget the bunches of other cartoons they've had that I still love though.

Now Nickelodeon, I'm the complete opposite on. I've never liked it much at all. The only shows from it I enjoy and still only enjoy to this day are Danny Phantom (my favorite one! <3), TUFF Puppy (I love this one too! The characters are amazing, especially Dudley, and that's mainly because he's voiced by Jerry Trainor, who is HILARIOUS and the only good thing about iCarly), Spongebob, and Drake and Josh (utterly hilarious. I especially like Josh lol). I did like Keenan and Kel when I was a kid, as well, but if it were still airing, I would no longer be interested in it. Ironically, Danny Phantom and TUFF Puppy have become two of my favorite cartoons of all time now. But still, Nickelodeon generally sucks and always has, imo.

But, the cartoon channel I've always loved most is Boomerang. Oh, I miss my beloved Boomerang channel. I love just about everything on it. It aired a lot of old, classic cartoons like Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Duck Dodgers, Wacky Races, Hong Kong Phooey, Dick Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, Pink Panther, and much more. And I loved nearly all of them and still do. There were one or two I didn't care for, but that hardly mattered. If only Boomerang were still around. It might be, I don't know, as I've seen it be available to add to the channels already existing in whatever cable network, but it introduced me to a lot of classic cartoons that are so old, even my parents watched them as kids. And I couldn't believe the superior quality of these shows. They were AMAZING. I dream of seeing great cartoons like this again and I'd love to be able to find ways to show younger gens these old cartoons.

Even if Boomerang is dead in TV, it'll always live on my memory. <3

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, look, it's this thread again.

But in all seriousness, I really try to not degenerate into a nostalgia-filled rant about these sorts of things. I grew up with stuff like SpongeBob SquarePants (Hillenburg-era SpongeBob [which for those of you unfamiliar with the term is 1999-2004] remains one of my favorite cartoons, if not TV shows, ever), Jimmy Neutron, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and probably a couple other shows that I can't remember at the moment (sorry, I guess I'm kinda slow today :P).

Now, when I judge a kid's show, I like to imagine whether I would watch it or switch the channel if I was in the target demographic. Shows I think I would watch if I was at the age in the present day where I watched SpongeBob and Ed, Edd & Eddy and all that jazz years ago, would probably be Adventure Time with Finn & Jake, The Amazing World of Gumball, and TUFF Puppy (I would probably be too close-minded to experience the joys of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic). They seem to be a bit reminiscent of the stuff I watched when I was younger. I like Regular Show somewhat, but I think I would just be going "what the f*** is this?" if I was 9 years old or thereabouts.

So yeah, I don't really think today's kids are living in an age horribly deprived of creativity, be it TV shows or cartoons or movies or whatever. There are awesome shows, there are good shows, and there are crap shows, but hasn't it always been like that?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Well, I never watched the Disney Channel much, so I can't really comment on that one. But Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, I've watched a lot from and my opinions on them differ quite vastly.

Cartoon Network, I've always loved. They had and still have a lot of my favorite cartoons. Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Johnny Test, The Powerpuff Girls, Looney Tunes, Chowder, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and more. Some of the new shows are stupid though. Regular Show, Adventure Time, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, World of Gumball or whatever it's called...ugh. I could barely stand to watch this stuff, it was so stupid and corny. Especially Flapjack. That one made me want to puke. Literally. So, unfortunately, there are fewer new CN shows that I like than don't like. I won't forget the bunches of other cartoons they've had that I still love though.

Now Nickelodeon, I'm the complete opposite on. I've never liked it much at all. The only shows from it I enjoy and still only enjoy to this day are Danny Phantom (my favorite one! <3), TUFF Puppy (I love this one too! The characters are amazing, especially Dudley, and that's mainly because he's voiced by Jerry Trainor, who is HILARIOUS and the only good thing about iCarly), Spongebob, and Drake and Josh (utterly hilarious. I especially like Josh lol). I did like Keenan and Kel when I was a kid, as well, but if it were still airing, I would no longer be interested in it. Ironically, Danny Phantom and TUFF Puppy have become two of my favorite cartoons of all time now. But still, Nickelodeon generally sucks and always has, imo.

But, the cartoon channel I've always loved most is Boomerang. Oh, I miss my beloved Boomerang channel. I love just about everything on it. It aired a lot of old, classic cartoons like Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Duck Dodgers, Wacky Races, Hong Kong Phooey, Dick Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, Pink Panther, and much more. And I loved nearly all of them and still do. There were one or two I didn't care for, but that hardly mattered. If only Boomerang were still around. It might be, I don't know, as I've seen it be available to add to the channels already existing in whatever cable network, but it introduced me to a lot of classic cartoons that are so old, even my parents watched them as kids. And I couldn't believe the superior quality of these shows. They were AMAZING. I dream of seeing great cartoons like this again and I'd love to be able to find ways to show younger gens these old cartoons.

Even if Boomerang is dead in TV, it'll always live on my memory. <3
    Boomerang is still around, if you have DISH. I dunno about DirecTV or Cable.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Huh, never heard of Dish... Oh well.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Disney Channel

Except for Phineas and Ferb, which is downright hilarious and one of the best Disney Shows, most of the shows are stupid sitcoms, like Shake it Up and Austin and Ally, the latter I believe Disney advertizied too much, even on Bulbapedia! Most sucks, yet some shows on Disney are decent like Phineas and Ferb and Good Luck Charlie, which I believe is like Full House in many ways.

Nickelodeon

Ehh - except for Spongebob Squarepants and The Fairly Odd Parents, Nick tries to copy Disney...a bit too much. Example: Learn How to Rock. I believe they tried to copy Austin and Ally. Spongebob just sucks, and sucked since 2007. Nick's toons now rely on toilet humor, something that P&F didn't. That sucks. Yet Tuff Puppy was slightly good... but Nick keeps on making new shows like Planet Sheen and Bucket and Skinner. FoP is still good.

Cartoon Network

Don't really know. Regular Show is good, same goes for Adventure Time. But Amazing World of Gumball sucks so badly it could die in a fire. Gumball and his fish are...too...obsessed with their neighbor. Everything is sterotypical. And relies on toilet humor - again. So CN is 50% good, 50% bad, I guess.

As for other channels - The Hub just because many men like to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - and yeah.

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Never speak about the live-action TV movie for it destroys every single continuity of the series.
    You're not my mother, I can say what I want.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    You're not my mother, I can say what I want.
    Have you even payed attention to the show's continuity to begin with?

Blog Entries

being somebody who only gets basic cable, and can not watch this stuff regularly, I'm going to give this my best shot.

Cartoon Network:

was ok, they has show that did impress me, like the new scooby doo show, generator Rex, and Ben ten,
    there were other shows that I disliked, there was even one show I could not even watch, that being the Problem solverz one of the main charters liked like poop and I'm not saying anything else.

Nickelodeon

is probably my least favorite, as when I had the option, I would watch toon nick, which seen to have better shows. something that ticks me off is their planing, when you tun in your ether washing icarly (which seems ok to me) or Spongebob Squarepants, ( which my likeness vary on the ep)

Disney Channel

Disney has two shows that I do enjoy, those being Phineas and Ferb, which I fangirl over and my baby sitters a vampire. latter while being live action is surprisingly good, and did scare me when I first saw it. I'm pretty neutral towered the others, except my shake it up, which I dislike.

I think this is the longest post I have made yet

Blog Entries

Cartoon Network has made a comeback with shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show. Nickelodeon has been getting progressively worse and shows no signs of slowing down.

Disney is awful. Definitely the worst of the three. The only show that is worth watching on Disney is Phineas and Ferb, but that's been getting worse and it's a slippery slope from where it is now to full-blown shitty Disney sitcom.

Disney is dumbing everything down and playing for the lowest common denominator rather than actually attempting to stimulate their audience. Cartoon Network's new shows are actually interesting and some episodes are thought provoking. Nickelodeon is pretty bad, but at least their shows don't seem to assume that their entire audience is made up of below average intelligence 5 year olds.

Basically Disney is just reinforcing our culture's move away from critical thought and reinforcing being force fed information and being told why it's important with no work done by the recipient.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Blog Entries

After the Spongebob movie, Nick has pretty much went downhill and won't stop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast