The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

DCM
    Blog Entries

Default The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

What is your opinion on their most recent material? Is it as good as when you were a kid, or do you feel as if the shows have gotten progressively worse with time?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

The shows largely have gotten worse, but theres still some good ones. Like Adventure Time.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Current State of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel

'Regular Show' and 'Adventure Time' are both excellent shows, and are easily as good, if not better than a lot of CN's output in the 90s. 'Gumball' is fairly hit and miss in terms of writing, but is still good for the most part, and outstanding from a visual standpoint. Adding to that, there's the Thundercats reboot, which despite a few niggles here and there, is a great action series and sports some sublime animation. So CN has a fair amount of good cartoons on offer.

Only noteworthy animated shows I can recall from Disney and Nick are 'Phineas & Ferb' and the upcoming 'Legend of Korra'. The former is a quality 'toon, and I'm sure the latter is bound to be great, but both are still single programs and can't hold the weight on their own.

Can't really speak for the live action sitcom stuff, as I hated it even as a kid.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The dominance of live action sitcoms disturbs me. Is this how we should learn about life situations?

Blog Entries

I think Disney and Nickelodeon (especially Disney) have been undermined by the sitcoms. Nickelodeon still has Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents, but those two are fading. A lot. Cartoon Network still has Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball, as well as some other good shows.

In terms of those three, I basically only watch CN.

I never really did watch Disney channel as a kid (thought all shows were like Hannah Montana), or Cartoon Network (didn't appeal to me much then), and from what I've seen, Nickelodeon has gotten much, much worse since 2004-5.

So CN gotten better from what I've seen, but the other two channels are going down the drain.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

Adventure Time and Thundercats are the only things worth watching on Cartoon Network anymore. Don't waste my time on Nick or Disney channels anymore.
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has Cartoon Network not learned that live-action shows don't belong on a channel that's called "CARTOON" Network?

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

In the Netherlands, Disney XD and Nickelodeon are part of the basic commercial channels. The only things I occasionally watch on both these channels is Phineas and Ferb, Fairly Oddparents, Avatar, Pokémon, Ducktales and What's with Andy.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'm disgusted by what Disney Channel has become... and I'm not too happy with CN and Nick either. This is why I don't want TV anymore. Korra should be good though.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I haven't liked any of these channels for a very long time now. I loved all three when I was a kid, but nowadays I think they're all crap. I hate every Disney show there is now. Nickelodeon still has Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents, two of the last good shows I feel Nickelodeon produced, but even those two have become shells of their former selves. And I despise CN now. The only thing I still watch on CN is Pokemon, and even then it's not like that's a CN original show. So yeah, not happy with any of these channels nowadays. They used to be so good, too...it's a shame what's happened to them.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Of course, the general reaction of people here too is "they used to be good, now they're bad", without realising that they used to like fucking everything as a kid, and now that they're older they just don't anymore. However, you will remember liking the shows that were on as a kid, and that's what makes you all think everything is worse now. It's all a matter of your own perspective changing.

My little sister will watch anything on tv, and claims to like even the worst cartoons. And when she's older, she'll probably think all the cartoons she watches now were good, and everything on tv by that time is bad. Because that's life.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Of the three, Nickelodeon is above all the WORST, or at least the main channel is, with nearly every other program being a Spongebob or iCarly rerun, most of the good animated programing has been delegated to Nicktoons Network, which is now showing live action *cough*Power Rangers*cough* despite having the word "toon" in it's name.

Disney Channels main problem is that it has too much live action programs, all of which are basically clones of each other, and only TWO animated programs at most, many can agree that the channel needs more animated programing, as for the subject of the original movies, they are also becoming more and more like each other

Of the three networks, Cartoon Network is the most watchable currently, with all of it's shows bordering on "love it or hate it", it's had it's ups and downs, although it has seemed to improved in the past year or so, let's hope CN keeps improving...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me, Disney is the worst since it only has live action shows. The only time I even watch the channel is when I am watching one of my favorite movies. Other than that, I despise that channel

Nickelodeon is not that good either and I don't have much use in watching it and the only reason I will watch the channel is for Legend of Korra and nothing else as I already have the Avatar: The Last Airbender dvds with all three seasons.

I still watch Cartoon Network as it has Pokemon, Looney Tunes, and Tom and Jerry which I watch. But those are the only shows I bother to watch on this channel.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Cartoon Network's only good show is 'Regular Show". Gumball is okay, but nothing special.
    I think that the other channels need to stop with the "real" looking shows and bring back the good old animated TV shows. I mean, would it kill them to play the Timon and Puumba show? They could play old shows in addition to new shows. Of course, I don't know who would WANT to keep the new shows since they are so goofy and lack class....

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

For every good show there's 100 bad ones for cartoon network.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast