Celebration of Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters - Page 105

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1578
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Celebration of Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Celebration of Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters

I love Applause. I can't help but wonder how similar the rest of the album will be, but either way, I'm very excited for Artpop.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

The Applause music video was interesting. It was random and weird (well duh, it's Gaga lol) but in a good way. Kind of refreshing because it had been almost two years since her last music video. I really hope the song bounces back because of this video.

Blog Entries

Dunno if anyone's seen this yet but there's more than an hour of stuff from iTunes Festival 2013. So much of it is previews for the ARTPOP album.

I love the sound of the new songs so far~

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I absolutely love MANiCURE and Artpop (ngl i'd buy the album if it was just manicurex15), and quite like Swine and I Wanna Be With You as well.... But I'm not really liking Jewels and Drugs or Sex Dreams that much at this stage, which surprises me considering how much everyone else seems to adore Sex Dreams. I'm sure I'll come to like them in time though. The range of songs we're getting is very much interesting and I'm even more exciting for Artpop now.

Blog Entries

I don't really like Jewels and Drugs much either but it's already growing on me. I do like Sex Dreams though.
    I'm in love with Aura and Swine. I think Aura will probably be my favorite Gaga tune.

Flying || Water Wellspring Station's Avatar
    Follow Wellspring Station On Twitter
    Follow Wellspring Station on Tumblr

Okay, so I am LOVING all of Gaga's hair and costumes throughout this, also that septum piercing looks really good on her.
    Guys, I totally got emotional during ARTPOP. Like, oh my god. Also, it was interesting to hear more of a hip-hop spin with her music in Jewels and Drugs, I had an eargasm. I'm also really excited for Sex Dreams too. I am so in love with Applause, I Wanna Be With You, and MANiCURE. Also, that intermission song between I Wanna Be With You and Applause was just melty ice cream in my ears.

That performance was amazing, by the way. Oh my god, like. So pumped for this album. <3

BTW Thank you so much FairyGaga for linking that video here, I didn't see the live event on iTunes.

I loved her iTunes festival performances. Swine and Sex Dreams slayed my life, and Aura and Manicure were awesome too. I was also really excited when she performed Artpop because it sounded really mellow and different from her other songs. I didn't really care for Jewels and Drugs or the piano ballad , but at least it proved that the album is varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    I loved her iTunes festival performances. Swine and Sex Dreams slayed my life, and Aura and Manicure were awesome too. I was also really excited when she performed Artpop because it sounded really mellow and different from her other songs. I didn't really care for Jewels and Drugs or the piano ballad , but at least it proved that the album is varied.
    I think Artpop is my favourite so far, I'm really excited for Sex Dreams too.

Blog Entries

Just thought I should share this violin cover of Applause.
    Dolce and Wellspring Station like this.

I love what he did with the makeup, that was really cool. I really like this cover, it's really pretty.

So apparently Venus is the next single to be released on the 27th of this month. I'm disappointed since Gypsy sounded a lot better from the way it was described, but hopefully Venus is a hit. Also, Artpop's track listing was revealed a few days ago. I'm surprised Gaga's collaborating with R. Kelly. Talk about random lol.

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

So a lot has happened recently that I just need to talk about. Because feelings.

FIRST: For those who haven't seen it yet, Gaga released a lyric video for "Aura", which incorporates scenes from Machete Kills. (My assumption is that the song was used in the movie somehow; I haven't seen it so I don't know.) I have issues with some of the lyrics (can we just not culturally appropriate burqas please, kthxbai) but OMG THIS SONG HAS BEEN IN MY HEAD SINCE HEARING IT. Some listeners are saying that the original demo version sounds better (she re-recorded the vocals for the eventual studio version heard here), but I dunno, I don't really have a preference/notice too much of a difference? Anyway, I'm totally ready to take a peek underneath that cover, so I guess she succeeded in that respect.

NEXT: Gaga released an 11-second snippet of G.U.Y. (Girl Under You). Seriously, this lady (gaga) might be the only person who can make me fall in love with an ELEVEN-SECOND SNIPPET of a song. It has an "Alejandro"-esque feel that I just LOVE, and this will most likely be one of my favorite tracks when I listen to the album in full. Yaaaaaaaass, Gaga!

THEN: "Do What U Want" ft. R. Kelly. I'm sure everyone did a head scratch when they saw this one (along with "Jewel and Drugs", but whatever Gaga, your life). In addition to that... single artwork (slightly NSFW, bee-tee-dubs?), it was first previewed in this Beats by Dre Best Buy commercial (which is worth watching because it's so random, haha), and later released in full. (Also released on iTunes--#BuyDoWhatUWantOniTunes! #ShamelessPromo) When I first listened to this, I initially thought that the song was okay, mediocre at best, so I didn't really think much about it... and literally five minutes later I was singing the chorus over and over while gyrating in my room, lol. It's not my favorite song out there, but as a pop song it delivers, and it delivers HARD.

FINALLY: A preview of the title song, "ARTPOP", was released some hours ago. The snippet doesn't really do much for me, but that's only because I already heard the song in full when she performed it for the iTunes Festival. This snippet just confirms that the song is good and that it's another solid track. I'll probably jam to this for days when the album comes out.

Y'all--the ARTPOP era is starting to look miiiiiiiiighty nice, amirite?!
    Kaori likes this.

The whole Venus/DWUW thing has been messy. I really hope Gaga does more promotion for DWUW because the song is bound to flop without promo.

Anyway, ARTPOP leaked this morning which is disappointing; I hope this doesn't affect the album's overall sales. I've listened to 3/4 of the album so far and I think it's her most consistent album so far. It's like a mix of The Fame and Born This Way imo. I really like the songs so far.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Just finished listening to ARTPOP..... pretty stellar. Don't know if I'd say it's my favorite of her albums (hard to take down TFM) but it's certainly the best pop album of the year and I can understand completely why she wants to consider it her magnum opus.... although I still think Jewels and Drugs is terrrrrrrrrible i don't understand it at all oops
    Michonne likes this.

Just listened to Fashion!, Dope, and Gypsy. I loved Fashion! for some reason; it just sounded different than I thought it would sound and I'm surprised will.i.am produced it. Dope was good too; a ton of Little Monsters hate it but I thought it was heart-felt; I just wish Gaga didn't sound drunk lol. And Gypsy was a surprise; I didn't expect it to sound like Europop mixed with folk guitars. It's different but in a good way. I hope it's a future single. Overall, the album gets a 8.5 out of 10 from me.