Celebration of Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters - Page 101
Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1578

Thread: Celebration of Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters

Do it, like an Animal... RebornRocks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Celebration of Lady Gaga and her Little Monsters

At this point, I want her to release Scheisse now, Hair/Heavy Metal Lover in May/June, then the other one of the two in September. Maybe GH or BK in November/December, but if she release Scheisse, Hair, and HML, the era would be perfect. <3

Baby I'll keep you up all night, Gonna tie you up in case you bite.

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I read it. What kinda hipster magazine trying to pretend they're a pop magazine. :deadbanana:

Gaga tweeted about it.

Oh the irony of winning "Most Pretentious Album Ever" from none other than NME. *eyeroll* I might laugh forever + then return to narcissism

Blog Entries

ITT: "Monsters" complaining about someone pointing out the truth. Gaga is pretentious and annoying. There's a reason she didn't win shit at the Grammy's and Adele did.

Adele, admittedly, might be mass consumed pop, at least she has actual, y'know, talent. Lady Gaga yells into the microphone and makes ballads that make gays feel better about themselves (not that there is anything wrong with that). It's an act. She's painfully insincere and fake and perhaps the music business is finally realizing this.

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

This is fact^

Then again, I've only listened to like, 3 of Gaga's songs.

Blog Entries

hah. well. I'm not gonna respond to that, I'll leave that to the big fans.

but who cares what she does as long as she is making a good message to the world?

Blog Entries

Wel UP, that's your opinion. And nowwhere did I say she wasn't pretentious. I was talking about the fact how NME clearly speak so high of Gaga's BTW and now they call it pretentious and failure. That's really what we were discussing - they're constant build up of artists then knocking them down.

But anyway, since you decided to post I'll reply kindly instead of ignoring it like I was going to xD The reason gaga hasn't won Grammy's this year isn't because she is annoying and fake, if she was she certainly wouldn't be having album sales higher then anyone (but Adele) and a massive worlwide tour planned. It's the fact it's someone else's time right now. Yes I know Adele sing's much better and what I want people to know that even though I'm a Monster, I'm not a close minded idiot that thinks what Gaga's every move is the law and is automatically right.

If she didn't have talent then all these people singing abot sex musn't have talent. Music is subjective and that's why when you think she's not talented, others just might and the majority do recognise that she does have SOME talent

P.S. Her songs are not always about gays, her first album certainly wasn't and her second album not so much. When she got a gay fan base supporting her, that's when she decided to write songs for fans that have encouraged her and with her power she's helping them. But I just want to point out that she's not just singing about gays, it's jsut her BTW album which is just one moment in what I'm hoping a succesful, long career.

Blog Entries

well said. I just found the most amazing picture in the world that I have ever seen, its just so NBBVBHNMFJMSKMJAMAZINGFHJDDSHJDJHMD words do not do it justice

Blog Entries

Oh my god, my poor malnourished thread. Gaga you need to do something big! Release a video, let there be candids! Anything for my poor thread.

Blog Entries

Congrats on 20 million twitter followers Queen, and still growing.

Also what do you make of this you guys;

If reports are true, it seems that Lady Gaga is ready to settle down and start a family with boyfriend Taylor Kinney... in the next year or so!

Mother Monster has been dating the 'Vampire Diaries' star since September and has apparently told relatives that the pair are ready to start a family. Taylor's aunt Kathryn Loh told the Daily Star Sunday:

"There's no doubt he loves her and she loves him. Now everyone's met her, we love her too! They are perfect together... I'm so glad we got to meet the woman behind all the make-up and the outfits. She's very well-spoken and down-to-earth. She's basic - a sweet, normal, healthy person."

Why are you shattering all of our illusions, woman?! Don't you know that we love Lady Gaga for being ultra-wacky and off-the-wall? Yiesh.

A source has also come forward to confirm just how very broody the 'Poker Face' star has got:

"She's already doodling baby names on scraps of paper. She's been bragging about how beautiful their children will be because Taylor is so handsome... She wants everything with him - love, marriage and a family. But she's set on becoming a mother before they think about anything else and she's talking about giving birth in the next year."

We wonder if she's going to ask her friend Beyonce for any baby advice? We know she's already been spoiling little Blue Ivy with gifts; the kooky singer presented her 'Telephone' buddy with a onesie emblazoned with the phrase "Little Monster" in pink diamante... along with a note instructing Blue Ivy to wear it to her first Lady Gaga concert!

Blog Entries

I don't think it's true. I mean, she's about to go on the BTW ball, so she won't be able to settle down for at least another year and a half (I think the BTW ball is going to NA by around March or April next year, and I think she will do one more leg after that).

Blog Entries

Well she definately confirmed 110 dates fixed.

She's only announced about 11 and they've all been added in the same place so there's already like 20+

(Your fave could nevah xD)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Pidgeot View Post
    ITT: "Monsters" complaining about someone pointing out the truth. Gaga is pretentious and annoying. There's a reason she didn't win shit at the Grammy's and Adele did.
    How is she pretentious and annoying? OK, I understand the "pretentious" part, what with calling her album the greatest of the decade, saying BTW is the anthem of our generation. But what makes her annoying? Is it because her songs have been on the radio for the past 3 years? Or is it because of her near-constant support for the LGBT community and bullying victims? Or is it because she's able to do what most people with the general publics attention would be scared to do?

And about that second part, you're acting like Adele wasn't going to win over everyone she was nominated against. That was obvious. And also, Gaga has 5 Grammys from 2010+2011, which is more than some people get in their whole careers.

Adele, admittedly, might be mass consumed pop, at least she has actual, y'know, talent. Lady Gaga yells into the microphone and makes ballads that make gays feel better about themselves (not that there is anything wrong with that). It's an act. She's painfully insincere and fake and perhaps the music business is finally realizing this.
    It's wrong to say that Gaga has no talent. Even though you probably won't reply, I want to know, what songs by Gaga have you heard? Moving on, Gaga is not talent-less, as she can sing, write, dance, play piano, produce, design her stages and music videos+photoshoots, and still put on an amazing pop show. Examples:

HOWARD STERN: Lady Gaga's solo piano performance of "The Edge Of Glory" on Howard Stern Show - YouTube

HOWARD STERN: Lady Gaga's solo piano performance of "Hair" on Howard Stern Show - YouTube

Lady gaga Teeth live @ madison square garden - YouTube

Lady Gaga - Marry The Night (Official Video) - YouTube

If you still can't see talent, than all I can say is that hopefully you see that she is amazing in the way she markets and promotes herself.

Also, please don't generalize her music as "ballads that make gays feel better". I can see why you would say that, as BTW is her biggest hit, and you've probably heard of "Hair", or maybe "Bad Kids" or "Highway Unicorn". But she herself said, at the beginning of promotion for Born This Way, that this album was inspired a lot by her fans, and since a lot of her fans are in the LGBT community, and how she's heard their stories, it would seem strange if she didn't write about that topic. If you want other topics from her, listen to The Fame (Most are about partying and fame, but some nice ones are "Paper Gangsta", "Brown Eyes", "I Like It Rough", "Disco Heaven", "Boys Boys Boys", and "Again Again"), The Fame Monster (Bad Romance is about falling in love with your best friend, Alejandro is about the fear of men and love, Monster is about meeting a dangerous man at a club, Speechless is about losing a loved one, Dance In The Dark is about being self-conscious and and about those who were fearless, Telephone is about wanting to relax while your head tells you to keep working, So Happy I Could Die is about addiction and wanting to feel happy, and Teeth is about the truth), and some of the other songs on Born This Way. (Marry The Night is about forgiving the dark things in your past, Scheisse is about female empowerment, Bloody Mary is basically Mary Magdelene confessing her love to Jesus the day he is crucified, Heavy Metal Lover is a different kind of party song, Black Jesus Amen Fashion is about finding a new way of thinking, The Queen is about being brave, and The Edge Of Glory is about being on the edge of your life, right before you die, remembering all the great things that have happened, and reaching a new peak in joy).

Also, she doesn't yell into the microphone, she sings, unless her vocals are a little too loud compared to your average, ahem, soft-spoken rock band. And how is it insincere? She has attended endless rallies, gone to a bunch of LGBT meetings and clubs, even got to discussing with Barack Obama on the subject of bullying. And even if you still don't at least respect her a little after this, I'll just let you know, she will come back, and she will have more songs on the radio, and you will just have to deal.

tl;dr: Adele would've won every award no matter who she was up against. And yes, maybe Gaga is a little pretentious.
    Yes, Gaga actually does have talent, and is not talentless.
    "Ballads that make gays feel better" is not an accurate description of her entire discography. Proof is in the other songs on BTW + The Fame (Monster)
    Born This Way is about her fans, and since most of her fans are gay or in the LGBT community, it would be strange for her not to write about them.
    She actually does sing, better than most of her contemporaries, actually.
    She is not insincere, she's done endless things for the LGBT commuinty
    And you will deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RebornRocks View Post
    How is she pretentious and annoying? OK, I understand the "pretentious" part, what with calling her album the greatest of the decade, saying BTW is the anthem of our generation. But what makes her annoying? Is it because her songs have been on the radio for the past 3 years? Or is it because of her near-constant support for the LGBT community and bullying victims? Or is it because she's able to do what most people with the general publics attention would be scared to do?

And about that second part, you're acting like Adele wasn't going to win over everyone she was nominated against. That was obvious. And also, Gaga has 5 Grammys from 2010+2011, which is more than some people get in their whole careers.

It's wrong to say that Gaga has no talent. Even though you probably won't reply, I want to know, what songs by Gaga have you heard? Moving on, Gaga is not talent-less, as she can sing, write, dance, play piano, produce, design her stages and music videos+photoshoots, and still put on an amazing pop show. Examples:

HOWARD STERN: Lady Gaga's solo piano performance of "The Edge Of Glory" on Howard Stern Show - YouTube

HOWARD STERN: Lady Gaga's solo piano performance of "Hair" on Howard Stern Show - YouTube

Lady gaga Teeth live @ madison square garden - YouTube

Lady Gaga - Marry The Night (Official Video) - YouTube

If you still can't see talent, than all I can say is that hopefully you see that she is amazing in the way she markets and promotes herself.

Also, please don't generalize her music as "ballads that make gays feel better". I can see why you would say that, as BTW is her biggest hit, and you've probably heard of "Hair", or maybe "Bad Kids" or "Highway Unicorn". But she herself said, at the beginning of promotion for Born This Way, that this album was inspired a lot by her fans, and since a lot of her fans are in the LGBT community, and how she's heard their stories, it would seem strange if she didn't write about that topic. If you want other topics from her, listen to The Fame (Most are about partying and fame, but some nice ones are "Paper Gangsta", "Brown Eyes", "I Like It Rough", "Disco Heaven", "Boys Boys Boys", and "Again Again"), The Fame Monster (Bad Romance is about falling in love with your best friend, Alejandro is about the fear of men and love, Monster is about meeting a dangerous man at a club, Speechless is about losing a loved one, Dance In The Dark is about being self-conscious and and about those who were fearless, Telephone is about wanting to relax while your head tells you to keep working, So Happy I Could Die is about addiction and wanting to feel happy, and Teeth is about the truth), and some of the other songs on Born This Way. (Marry The Night is about forgiving the dark things in your past, Scheisse is about female empowerment, Bloody Mary is basically Mary Magdelene confessing her love to Jesus the day he is crucified, Heavy Metal Lover is a different kind of party song, Black Jesus Amen Fashion is about finding a new way of thinking, The Queen is about being brave, and The Edge Of Glory is about being on the edge of your life, right before you die, remembering all the great things that have happened, and reaching a new peak in joy).

Also, she doesn't yell into the microphone, she sings, unless her vocals are a little too loud compared to your average, ahem, soft-spoken rock band. And how is it insincere? She has attended endless rallies, gone to a bunch of LGBT meetings and clubs, even got to discussing with Barack Obama on the subject of bullying. And even if you still don't at least respect her a little after this, I'll just let you know, she will come back, and she will have more songs on the radio, and you will just have to deal.

tl;dr: Adele would've won every award no matter who she was up against. And yes, maybe Gaga is a little pretentious.
    Yes, Gaga actually does have talent, and is not talentless.
    "Ballads that make gays feel better" is not an accurate description of her entire discography. Proof is in the other songs on BTW + The Fame (Monster)
    Born This Way is about her fans, and since most of her fans are gay or in the LGBT community, it would be strange for her not to write about them.
    She actually does sing, better than most of her contemporaries, actually.
    She is not insincere, she's done endless things for the LGBT commuinty
    And you will deal.
    +1,000,000

Preach it gurl xD

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Let's look at this from a single-by-single point (going by her discography on Wikipedia).

Just Dance - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Poker Face - Not an anthem for gay people (however, it is about Gaga's bisexuality).
    Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - Not an anthem for gay people.
    LoveGame - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Paparazzi - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Bad Romance - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Telephone - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Alejandro - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Dance in the Dark (it was released somewhere, apparently :3) - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Born This Way - An anthem for anyone in the world, not just gay people (just very frequently taken to be that).
    Judas - Not an anthem for gay people.
    The Edge of Glory - Not an anthem for gay people.
    You And I - Not an anthem for gay people.
    Marry The Night - Not an anthem for gay people.

So that's 13 - not vs 1 - yes. Hmm. And if you can call Born This Way a pop ballad, then you might wanna think again. It's only a ballad in the original term (in the fact that it tells a story, but then, more and more pop songs are telling stories these days).

Also, I have to respectfully disagree about her not having talent. Yeah, she's not perfect, but that girl can sing.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~