AVATAR: The LAST AIRBENDER the MOVIE

Thread: AVATAR: The LAST AIRBENDER the MOVIE

Blog Entries

Default AVATAR: The LAST AIRBENDER the MOVIE

look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XCEbXZwjzs

amazing!? the temple in 0:34 really looks like the eastern (if im not mistaken) temple in the cartoon..

cant wait to watch this..
    Pokemon White FC: 4813 9068 9493 - MAIN
    Pokemon Black FC: 4727 9278 7280

I'm just a holy fool. .:Solstice:.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AVATAR: The LAST AIRBENDER the MOVIE

Yeah, when I went to go watch Gi Joe, I saw the preview. Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows, I'm definetly gonna watch the movie.

7tx

I'm so keen for this movie, it better not go all Drgaonball on us

Blog Entries

Im really excited haha..
    Pokemon White FC: 4813 9068 9493 - MAIN
    Pokemon Black FC: 4727 9278 7280

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

*sigh*

The trailer looks epic. The scenes look epic. I so want to be fangasaming about this movie... but I'm not.

The actors. Now, I've always said that if they can play the parts they don't have to look like them per say. But every image or video of Katara has her look stoned, plus she is minus her hair loopies. And Zuko. Okay, I have no issue with Dev Patel playing the role. But his scar is so... small and almost unable to be seen. It blends in to much.

Now, you may think this is me being picky. Well, maybe it is, but this is may favorite TV show of all time. I so want this movie to turn out right and I already don't think it will. They are condensing the entire season into 2.5 hours. And from what I've seen there is going to be a lot of action. Kyoshi Island, the prison barge, the southern air temple, the Fire Nation Avatar temple. And then the northern water tribe. Not to mention the beginning with Aang and Zuko at the Southern Water tribe. There is so much I'm afraid it's just going to be a fast paced action film with little character development and butchering of all the morals and lessons of the original show. I'm starting to think they're going to combine the prison barge and the Jeong Jeong episode (this is a must for the movie, just saying). And I'm just not sure how I feel. I have no issue with M. Night. I think he'll give his best. I'm jsut not certain this movie is going to do the show justice. I'm going to go to this film with the same level of caution I will to the next Harry Potter Film. After the sixth movie... I just don't know.

I hope to Roku I am wrong.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Movie looks like it's going to have awesome-looking bending effects, but it's just too full of racefail and casting fail in general. I'm not going to be seeing this, definitely not.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Wow, the trailer is amazing! I'm definitely excited for this movie. For the casting, I'm willing to give all the actors a chance, I mean, you can't determine whether or not the actors fit the part until you see them!

Engineer_Jeers02.WAV Mr. Slowpoke's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The movie looks pretty cool, although whoever plays Aang looks a bit young for the role and I barely noticed (just like RyuuTakesh) Zuko's scar. But I'm not going to act all stupid and all, but I just don't want the entire movie to suck. I have good hopes on this one and I somehow knew a movie like this was coming.

''Aren't you a little young to be saving the world?''
    ''Yes, yes I am.''

Its definitely going on my "to see" list. I don't think its necessarily going to be "OMG epic fail", but I have learned to not get my hopes up too high when it comes to these types of movies.

I just had to listen to my little brother complain about the Percy Jackson movie for at least a half hour today. "They changed this, they left out that, theres no hydra blah blah spent too much time on pearls blah."

As much as I really liked the animated Avatar series though, I'm more excited for the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. X) I have no shame being 21 and reading/loving books written for elementary school kids. =)

Endless. Endless. J. S. Köttbulle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Frankly, it seems too much of a deviation from the original formula, just like Dragonball and Astro Boy. I'm worried it's going to try too hard to be bad-ass and fail horribly, pissing off the purists in the process. I'm shutting up now before you all kill me.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    - Jovi's Lament - Fantastic Voyage!? - Mother And Child - Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Reality -
    A person is not defined by their tastes, rather it is the other way 'round.