Animal Planet is ruined - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Planet is ruined

Blog Entries

Default Re: Animal Planet is ruined

Don't really care for it, but being a network, it's destined to suffer from network decay.

Happens to everything, it seems.

Crocodile Hunter was one of my absolute favorite shows when I was younger, (I still catch it sometimes randomly very early before work on the Discovery channel) Jeff Corwin was also really good.

I think the last time I watched Animal Planet was when they did the show where scientists tried to predict what future animals might evolve into after humans "leave earth".

I really don't know what they show on the channel nowadays.

Blog Entries

Wait I didn't know Pit Boss sucked

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries

Follow Kuwata on Tumblr

Call of the Wildman's worth it for me but yeah.
    In fact, half the shows that have been debuting lately have been getting one big "NO" from me; I lost hope when Top Hooker started airing.
    I miss the old Animal Planet.
    Loud and clear, 524
    Freud? Keloid? Just hit the key
    Everything, all's to be laughed at
    Hurry, dance with all your foolishness

--
    Here's my sprite gallery if you want to view it.

I have officially claimed Time Man.

Long live Haruka (May)! Haruka_Rules!'s Avatar

Animal Planet, like other networks, have gone downhill since 2009.

Crocodile Hunter
    Jeff Corwin Experiance
    Planet's Funniest Animals
    Buggin' with Ruud
    Corwin's Quest
    The Most Extreme
    and many others that aired before 2009. I stopped watching TV at the beginning of 2010.

^Those were very goods shows APL had. :(

Created by Princess of Hoenn

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Being a major animal lover, it seems to me that Animal Planet is getting a little too "human"

You know, I understand humans themselves are animals, but that doesn't mean that humanity has to be the center of the universe. Being a major animal lover, I am very aggravated with what Animal Planet has been doing in the past few years, it's basically become more about humanity, with animals being pushed to the side, heck, it's slogan is now "Surprisingly human", which is right in so many ways...

When I was a kid, I would watch AP every morning if there was nothing else on, and they would have all sorts of nature documentaries and interesting shows, nowadays they show reality shows that often either focus on animal cruelty, fishermen, or most commonly, have nothing to do with animals whatsoever, and when they DO show animal programming, it's usually about domestic pets such as Cats and Dogs, which are sadly, the most watchable programming they have now, but I want to see shows about wild animals and nature, not strictly peoples pets, but at least shows like "Cats 101" and "Too Cute" are actually ABOUT animals.

Fortunately, there's National Geographic Wild (or NatGeo Wild for short), which is all animals, all the time, basically, it's what Animal Planet USED to be. Still, there's more Animal based programming on Animal Planet then there is Science Fiction on the Sci-Fi Channel (or as they call it now, "Syfy"), but that's a different topic...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

Unhappy Re: Animal Planet is ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Being a major animal lover, it seems to me that Animal Planet is getting a little too "human"

You know, I understand humans themselves are animals, but that doesn't mean that humanity has to be the center of the universe. Being a major animal lover, I am very aggravated with what Animal Planet has been doing in the past few years, it's basically become more about humanity, with animals being pushed to the side, heck, it's slogan is now "Surprisingly human", which is right in so many ways...
    "Animals? We don't need no stinkin' animals!" "An Animal Planet publicist noted "Treehouse Masters" explores more the "planet" side of the channel's name, a sentiment echoed by Animal Planet president Marjorie Kaplan."
    ""I think the way we think about it is there's not an animal planet separate from a human planet. We all inhabit the same living planet," Kaplan said. "'Treehouse Matsers' is a way to bring the audience up into the trees and back to the wild one tree at a time. We think it's very consistent with what Animal Planet is offering, which is this visceral, human connection to the wild.""

*sigh* There it goes....

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

I was never a major fan of any of Animal Planet's older material that didn't have anything to do with cats or dogs, or the talent show they had called Pet Star, but most of the programing they air now isn't really worth watching.
    Am I feisty? Do I stand out? Can you feel it like peppermint?

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quote stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post

"Animals? We don't need no stinkin' animals!" "An Animal Planet publicist noted "Treehouse Masters" explores more the "planet" side of the channel's name, a sentiment echoed by Animal Planet president Marjorie Kaplan."
    ""I think the way we think about it is there's not an animal planet separate from a human planet. We all inhabit the same living planet," Kaplan said. "'Treehouse Matsers' is a way to bring the audience up into the trees and back to the wild one tree at a time. We think it's very consistent with what Animal Planet is offering, which is this visceral, human connection to the wild.""

*sigh* There it goes....
    I know right? The show that drove me away from "Animal" Planet was "The Haunting", the commercials said it was about how people's pets feel more tense around ghosts and older abandoned houses, and then you watch it, and the pets are only on screen (or even mentioned) for about 30 seconds, and then halfway through an episode, you find yourself saying "Where the hell are the animals? This channel is called ANIMAL Planet, not Ghost Hunters Knockoff Planet!" because the show has virtually NOTHING to do with animals, it's just a Ghost Hunters knockoff

And if you look at what little animal-based programming there is on the channel, 90% of it is about domestic pets like cats and dogs, and while I would love to see some animals in the wild or at zoos like lions, elephants, and my personal favorite, otters, at least shows about domestic pets are actually ABOUT animals and not a bunch of random guys doing stuff. I cannot afford trips to the nearest zoo all the time or go on nature walks and see nothing but the occasional deer and squirrel and nothing else to see my favorite animals. And when you go on DeviantART, it's nothing but furry fandom stuff, and on Youtube half of the animal related stuff is cat videos.

Let's just put it simply: Animal-based shows on Animal Planet are on the endangered species list right now, because I needed an animal analogy to make to describe this. In fact, other than Shark Week (which is nothing but sharks, but it's about an animal at least), you rarely see any animal programs on TV overall. If I wanted to watch a channel about people in the wilderness like Treehouse Masters, I would watch a channel about people in the wilderness, but when I watch a channel called Animal Planet, what do I expect to see other than, well, animals?

At this point, Animal Planet is as much about animals as Syfy is to science fiction (it's pretty much The Asylum movie channel now), the History Channel airing History programming, and most notably, MTV playing music videos.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

I would love to see some animals in the wild
    I wonder what would happen if they started showing Wild Discovery. I don't remember it very well, but I'm positive it was more animal-oriented than the treehouse thing, though I'm not sure about offering a "visceral, human connection to the wild." Maybe it's the name (from the Discovery Channel)....

Mutha'uckas CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I never watched any of those. Occassionally i'll watch Monkey World or Dogs 101. It's cool that they've finally started broadcasting shows in HD now.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Today, Animal Planet aired a human health show! Yeah, Animal Planet is that bad nowadays.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Emergency Vets. Or "The Show that Made Me Sob Every Time I Watched". Yeah, I remember that one. It was the biggest reason I watched Animal Planet. I don't think I've watched Animal Planet in the past five years, to be quite honest. The programming looks like utter crap now.
    Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    The quality of the programming has declined over the years. I suppose the Discovery Channel rejects are being dumped into reduce costs and fill in time.
    They could always sell it, you know. Discovery sold their kid's channel to Hasbro; it's now the Hub. It's a thought.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Blog Entries

Follow Kuwata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    Today, Animal Planet aired a human health show! Yeah, Animal Planet is that bad nowadays.
    Excuse u Monsters Inside Me is actually really gr8
    Loud and clear, 524
    Freud? Keloid? Just hit the key
    Everything, all's to be laughed at
    Hurry, dance with all your foolishness

--
    Here's my sprite gallery if you want to view it.

I have officially claimed Time Man.

Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ArceusAlpha493 View Post
    Anybody remember watching Animal Planet during 2001- 2008, those that the whole family could enjoy. Now animal planet is nearly adult oriented and most of them have little or nothing to do with animals. For example are the list of shows:
    Meerkat Manor
    Crocodile Hunter
    Jeff Corwin Experiance
    Planet's Funniest Animals
    Orangotan Island
    Emergency Vets
    and many others that aired during that time.
    Discuss.
    Don't forget Pet Star and AP's The Most Extreme!

For some reason, a few weeks ago, they started throwing on marathons of Dirty Jobs like they have nothing else to show! -_- I used to watch Animal Planet a loooot and I still do. But, how can I watch it properly if there isn't really anything on besides Dirty Jobs, Call of the Wildman, or Finding Bigfoot? The only shows I really watch when they come on are Animal Cops, Dogs 101, Pit Bulls and Parolees, Tanked, and Too Cute. I pretty much stick to NatGeo Wild now. I mean, I don't really mind if they are going "more human" (although I would much rather watch shows about non-humans), because well, humans are also part of the kingdom Animalia, we live on the same planet as non-humans, and there are no such things as human cells; they are the same as animal cells with no cell walls, but centrioles. No one has to agree with me, I'm just a very science based person.
    Last edited by Chibster; 14th July 2014 at 08:14 AM.
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast